baby boy monikers

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
So my brother- and sister-in-law are thisclose to the birth of their second, a son. Still, they have no name for the little guy. Just for fun, gimme your favorite boy names! What would you name a son if you had one? Maybe I can pass a few on to them.

I like Samuel Edward or Owen Edward. Hubby likes Christian Isaiah. No baby boys in the works for us, though.

Reaction score
Hmm... somehow I think those won't make the cut...

But I'm glad you're having fun! :D

Okay, I'll be serious.

Alexander and Leonardo.

I also like Achilleus, but that's when I'm wearing my "Too silly to ever be a mother" hat. :D

donroc

Historicals and Horror rule
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
I mentioned this in another thread, the humorist Roger Price's WHAT NOT TO NAME THE BABY, ca 1958. All children grow into their names. Nme your kid Vince, he will end up in a pool hall. William is stuffy; Bill a regular guy, Billy immature through life. Howard will marry Nancy and they will end up in the suburbs.

www.donaldmichaelplatt.com aka the REAL Donald -- no poof hairstyle.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I love the name Samuel. I tried to talk my husband into naming my second son Sam, but he didn't like it. Then I had a third son, and I was all, "Please, please, let's name him Sam!" And still no. So I adopted an adult dachshund named Sam. :D

Reaction score
But kecks are trousers. And it sounds a bit like the word 'keech' which means shite in Scotland. Not ch as in church, but as in Chaim.

It also makes me think 'kick Brian'.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
My first, if a boy, was going to be Alexander Richard. Twas a girl, so she's Gabrielle Melinda.

Second, if a boy, was to be named Luka. Alas, another female - Nina.