PDA

View Full Version : How's about a little AL EAST love...

Foinah
10-13-2007, 04:19 AM
Shout out for your team!

Be it the Bosox (woohoo! AL east champs!) or the Indians...this is gonna be a great series.

Any NL love out there? Let's go Rockies!!!

Jongfan
10-13-2007, 04:21 AM
Top of the fourth... 5 - 1 Boston... Life is GOOD!!!

Foinah
10-13-2007, 04:51 AM
four walks...wow, CC. Gettin' ready to get knocked out of the game methinks. Come on boys! Eat up that bullpen!

astonwest
10-13-2007, 05:22 AM
I lost interest...because now that the Spankees are out of the postseason, I have no team to root against...

zahra
10-13-2007, 05:22 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about. Somehow I want to keep it that way.:)

robeiae
10-13-2007, 05:33 AM
They're talking hockey, I think. Or maybe soccer.

Foinah
10-13-2007, 05:34 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about. Somehow I want to keep it that way.:)

Ignorance is bliss, eh?

This game has turned into a bleeder. I thought the Indians might have a little more spunk, but it's just game one.
Wow.

Hillary
10-13-2007, 06:14 AM
So, let me get this straight... The team the Sox are currently SPANKING is also the team that SPANKED the Yankees. Riiiiiight? Right.

So. This is a clear case of Spanking By Association. Or the Pythagorean Theorem. Or something. In any case, YANKEES SUCK!

Also, GO SOX

Jongfan
10-13-2007, 06:22 AM
So, let me get this straight... The team the Sox are currently SPANKING is also the team that SPANKED the Yankees. Riiiiiight? Right.

So. This is a clear case of Spanking By Association. Or the Pythagorean Theorem. Or something. In any case, YANKEES SUCK!

Also, GO SOX

Aw, come on.. I'm an avid Sox fan.. lived through 70's, 80's and 90's pain called fandom.. but you have to admit.. without them in the post season.. it's kind of anticlimactic.. nest pas'

Hillary
10-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Aw, come on.. I'm an avid Sox fan.. lived through 70's, 80's and 90's pain called fandom.. but you have to admit.. without them in the post season.. it's kind of anticlimatic.. nest pas'

SHHHHH!!!! GAH! Don't ruin this for me. I'm trying desperately to find a way to include the Yankees in this.

It IS anticlimactic... And not just because I can't riot in the streets like last time. ;)

Foinah
10-13-2007, 09:00 PM
The only thrill I get from the spanks being out is that the Sox did it...snatched the AL East away from the evil empire. Too bad about Torre, though. He deserves more from Steinbrenner.

Gearing for tonight's game -- case of beer and a pot of chili...mmmm, chili dogs. Maybe some grilled sausage with peppers for that Yawkey way smell...

Hopefully tonight's game will be closer ;) not such a blood-letting.

Anyone know the rule on ground rule doubles if the player pushes the ball into the stands? That play last night should have had another player take home, not be kept to just a double. I thought it was Ump's discretion. Tito should have argued that.

Jongfan
10-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I was disappointed with Sabathia's performance actually. I was looking forward to a close, edge of my seat kind of game. I believe the first inning shook him having barely escaping a line drive to his head. Odd as it sounds close games are much more fun to watch. As for Torre, he is a class act and I think if Steinbrenner lets him go, it will once and for all show how classless an organization the Yankees run.

Foinah
10-13-2007, 11:52 PM
I was disappointed with Sabathia's performance actually. I was looking forward to a close, edge of my seat kind of game. I believe the first inning shook him having barely escaping a line drive to his head. Odd as it sounds close games are much more fun to watch. As for Torre, he is a class act and I think if Steinbrenner lets him go, it will once and for all show how classless an organization the Yankees run.

Too true! I hope Schilling holds it together against Fausto (I love that name!!!). Tonight should be a much better game -- I hope...

Can you imagine Torre at the helm of the Sox? Such a vendetta he would have. I shiver just thinking about it. Tito's contract is up next year? He's been solid so far in the playoffs -- yanking DiceK when he started to implode rather than waiting like he usually does, rocking and chewing sunflower seeds like some savant Gump manager. The future will play out in an odd way. Maybe Torre will retire (he deserves it). While I despise the spanks, Torre is a class act (except for the Pesky banning from the Sox dugout).

Jongfan
10-14-2007, 05:15 AM
I agree, Torre would be a great addition to our team. The man is the best there is as far as managing goes. So far tonights game, though slow, is a bit more exciting to watch.

Jersey Chick
10-14-2007, 05:37 AM
It would kill me to see Torre with the Sox (no offense to any Sox fans), but I have to admit, I'd smile because it would be sweet revenge. The Yanks piss me off too much with their "gotta have XYZ so Boston doesn't get 'em" and they forget about the important little things - like pitching. For Torre to go with Boston would make it a little harder for me to despise Boston (again, no offense intended :)) and I'd hate to see him go but it would serve that idiot Steinbrenner right. It would be just as gratifying to see Mariano Rivera bail because of it as well.

At least, until the Yanks ended up totally in the cellar because of it :D

robeiae
10-14-2007, 05:44 AM
I think Torre is a decent manager, but I think he's a bit overly glorified. I mean, look at the teams he has had. Let me see him do what Mike Scioscia has done. Then, we can talk about how great he is.

Jersey Chick
10-14-2007, 05:57 AM
He's a class act - unfortunately, the teams he's had these past years have been a bit - uh - selfish. The teams of the late 90s were a lot more cohesive, more like a team. Now it's just a bunch of high profile guys who are in it for themselves. Plus, he has King George to contend with - who seems to forget that, without pitching, all of the power hitters in the world aren't going to do you a lick of good.

robeiae
10-14-2007, 06:00 AM
He's a class act--fine. But that doesn't make him the best manager in the bigs. And he's not.

Foinah
10-14-2007, 06:01 AM
This is a much better game tonight!!!

Mike Scioscia has done a good job and I agree that Torre has been glorified. But hey, he's a good manager. I know it's easier when there is enough money to buy the talent to manage (ooh, good play Pedroia!!! typing and game watching at the same time...), though. I seriously doubt the Sox will dump Tito, but stranger things have happened. I don't want to see A-Rod on the Sox either because I know his bat would cool in Boston. Plus I'd always be waiting for a rematch between he and Tek...A-Rod wouldn't fit in the dynamic anyway.

I think Rivera will walk if Torre does.

Okay...I gotta go back to the game (and the Sons of Sam Horn game thread...)

Rant : what's with Fox's preoccupation with the Presidents and that stupid song!!! During the Angels series, I felt the anaheim love from the TBS guys...now I'm trapped with the idiot McCarver and sham-a-lam-ading-dong...it's outta here Joe Buck spoutin' Cleveland love. Bleh! McCarver is the Howard Cosell (sp?) of our age. Idiot speak to the nth degree!

Jersey Chick
10-14-2007, 06:03 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Mariano go. Although, it seems a lot of hitters have him figured out by now and, with his age, I don't think he's as effective as he once was, nor is he quite as intimidating. And, there's also Joba... ;)

Foinah
10-14-2007, 06:04 AM
Wow! Fausto is the king of walks...just like Sabbathia ;) And he's outta there...

ETA: Back to back!!!! Manny and Lowell!!!! Holy crap!!

Jongfan
10-14-2007, 08:11 AM
I agree Scioscia is a great manager. I think there are a lot of great managers without opportunity to manage top rate teams. As a Sox fan, I can appreciate all ballclubs. I just hate to see Torre taking the heat for a team that just didn't play up to their ability.
Foniah is right, without pitching, ya got nothing. We were blessed this year to have some of the best performances by our bullpen. As for Rivera , I love him, he had his time.. but I'll take the intensity of Pappelbon any day. That man brings his all to every game.

Foinah
10-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Well, that sucked. I hate Gagne...he is an ass. In the AW vernacular : a total looser!

Gah!

Foinah
10-19-2007, 05:15 AM
COME ON!!! WHERE ARE THE SOX FANS? WHERE'S THE LOVE?

It's do or die time folks! Seriously! If the Sox can't pull their heads out of their bums then it's over, game over man.

Yeah, I am spazzing out...just a bit...okay a lot...

Jongfan
10-19-2007, 05:19 AM
Don't panic.. all is right with the nation.. Millar did a guest spot just before the game and basically said it all

" It's time to COWBOY UP!!"

Foinah
10-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Haha! I can't wait to hear Lofton's greeting from the Fenway faithful in Boston!

Woot!

I'm calm........

robeiae
10-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Beckett can't pitch every game.

blacbird
10-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Go Blue Jays!

caw

Foinah
10-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Oh how I wish he could...

Go Blue Jays!

caw

Silly bird.

Jongfan
10-22-2007, 08:05 AM
How sweet was that ??????

what an amazing team.. .great game

Hillary
10-22-2007, 08:44 AM
WOO! WOOOOOOOOOO! (Yes, that's about all I can come up with right now.)

P.S. - I'm the biggest Sox fan on the planet so it pains me how cute Grady Sizemore is. I feel like a traitor for wanting to smooch him.

Foinah
10-22-2007, 08:54 AM
YES! What a sweet slam on Lofton. Also a really good game! Way to go, Dusty! Becket as the MVP -- saw that one coming! He'll be ready to pitch game one on wednesday (my birthday! Is that some kind of omen????) and I can hardly wait!

The hubby and I toasted with two shots of Jameson...life is good ;)

Foinah
10-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Now...we face the Rockies.
Any thoughts?

Shadow_Ferret
10-22-2007, 09:19 PM
I thought Beckett was a soccer player that LA just paid big bucks for and who has neither scored nor set American's hearts aflutter for the sport.

Oh wait, that's Beckham, nevermind.

talps
10-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Now...we face the Rockies.
Any thoughts?

My one thought is that we (introduces self as Red Sox nation member) can't think it's in the bag as the Yanks did when they beat us in '03 and moved on to face the Marlins. The Sox have the experience, the tradition, the marquee names, yada yada blah... But that team in Colorado has won 21 of 22 and could care less about the storied Red Sox. If we come out flat like we did in games 3 & 4 of the ALCS, they'll pounce on us.

But if we come out like we did in outscoring Cleveland 30-5 over the last three games... Yeah, that'd make me happy.

astonwest
10-23-2007, 05:19 AM
YES! What a sweet slam on Lofton.It's the curse of Lofton...

Though to be fair, he got robbed on the Manny throw at 2nd...too bad there's not a review process in baseball.

Though he got robbed by his own 3rd base coach later in the game...

Foinah
10-25-2007, 03:58 AM
Okay!!!! Here we go! Game one of the WORLD FRICKIN' SERIES!!!!

Woot!!!!

mscelina
10-25-2007, 04:12 AM
I dunno....the Rockies have one helluva streak going on right now...

Hillary
10-25-2007, 04:41 AM
Aside from having ugly ass uniforms, the Rockies are at a distinct disadvantage because... Wait for it... They are not the Red Sox.

cray
10-25-2007, 05:06 AM
good lord, 3-zip already,..2nd inning.
beckett.

Foinah
10-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Wow. What a blow out. Tomorrow should be a real game...I hope.

Beckett looked sooooo good!!! Even Gagne looked decent. Hmmm. We will see, we will see.

poetinahat
10-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Wow. What a blow out. Tomorrow should be a real game...I hope.
Feh. Give me a grade-A butt-whipping every time.

Er, I mean, I love to see my team win by a lot.

"Watching" this via ESPN Gamecast is all right, but man, I miss live baseball. This game must've been great fun to watch.

Soooo, what happens now that the Rockies finally have lost a game: Do they bounce back, or do they fold?

RLB
10-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Ah, so it's baseball.

(the thread title was completely mystifying for me; carry on)

Foinah
10-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Feh. Give me a grade-A butt-whipping every time.

Er, I mean, I love to see my team win by a lot.

"Watching" this via ESPN Gamecast is all right, but man, I miss live baseball. This game must've been great fun to watch.

Soooo, what happens now that the Rockies finally have lost a game: Do they bounce back, or do they fold?

Well, the rockies had eight days off, eight days to get tight and psyched by Fenway. They got their arses handed to them in their hats. Tomorrow's match up might be a tighter fit. We will see how much run support Schilling gets -- the pitcher tomorrow is supposedly wicked. If the stars are aligned and Dustin's bat stays hot, Papi's wakes up for more than doubles, and Manny's and Lowell's sing an Opus...Oh yeah, baby! It's smack down time.

Ya see, this same thing happened in game one against the Indians -- the Sox dominated and then had a one day break and came back to lose the next few games. This time they play two back-to-back and then fly to Colorado on Friday for a three game stand. Then it's back to Fenway.

An aside : My husband had made dinner reservations for Saturday night to celebrate my birthday. I just looked at him and said, "Ummm, the game will be on."

He said we could watch it in the bar. I didn't like that idea. He changed our reservation to Friday night! Ha! Good man.

Back on point : I say the Sox take it in five.

EriRae
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
WOOHOO!!!! :D

Foinah
10-26-2007, 04:42 AM
I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue....Schill is wobbly tonight!

Keep the faith...

Hillary
10-26-2007, 05:19 AM
*bites nails*

Why haven't we scored?

Jongfan
10-26-2007, 05:26 AM
are you new to Red Sox fandom???? relax.. we have been known for a nailbiter.. come from behind, drama filled game.. wait til the bottom of the ninth, 2 out, full count before you panic.. sheesh.. it's part of the pain that comes with the nation.

Hillary
10-26-2007, 05:35 AM
are you new to Red Sox fandom???? relax.. we have been known for a nailbiter.. come from behind, drama filled game.. wait til the bottom of the ninth, 2 out, full count before you panic.. sheesh.. it's part of the pain that comes with the nation.

NEW TO RED SOX FANDOM? I'm thoroughly insulted. In fact, I may go find the picture of me at my first baseball game (Fenway park, when I was itty bitty, watching The Rocket pitch!) just to make myself feel better.

Jongfan
10-26-2007, 05:39 AM
Sorry Hillary.. wasn't meant to be insulting.. just reminding you of our beloved.. I pm'd you some pics to make you feel better

Foinah
10-26-2007, 06:32 AM
It will all be fine...so what that Tek just left the bases loaded?! Huh? Eh?

I usually don't freal till the seventh...I must say two out rallies in the ninth have almost destroyed my stomach lining.

Game on! Commercial break done....

cray
10-26-2007, 06:36 AM
free tacos?

cripes, that was pathetic

Foinah
10-26-2007, 08:24 AM
free tacos?

cripes, that was pathetic

But you'll still have one, right? Oh yeah.

Way to go, Sox!!!!

talps
10-27-2007, 02:35 AM
Fully excited and can barely focus on the rest of my life. Sad? Loyal? You decide!

I figure I'll just sit here and pace until the first pitch of game three...

Foinah
10-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Holy Crapparoni! What a smack down! Tonight's game had it's moments, but it was a good one.

Lester tomorrow night!

talps
10-28-2007, 09:31 AM
I can't quite remember such a thrilling 10-5 game! Hell of an answer the Sox had in the top of the 8th when the Rockies had all the momentum. The rookies were phenomenal. Dice-K pretty much ripped. Gonna need new carpeting from all the pacing, but who cares - small price to pay!