Is It Bad to Lick the Plate?

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
If no one else is around?

I just finished grilled pork with yummy spicy tomato sauce and cheese and I cannot let that go to waste.

I don't do it in public or anything...

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Go for it. I drink directly out of the juice and tea bottles in the fridge. I always swore I would when I was a grown up :D

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Licking bowls? What an amature! You'll know you've graduated to the big leagues when you can get that last bit of tapioca from the bottom of a pudding cup.;)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you're uncomfortable licking the plate, grab another slice of bread and butter to sop up the rest of the sauce.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
It's one of the joys of living alone :D

(that and drinking milk from the bottle, tv autonomy, taking a bite of cheese then putting it back in the fridge. Also walking about in only undercrackers. Boy I like living alone!)

melaniehoo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I've also mastered getting the last bit of Nutella out of the jar. And that's a wacky-shaped jar!

Our water went out so I technically had a legitimate excuse to lick the dishes. :) It drives my husband crazy so I try to control it in front of him (read: go to the kitchen) because he won't even lick off his fork. ::shakes head::

Voyager

Registered
Reaction score
The Nutella jar? Wow, that's impressive. But I understand, I love Nutella and they don't have real chocolate in Mexico.

melaniehoo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
The Nutella jar? Wow, that's impressive. But I understand, I love Nutella and they don't have real chocolate in Mexico.

Ha, not here at least. We were just looking at the site for a fondue restaurant my hubby worked for years ago in San Jose. Yum.

And I was a mess after the nutella incident. :)

btw, I just posted a mini-rant on your post about Mexico.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Nope, nothing bad about it. Though I don't recommend doing it in resteraunts; everyone stares. :D

Undercrackers? that sounds....uncomfortable....

Voyager

Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* Ibarra is such a tease. But it could be worse, when I stayed in Brazil for six months, we used to eat galletas Maria's and sweetened condensed milk to get our sugar fix. I would have killed for a Hershey Bar, ick.

melaniehoo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com

(that and drinking milk from the bottle, tv autonomy, taking a bite of cheese then putting it back in the fridge. Also walking about in only undercrackers. Boy I like living alone!)

I act like I live alone. I just put shorts on half an hour ago but that's just because the curtain keeps blowing open. It's usually really hot here.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
If you're home alone, you don't even need a plate. Just stand there with a spoon and the saucepan and you're pretty much good to go.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
Go on and lick the plate, the bowl, the beaters, the cups ... just don't lick the frying or roasting pan until it's cooled down.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
If no one else is around?
I lick anything worth licking, so go for it. :D

... washing clothes, dishes, going grocery shopping, and waking up whenever you want. Your alcoholic beverage choices. Listen to music you like and movies you enjoy. Full access to the remote control. Still have privacy with the washroom door opened. Walk around naked. Geez, the list goes on. Sometimes, Life is Good. Thanks for the reminder, Ben. ;)

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
I lick anything worth licking, so go for it. :D

... washing clothes, dishes, going grocery shopping, and waking up whenever you want. Your alcoholic beverage choices. Listen to music you like and movies you enjoy. Full access to the remote control. Still have privacy with the washroom door opened. Walk around naked. Geez, the list goes on. Sometimes, Life is Good. Thanks for the reminder, Ben. ;)

yea but think about the pervs out there,.....sure, tot, your neighbors with telescopes are thrilled but ben's,....not so much!
:D

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
yea but think about the pervs out there,.....sure, tot, your neighbors with telescopes are thrilled but ben's,....not so much!
:D
LOL! I'm sure Ben's physique turns someone on. Just kidding Ben.

Ooooh, we can also bring home anyone we want without any conflict or disruption. *ponders this idea* It's been awhile since I've found a stray. :D

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
DEMANDS YOU SEND NUTELLA!!

I can't find it here.

Okay look I lick the dang plate..when at home....and I DON'T care who sees me!
Mostly its just me and the hubbs and the furry children when this happens though.
And then me and the furry children are fighting over it!

I am bad about licking the cooked, runny, yellow egg yolks off a plate.....YUM!!

Voyager

Registered
Reaction score
No tortillas??? What do you use instead. Certainly not *gasp* a spoon? Heathen ;)