PDA

View Full Version : The Best Thing About Sunday?

Bourbon Street
10-13-2007, 10:16 PM
So I've been sending out agent queries for one of my completed HF manuscripts.

Last Saturday, I received five - count 'em- five rejections in the mail at once. Ouch. Actually, it was six letters, but two were from the same agent. I guess she REALLY hated it.

So I'm thinking, in the words of Vernon Dursley, you know what's good about Sunday? No post on Sunday!

So what happens? Another f***ing agent E-MAILS me a rejection on Sunday.

Evil. Just evil.

Susie
10-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Hey, Bourbon, don't give up. You just haven't found a smart agent yet who sees the quality of your writing. Have some chocolate and you'll be aok and send out more next week. Much good luck!

vfury
10-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Oh, that is evil. :( But take a moment to grump over it, have something nice, and send out the next batch. Don't give up!

J. R. Tomlin
10-14-2007, 01:20 AM
I once got a request for a full on Sunday so I don't totally hate them--but since I get about one sale or request for a ms to 50 rejections, guess which is more likely?

Kudra
10-14-2007, 03:06 AM
Bastards! Don't they know Sunday is God's day?

So you drinking yet?

Red-Green
10-14-2007, 08:20 AM
This is me making a plan not to check e-mail on Sunday...gah! I got a rejection (for a short story) in the mail today, and don't need another tomorrow. Or another six for that matter. That sounds rough--hang in there.

clara bow
10-14-2007, 06:42 PM
bummer.

maddythemad
10-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Owwwch!

But at least you now don't have to wait five months thinking, "Has she read it? Does she like it? Does she hate it? Does waiting three months means she really hates it, or that she's taken it to a major publisher to see if they'll buy it off the query alone?"

Look at the positive. :)

Pike
10-14-2007, 07:17 PM
I've heard of several others here on the boards that were hit right square in the walnuts just like that. Makes you wonder if they e-mail each other on how to squash a writers spirit. Simultaneous subs are great for quick networking but hurt like hell on the rejection end. Have a beer, watch a game, then choke the mailman for killing your weekend. Wait, scratch that advice. The beer might lead you into doing something you'll later regret. Enjoy the rest!

Pike

zahra
10-14-2007, 11:30 PM
There's a postal strike on in London at the moment, so all rejections are on hold, yeehah. Not that I've got anything out, except in comps.

Sorry, anyway, Bourbon. And it being Sunday, you're not even allowed to swear...