The World According to Charlie and Mel

Afinerosesheis

The One and Only Romantiac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
This thread has been at two other boards and has met with a tragic demise at both places. I am hoping the third time will be a charm.

This is a thread where you are welcome to just chill out, vent or say hello. It is for gossip or whatever, just as long as you are not cruel here. Charlie isn't a member here with us, but wherever he may be, he is a good friend to me and would be pleased to see this thread reborn. :)

A cooking tip- when making recipes calling for onions, put your whole onion(s) in the freezer about 45 minutes to an hour before cutting them. They will not freeze and this will considerably cut down on the crying. Save your tears for a good book!

~~~Mel

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I thought it was about you Mel too. Hello to you and to the other Mel and Charlie.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I think I hear chamber music in this thread. It is very relaxing.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Did you know you can make salsa with waterMELon? I think it has watermelon, jalapeño, onion and possibly tomato and is called Fire & Ice. Yum.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Mello Yello! I used to love that stuff...

Well, I'm not a Mel, or a Charlie - I'm a Chick, which is close to Chuck, which is another name for Charlie, so that's close enough, right? Right?

Ahem... anyway - I want to say hi because I'm in a good mood. I don't need to vent (yet, gimme about 5 days, when we move. THEN I'll probably have a good head of steam, hee hee). So instead, I will wave :hi:

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I just started a treatment on my big toe. Fungus, that's all I say.

Today is a good day because my husband FINALLY flipped the fridge door. It opened away from the kitchen and the kitchen is very narrow so it was a big pain. NOW it's wonderful!

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
Anything?

Uh, wel... okay. I broke a toe. I hate my toes. I think I'll amputate them all. :D

Ugh, I feel your pain (literally). I stubbed & broke my little toe on my right foot awhile back. Dumbest injury I've ever had by far. Plus, I had no medical insurance at the time, so there was nothing to do for it but let it heal. So I walked around with a hugely swollen toe for a few weeks. Had to either wear sandals or a larger size shoe for about 6 months because the pain wouldn't stop.

It's finally somewhat back to normal, although one pair of my favorite sneakers still doesn't fit quite right.

Afinerosesheis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
What do you guys think about Ellen's dog? I think some celebrities misuse their power to get their way. I don't think Ellen is doing this. I truly felt her pain and frustration over the matter of the dog she gave to her hairdresser-against the shelter rules. Still, I think that evil shelter woman should not deny that dog a good home just to be right. There are always ways to reach a positive compromise.

What do you think?

Afinerosesheis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Skip the nightly news

About every three or four months I'll sit back and take in the nightly news. Now I remember why I don't do it more often. Katie Couric, Brian Williams and the other guy are voices of doom and gloom. Let me think of all the things I learned about tonight that are out to get me:
Staph infections with no cure, Bush spewing idol words of World War III, the ice fields down 23% in just two years, violent weather which is headed in my direction, politicians dueling it out for the race of 08'. Do any of them have any more sense than the current administration? I sure hope so! (MHO)
Our children learning Chinese, lurking perverts, E-Coli outbreaks...That's all I can remember, but it is enough to put the fear in this old gal.

Is it all really so bad as all that? Was it this bad a hundred, two hundred years past. I would certainly think so, the difference is that no one really knew all the bad stuff out in the world unless it affected them directly.
Well, I'm going to skip the nightly news for the next few months. I'm vibrating in my boots just thinking of all I learned in one half hour tonight. Instead, I'll put my time to more valuable pursuits like spending time with family, picking up the phone and calling a long lost friend, or reading a good fiction novel.
To he// with the evening news!