Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
"I have two handsome steers," I did boast,
To Herman and Howie a toast!
They liked gardens, not grass
Were a pain in my a**,
Now they're burgers and steaks and some roast!

:e2cry: Sorry, but I have to do something. The knackerman is here, and it was either try to convince myself of this or sob like a blubbering idiot!! Who the heck cries over a beef cow anyways!! (except that they alway came running to see me to get fed, and liked it when I scratched them behind the ears, and knew their names, and had those big beautiful brown eyes...) I think I want halibut instead.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
We were always forbidden to name the livestock for this very reason. Once it's got a name, it's got a personality, and you think of it more as a pet than as food. And yeah, you can get attached to a beef cow...especially when you raised it from a tiny calf.

Too bad one of them wasn't named Pete, though. Then, when you were getting ready to eat your lovely roast, you could say "Okay, everyone: Eat Pete."

*ducks the tomatoes*

davids

Banned
Reaction score
It is all good in the hood dear mary-as my buddy the Hagster says-Porterhouse anyone?

You know what and how I think-HIC-luv ya Dave

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Now that 'the guy' is done and gone, it's a whole lot easier to deal with. The thing that annoys me the most is I was the one who gave the lecture to everyone else in the house: always remember that the purpose of these critters is to spend the winter in the freezer, so don't get attached! What a dummy I am!

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
We were always forbidden to name the livestock for this very reason. Once it's got a name, it's got a personality, and you think of it more as a pet than as food. And yeah, you can get attached to a beef cow...especially when you raised it from a tiny calf.

Too bad one of them wasn't named Pete, though. Then, when you were getting ready to eat your lovely roast, you could say "Okay, everyone: Eat Pete."

*ducks the tomatoes*

I can think of worse things to name them!!:D

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score

*ducks the tomatoes*

I helped a friend name his chickens once. Stew was delicious.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't even eat a lobster I have to pick out at a restaurant. (No offense, Davids!) I do not want a personal relationship with my main course. :(

Oh, I was gonna say this too!

I can't eat anything that can stare back at me.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I give you so much credit for being able to do this. I've always said I wanted to live on a farm. I know it would be an unreasonable dream unless I want to feed every animal I own and keep it till it falls over from old age. I know I could never eat anything I knew. I love meat as long I never meet it.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I have a rule. Don't eat anything I couldn't kill. Which is why I stick to spiders and bugs. ;)