Status
Not open for further replies.

HConn

Whore for genre
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.harryjconnolly.com
I don't like that the new forums automatically mark threads read if I come to the boards but don't necessarily open every thread.

I may have time to visit the Novels forum, but not Office Party. I don't want all the posts in all the forums to be marked read when I haven't visited all the forums.

At least, I'm pretty sure that's what's happening.

And in an unrelated note, here's a recipe for Belgian Waffles.

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm, that's not happening to me, maybe there is a setting somewhere?
I don't know. LOL...wasn't that helpful? I love Belgian Waffles though!

CindyBidar

Has nothing clever to say
Registered
Reaction score
It seems to be a lot more controllable (sp?) if you actually click back through the forums to get out, instead of clicking the back button or the link to the top most forum. So to get out of here and have all the correct read/unread tags intact, I'll click FAQs, then Office Memos, then Water Cooler. Kind of a pain, but it seems to work.

Mark Anderson

Registered
Reaction score
I get the same thing. This is the first time I've entered the FAQ forum, and yet it shows all threads read till the time I logged off.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I tried

I just researched this problem-- a bunch of board owners have been complaining about it, apparently. Here's the answer:

"If you are inactive for longer than the cookie timeout then everything will be marked as read. That is the normal behavior under the current system. A more advanced read marking system is in the works for a future version."

Status
Not open for further replies.