Status
Not open for further replies.

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
SRHowen said:
It was 83 here today. Nice day for house hunting. We found one, now if the financing goes through.

Shawn

It took us two separate bouts of househunting before we found a house. If the financing doesn't go through then it's not meant to be yet. I hope it does however.

The first we began, we had a house, made the offer, had the financing... hubby got laid off from work (construction field). Second time everything went smoothly and we got a nicer house than the previous one.

Thanks lucyishome for your kind words.

lucyishome

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Moondancer said:
It took us two separate bouts of househunting before we found a house. If the financing doesn't go through then it's not meant to be yet. I hope it does however.

The first we began, we had a house, made the offer, had the financing... hubby got laid off from work (construction field). Second time everything went smoothly and we got a nicer house than the previous one.

Thanks lucyishome for your kind words.

Steph,

You do not need to thank me. Its me Anne.

Anne

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
I hope this does. It's on 2 acres of wooded land, 2046 sq ft, a bit smaller than what we live in now, but only 2 years old. Last people to live there (it's a foreclosure) left a lot of junk all over the place outside, but that can be carted away. They took all the ceiling fans, the inside door knobs, and all the glass covers for light fixtures as well as the heat vent covers. House needs a good cleaning.

But no more constant barking dogs all day and all night--at least not right on top of me. Our fence neighbor decided the best way to keep a burglar out--someone tried to break into the side of their house next to us, was to get a big dog from the shelter then pen it in this little pen (only as long as the side of their house and about four ft wide the other way)(mind you they have a completely fenced back yard) right against the fence on our side of their house. I can't open the windows on that side--it barks if I close a cupboard drawer, it barks if we talk in a normal voice, it barks when it sees us through the window--it barks and barks and barks.

We have a nasty noisy woman across the street who thinks she's the "rule" police. She will even look through the cracks in your privacy fence to see if you are breaking a "rule." We have the old fridge in the back behind the privacy fence. Only one day a year that the city picks them up, so there it sits. The door side is to the house, it is also duct taped shut. You can not see it unless you are inside the fence or the gate is open. It never is.

Gee, wonder how she saw it--she reported it was sitting in public view and it "bothered" her.

Plus we have a mess of other neighbors up the street who let their kids run and do whatever they want, including breaking off car radio antennas, stealing hood emblems, throwing trash in your yard and so on. You don't dare say a word to those kids or the parents get in your face and scream racisism.

Say what? I screamed back at one woman that her kids thought they could toss trash in my yard just because I am Indian. At least her kids call me ma'am now and don't toss their crap in my yard. Doesn’t help with the other kids who say I don’t like their kids because I am Indian.

But I have had enough. I'm not a city person--not at all and the past 8 years I have had to live in one type of city or another. And a wooded lot here in Texas is an amazing thing in this area.

The financing should have gone through last night--VA but it comes up flagged because I have only been at my "income" job for a year. It means a real live person needs to look at it and approve it vs the computer at fannymae saying OK go for it.

The mortgage broker is pretty sure it will go through.

Shawn

tfdswift

Hillbilly Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I have not read this whole thread...

I haven't read this whole thread... (Not alot of time) But I noticed that anyone who posts and then immediately posts again, their count stays the same. So how do you pad your posts that way?

~~Tammy

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
SRHowen said:
I hope this does. It's on 2 acres of wooded land, 2046 sq ft, a bit smaller than what we live in now, but only 2 years old. Last people to live there (it's a foreclosure) left a lot of junk all over the place outside, but that can be carted away. They took all the ceiling fans, the inside door knobs, and all the glass covers for light fixtures as well as the heat vent covers. House needs a good cleaning.

But no more constant barking dogs all day and all night--at least not right on top of me. Our fence neighbor decided the best way to keep a burglar out--someone tried to break into the side of their house next to us, was to get a big dog from the shelter then pen it in this little pen (only as long as the side of their house and about four ft wide the other way)(mind you they have a completely fenced back yard) right against the fence on our side of their house. I can't open the windows on that side--it barks if I close a cupboard drawer, it barks if we talk in a normal voice, it barks when it sees us through the window--it barks and barks and barks.

We have a nasty noisy woman across the street who thinks she's the "rule" police. She will even look through the cracks in your privacy fence to see if you are breaking a "rule." We have the old fridge in the back behind the privacy fence. Only one day a year that the city picks them up, so there it sits. The door side is to the house, it is also duct taped shut. You can not see it unless you are inside the fence or the gate is open. It never is.

Gee, wonder how she saw it--she reported it was sitting in public view and it "bothered" her.

Plus we have a mess of other neighbors up the street who let their kids run and do whatever they want, including breaking off car radio antennas, stealing hood emblems, throwing trash in your yard and so on. You don't dare say a word to those kids or the parents get in your face and scream racisism.

Say what? I screamed back at one woman that her kids thought they could toss trash in my yard just because I am Indian. At least her kids call me ma'am now and don't toss their crap in my yard. Doesn’t help with the other kids who say I don’t like their kids because I am Indian.

But I have had enough. I'm not a city person--not at all and the past 8 years I have had to live in one type of city or another. And a wooded lot here in Texas is an amazing thing in this area.

The financing should have gone through last night--VA but it comes up flagged because I have only been at my "income" job for a year. It means a real live person needs to look at it and approve it vs the computer at fannymae saying OK go for it.

The mortgage broker is pretty sure it will go through.

Shawn

I think anybody would have a hard time living in that. I know I would. 2 acres sound great. I hope there are trees on those acres... lots of them... they'll help filter any noise from your neighbors even if they won't be so close to you then as now.

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
tfdswift said:
I haven't read this whole thread... (Not alot of time) But I noticed that anyone who posts and then immediately posts again, their count stays the same. So how do you pad your posts that way?

~~Tammy

Well, hmmm... that could be for a lot of reasons which I won't give unless you want the technical version so I'll just say because it isn't working right.

BottomlessCup

Getting settled
Registered
Reaction score
This forum system changes the number on all your posts to the current number. Go look at your first post on these boards. It'll say your current number.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
This is the danger of a pad your post thread on a writers' board. Eventually it gets interesting, only there are so many topics you don't know which to reply to.

Weather: We had a tornado touch down 12 miles from here yesterday, in Sacramento. And all around, all day, the sky was magnificent. I'm a cloud nut, but yesterday I wasn't the only one pulling off to the side of the road to look up with my mouth agape.

Househunting: My next-door neighbor has 5 little dachsunds who all bark at every sound we make. If the neighbors aren't home to shush them, they will not stop barking all day, or all night. If they are home, it's not much better -- the humans scream at the dogs to SHUT UP! And that's not all -- he's the dog-catcher! He keeps a cat-trap in his front yard. He has trapped our cat, who was wearing his collar, and taken him to the pound and not even told us. We call him the boobytrapper. The housing market around here is such that if a house comes on the market it is sold in a day for over the asking price. Homebuyers here don't get to "choose" a house. You just kind one that's the right size and and close to a prize you can swing and bid.

Posts: I think this is my 49th! I'm one away from the next level, which is what I can't remember, but oh boy!

-pkpk

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
This is absolutely hilarious! Of course, I have a long way to 50, but I might just come and visit here once in a while! You all are so much fun! :) I love this place!

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
ZaZ said:
As soon as I get to fifty I'm never coming back here.
It's a silly place.

ZaZ, sometimes we need silly. I am much too serious according to me hubby. Every board needs a chit chat section, otherwise serious threads get cluttered up with the extraneous.

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
TemlynWriting said:
But Renee, you're already "super duper!" ;)

LOL..actually that's my self proclaimed title..I didn't want to veture too far from Super Member..lol..now I'm thinking "board fanatic," is sounding good.

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
Renee Bagley said:
LOL..actually that's my self proclaimed title..I didn't want to veture too far from Super Member..lol..now I'm thinking "board fanatic," is sounding good.

Well, I'm kinda new here, and I think everyone I met has been super duper so far, so the title must fit you as well! :)

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
I've been reading this board for years, but recently joined myself. There are alot of nice and helpful people here. And thanks! Did ya know..you can change the title under your name, if you want too..I didn't know that until recently. Not sure if there is a number of posts you have to read first or not since I didn't even notice that I could change mine until I hit around 70 (and someone told me).

Welcome, there is certainly alot alot of information in this place!

Status
Not open for further replies.