PDA

View Full Version : So, What's Your Halloween Costume?

Joe270
10-15-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm known for my completely outrageous Halloween costumes.

I have won contests with costumes such as the Nick Nolte mug shot, Martha Stewart Living. . .Behind Bars, and a blue-skinned Kursk submariner.

First, understand that I'm a fifty year old chubby dude. I could stand to lose 10 or 50 pounds.

This year I'm going as Britney Spears. I've got a bald skull cap thingy, but I still need a sequined bikini, some fishnet stockings, and a baby doll I can drop frequently.

It's nice to have a costume that I can drink and smoke all I like in. Sorta completes the picture. I might put some powdered sugar under my nostrils.

So what are you dressing up as for Halloween?

Susie
10-15-2007, 09:33 AM
:roll: Haven't decided yet what we'll be going as, though bet it'll be interesting.:)

billythrilly7th
10-15-2007, 09:35 AM
The Man From Space or a Pinball Machine.

I'm not sure yet.

Joe270
10-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Susie, my wife and I once whipped up a costume fast. She dressed in a cardboard box I painted red, with arm and leg holes cut in it. I dressed in a pair of overalls with a flannel shirt and stuffed a trowel in my back pocket.

A brick and a brick layer.

joetrain
10-15-2007, 09:41 AM
First, understand that I'm a fifty year old chubby dude. I could stand to lose 10 or 50 pounds.

This year I'm going as Britney Spears.

almost like not dressin up at all

Joe270
10-15-2007, 09:49 AM
almost like not dressin up at all

Sorta dressin' down, ain't it?

I just hope it doesn't turn cold.

joetrain
10-15-2007, 09:54 AM
the colder the more realistic i'd say

Cassiopeia
10-15-2007, 10:08 AM
I just figure I will go out as myself.

I will be in the UK and figure that an American on the loose is scary enough. ;)

Joe270
10-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Oh, absolutely, all you need is a "Vote Bush, 2008" sign and you'll be the target of ridicule life of the party.

Cassiopeia
10-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Oh, absolutely, all you need is a "Vote Bush, 2008" sign and you'll be the target of ridicule life of the party.

I'm sorry but I must insist that you NOT use foul language when addressing me, Joseph. ;)

*giggles and wanders off*

rhymegirl
10-15-2007, 02:59 PM
ELVIRA.

Zelenka
10-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Susie, my wife and I once whipped up a costume fast. She dressed in a cardboard box I painted red, with arm and leg holes cut in it. I dressed in a pair of overalls with a flannel shirt and stuffed a trowel in my back pocket.

A brick and a brick layer.

Oh, I want to be a brick too! :hooray: I was going to wear my silver catsuit and purple wig and just go as some sort of non descript space alien chick but then I took my figure into account and decided to spare humanity from that horror...

jodiodi
10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
The usual ... princess goddess.

CaroGirl
10-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm going to wear glasses and a rumpled sport coat with elbow patches. I will smoke a pipe. I'm going as a writer.

auntybug
10-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Sorry - picture was icky - last year I made a dresser of foam & had a lampshade hat - I was a "One Night stand".

Bmwhtly
10-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Buglet, I was going to rep you a *groan* for that pun. But I got an error message, so I'll just tell you

JonathanMaberry
10-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm doing a reading from my latest novel (Dead Man's Song) on Halloween at the McNally Robinson bookstore...and the theme of the event's costumes is to come as a literary character or author. I'm planning to come as my pen name (which I used for one book), but since I've stopped using that pen name I'll be coming as the 'decesased' version.

Shadow_Ferret
10-15-2007, 06:07 PM
I outgrew the whole costume thing when I was a child. I find adults who dress up to be....well, creepy.

sunna
10-15-2007, 06:07 PM
I've been the same thing for - well, this year will make it three years - because I spent so much time on my costume and it looks, if I may say so, pretty kickass. Kind of a fall fairy queen thing. I took a bridesmaid's dress set I knew I'd never be wearing again and sewed sparkly leaves all over the skirt and halter top-vest, and made a bell sleeved gold shirt to go underneath the vest. Then I made a big billow-y cloak and covered it in the same leaves, so if I'm wearing that I just look like a sparkly leaf pile.

It's so much fun to wear, especially when bar hopping. :D

Azraelsbane
10-15-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure yet. I do know I'll be going to the door with my snake on my arm, just to scare kiddies. When I was about 14 I dressed up as a soldier (camos and such), and at about five or six houses I went to the guy giving candy said, "Oh wow, a Vietnam Vet, that's an awesome costume!" Yeah, I'm in a wheelchair. LOL I never even thought about that.

auntybug
10-15-2007, 06:17 PM
I outgrew the whole costume thing when I was a child. I find adults who dress up to be....well, creepy.

We don't stop playing because we grow old - we grow old becuase we stop playing!

Buggy - off with Peter Pan - I aint ever growin' up :e2tongue:

maestrowork
10-15-2007, 06:23 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/maestrowork/Screenshot_19.png

Shadow_Ferret
10-15-2007, 06:29 PM
We don't stop playing because we grow old - we grow old becuase we stop playing!

Buggy - off with Peter Pan - I aint ever growin' up :e2tongue:
I still think its creepy. But to be honest, I was never into costumes even when I was a kid. I did it to get candy, not because I found any enjoyment in it.

BenPanced
10-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I quit the costume thing a zillion years ago, too. Call me old/bitter/frustrated/whatevs, I just can't get into it any longer.

maestrowork
10-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I quit the costume thing a zillion years ago, too. Call me old/bitter/frustrated/whatevs, I just can't get into it any longer.

Or was it because the Xena outfit got a bit too tight...?

;)

JonathanMaberry
10-15-2007, 07:00 PM
I've always been a big fan of costumes and Halloween parties. I just wish I was young enough and small enough to still go Trick or Treating. But, considering I'm close to 50 and 6'4" that WOULD be creepy.

Wonder how much candy I'd get though...

Joe270
10-15-2007, 09:35 PM
We don't go trick or treating, that's for the kids.

After they're finished, though, we go 'trick or drinking' around to the neighbors. We started it in San Antonio and it lasted for 14 years. Now we're doing it in Vegas. We have a half-dozen neighbors line up so far.

Every house serves a different drink. We're going with green apple martinis, the folks next to us are serving mojitos. It's an outdoor party, we have two fire pits lined up and two patio heaters, just go to the house of choice and get a libation.

The kids are so hopped up on sugar they aren't going to bed until eleven anyway.

C.bronco
10-15-2007, 09:38 PM
I was thinking about getting a pair of red stilettos and a gin pail and going as Miss Snark, but there would be a 2% chance someone might recognize the costume at at the party I'm probably going to.

JLCwrites
10-15-2007, 09:39 PM
We don't go trick or treating, that's for the kids.

After they're finished, though, we go 'trick or drinking' around to the neighbors. We started it in San Antonio and it lasted for 14 years. Now we're doing it in Vegas. We have a half-dozen neighbors line up so far.

Every house serves a different drink. We're going with green apple martinis, the folks next to us are serving mojitos. It's an outdoor party, we have two fire pits lined up and two patio heaters, just go to the house of choice and get a libation.

The kids are so hopped up on sugar they aren't going to bed until eleven anyway.

That sounds awesome! Wish I lived closer... :(

davids
10-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Edna the three legged turd

Backward Masking
10-15-2007, 09:49 PM
A certain... scarecrow. Maybe.

zahra
10-15-2007, 11:26 PM
I like Halloween dressing up, but only if it's scary. We Brits haven't yet caught up with the 'anything goes-ness' of Halloween costumes.

I remember last year, there was a gossip-picture piece in one of the UK tabloids, snarking at some some US starlet's costume, saying, 'Er...Starlet, the point of Halloween costumes is they're supposed to be scary.' I was going to write them an equally snaky e-mail, explaining the strange ways of our cousins across the Atlantic, but in the end I had too much of a life.

I went as a corpse-bride last year, to the club I work in. Great fun. Staying home and watching movies this year, but might dress up anyway. cos I haven't got THAT much of a life:)!

MidnightMuse
10-15-2007, 11:36 PM
I dress up as the same thing every year - a woman who just got off work, drove home in the dark trying not to kill too many little guttersnipes wearing costumes and hunting for free candy, who's now sitting on the couch trying to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show in peace and sitting in the dark with the door locked so said brats with candy bags will avoid her house.

cray
10-15-2007, 11:42 PM
I dress up as the same thing every year - a woman who just got off work, drove home in the dark trying not to kill too many little guttersnipes wearing costumes and hunting for free candy, who's now sitting on the couch trying to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show in peace and sitting in the dark with the door locked so said brats with candy bags will avoid her house.

your house is going to get tp'd!

Gaia
10-16-2007, 12:33 AM

I have won contests with costumes such as the Nick Nolte mug shot, Martha Stewart Living. . .Behind Bars, and a blue-skinned Kursk submariner.

This year I'm going as Britney Spears. I've got a bald skull cap thingy, but I still need a sequined bikini, some fishnet stockings, and a baby doll I can drop frequently.

It's nice to have a costume that I can drink and smoke all I like in. Sorta completes the picture. I might put some powdered sugar under my nostrils.

Will you be armed with an umbrella as well?

I demand pictures!! I demand!

...on second hand, maybe not.

Haven't decided on my costume yet. Anybody know how to make a gargoyle costume?

triceretops
10-16-2007, 12:37 AM
ELVIRA.

I just made the Homer Simpson noise when he's lusting after D..O..N..U..T..S...hmmmm, grahrgg.

Tri

OctoberRain
10-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Brainy Smurf!

TrainofThought
10-16-2007, 12:48 AM

So what are you dressing up as for Halloween?I'm going as me. :D

JoeEkaitis
10-16-2007, 12:51 AM
I'll probably get a bad haircut, then sloppily apply some brown Just For Men and be Bill Gates for Halloween.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/billg/images/gates-hp.jpg

sassandgroove
10-16-2007, 12:55 AM
To contrast Muse, I get to be a young married woman who doesn't have kids yet and is delighted to live in a neighborhood where we will have trick or treaters. :)

I tend to have a good costume about once every three years. This is an off year.

Good costumes:
Always a bridesmaid never a bride (Bridesmaid dress, cobwebs, running mascera, etc.)
Pirate (with Hubby)
School Girl
-when I was little-
Smurfette in pants.

Silver King
10-16-2007, 12:59 AM
I mentioned this a while back, but I don't think it was in Office Party.

A few years ago, I was invited to a theme party for Halloween where the guests were expected to dress like emotions. One guy showed up nude except for a pear strategically placed in front of his manhood.

When the host saw him, she screamed, "What're you doing? You were supposed to come dressed as an emotion!"

The man said, "But I am an emotion. I'm in dis-pear."

MidnightMuse
10-16-2007, 01:00 AM
To contrast Muse, I get to be a young married woman who doesn't have kids yet and is delighted to live in a neighborhood where we will have trick or treaters. :)

YOUR house is gonna get tp'd !

:D

sassandgroove
10-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Why?

MidnightMuse
10-16-2007, 01:13 AM
My neighborhood is bassackwards. You give out candy, the 24-year olds in bad costumes judge it unworthy, you get egged.

You turn out the lights, pretend not to be home, and don't clear out those genuine spider webs covering your front porch, and they wander off to the next house.

Bassackwards.

JLCwrites
10-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Our street is the darkest. We get at the most 10 brave little kids, and from what I hear, most neighbors don't hand out candy anyway. Bummer.

auntybug
10-16-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm in dis-pear."

Muse didn't pie that??

Hubby cut a big opening in a box with 2 1/2 circles at the bottom- put it on his head.

Sign said "Insert breasts here"

He was a mamogram machine.

sassandgroove
10-16-2007, 01:23 AM
This is the first time EVAH that I will have trick or treaters (as a grown up non trickortreater) , so I hope we get some. We closed on our house last Oct but didn't move into it until NOV and we were at disneyworld on the 31st, so I guess last year I was dressed as a tourist. :D anywhoo, I hope it isn't a bust, I hope we get some kids.

Sunkissed27f
10-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Dang...I just remembered I need to get a pumpkin!!

I am going to be ......I'll get back with you on this one. :)

rhymegirl
10-16-2007, 02:04 AM
ELVIRA.

I just made the Homer Simpson noise when he's lusting after D..O..N..U..T..S...hmmmm, grahrgg.

Tri

Oh really????

Well, either her or Jessica Rabbit.

Joe270
10-16-2007, 07:40 AM
When the host saw him, she screamed, "What're you doing? You were supposed to come dressed as an emotion!"

The man said, "But I am an emotion. I'm in dis-pear."

And another nekkid dude shows up with nothing but a bowl of pudding on his crotch.

"I'm f@$#ing dis custard."

Carole
10-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Probably as my avatar again. It's fun, and Mr. Vagabond Looooooves the tights!

badducky
10-16-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm going to go as "World Famous Novelist J M McDermott"

It's just like dressing like me, but my clothes are ironed, and I wear sunglasses to protect my delicate eyes from all those flashbulbs.