So, What's Your Halloween Costume?

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I'm known for my completely outrageous Halloween costumes.

I have won contests with costumes such as the Nick Nolte mug shot, Martha Stewart Living. . .Behind Bars, and a blue-skinned Kursk submariner.

First, understand that I'm a fifty year old chubby dude. I could stand to lose 10 or 50 pounds.

This year I'm going as Britney Spears. I've got a bald skull cap thingy, but I still need a sequined bikini, some fishnet stockings, and a baby doll I can drop frequently.

It's nice to have a costume that I can drink and smoke all I like in. Sorta completes the picture. I might put some powdered sugar under my nostrils.

So what are you dressing up as for Halloween?

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Susie, my wife and I once whipped up a costume fast. She dressed in a cardboard box I painted red, with arm and leg holes cut in it. I dressed in a pair of overalls with a flannel shirt and stuffed a trowel in my back pocket.

A brick and a brick layer.

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
First, understand that I'm a fifty year old chubby dude. I could stand to lose 10 or 50 pounds.

This year I'm going as Britney Spears.

almost like not dressin up at all

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
the colder the more realistic i'd say

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, absolutely, all you need is a "Vote Bush, 2008" sign and you'll be the target of ridicule life of the party.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Susie, my wife and I once whipped up a costume fast. She dressed in a cardboard box I painted red, with arm and leg holes cut in it. I dressed in a pair of overalls with a flannel shirt and stuffed a trowel in my back pocket.

A brick and a brick layer.

Oh, I want to be a brick too! :hooray: I was going to wear my silver catsuit and purple wig and just go as some sort of non descript space alien chick but then I took my figure into account and decided to spare humanity from that horror...

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to wear glasses and a rumpled sport coat with elbow patches. I will smoke a pipe. I'm going as a writer.

JonathanMaberry

Author and Marvel Comics Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jonathanmaberry.com
I'm doing a reading from my latest novel (Dead Man's Song) on Halloween at the McNally Robinson bookstore...and the theme of the event's costumes is to come as a literary character or author. I'm planning to come as my pen name (which I used for one book), but since I've stopped using that pen name I'll be coming as the 'decesased' version.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I've been the same thing for - well, this year will make it three years - because I spent so much time on my costume and it looks, if I may say so, pretty kickass. Kind of a fall fairy queen thing. I took a bridesmaid's dress set I knew I'd never be wearing again and sewed sparkly leaves all over the skirt and halter top-vest, and made a bell sleeved gold shirt to go underneath the vest. Then I made a big billow-y cloak and covered it in the same leaves, so if I'm wearing that I just look like a sparkly leaf pile.

It's so much fun to wear, especially when bar hopping. :D

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
I'm not sure yet. I do know I'll be going to the door with my snake on my arm, just to scare kiddies. When I was about 14 I dressed up as a soldier (camos and such), and at about five or six houses I went to the guy giving candy said, "Oh wow, a Vietnam Vet, that's an awesome costume!" Yeah, I'm in a wheelchair. LOL I never even thought about that.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Screenshot_19.png

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
We don't stop playing because we grow old - we grow old becuase we stop playing!

Buggy - off with Peter Pan - I aint ever growin' up :e2tongue:
I still think its creepy. But to be honest, I was never into costumes even when I was a kid. I did it to get candy, not because I found any enjoyment in it.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I quit the costume thing a zillion years ago, too. Call me old/bitter/frustrated/whatevs, I just can't get into it any longer.