PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing for Nano?

Chicken Warrior
10-10-2007, 02:08 AM
I'm going to be crazy busy and Nano will be stupid, but I'm going to do it anyways. I think I know what book I'm doing, too, but I kind of want to do something very different from my WIP and this next project is kind of close.

I know what a few of you are planning, but give us a title, brief synopsis, etc. I think it's neat how many folks are into it this year.

TheIT
10-10-2007, 02:09 AM
There's already a thread like this down in the NaNoWriMo subforum under the Writing Exercises, Prompts, and Games forum.

Good luck with NaNo!

TrishD
10-10-2007, 02:14 AM
I'm going to assume you created the thread for YA writers, Chicken Warrior... so I will answer :)

I am doing a sort-of sequel to Unbecoming called Uncommon. It features a secondary character, Helen (AKA Hell) from the first book as MC. She's a punk who lives in a squat on the Lower East Side, but one day gets a visit from a guidance counselor from a Boston private school, offering her a scholarship.

Most of the characters from Unbecoming come into play in Uncommon, but it's told from Hell's POV, rather than Jacey's. I've already started it, so don't tell the NaNo folks. ;)

Or, I may start a new project that I'm keeping under my hat awhile longer.

goatprincess
10-10-2007, 02:21 AM
Here are my possibilities. I can't do them justice in a description until I've at least started writing them, but here are the working titles and type/genre:

Jake MacCool (paranormal realism/urban fantasy)
Slipstream Sisters (contemporary)

bethany
10-10-2007, 02:34 AM
Gosh, I've never done nano before, though I did write Handcuffs in 6 weeks, but I hopelessly snarled up the plot and had a problem-glut, and since plotting is not my strength, I try to go slower and not screw my stuff up so bad.

However, I have been revising for months, two different manuscripts, (along with teaching a new grade and having no writing time for anything besides the revisions)and I would love to do something creative. So I might try to throw together a manuscript....

the companion to my current wip that will be going to editors soon
or a MG idea that I thought of last summer

I think I can, I think I can.....

roskoebaby
10-10-2007, 02:50 AM
My problem is I write TOO fast. Then I get tortured slowly and painfully by revisions. My book will be, THE GHOST OF GRANNY LEONE. My MC is haunted by her judgmental Sicilian grandmother who insists on trying to hook her up with a nice Italian boy. Yuck! Granny Leone's powerful last words on her death bed? Keep...your...legs...closed.

The possibilities are endless. :)

Hapax Legomenon
10-10-2007, 02:52 AM
My book will probably be "Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf?" or some other title like that. It's some kind of ripoff of the whole 7 Samurai plot that's been used 2938423 times with a new ensemble of 7 and a lot of meta and probably a lot of world destruction. Oh, and zombies. There will be zombies.

So... yeah.

Sage
10-10-2007, 03:04 AM
I was planning to do DownLoad, but haven't been excited about it. But while I was rereading Euniq to remember Strymon's speech patterns, I read the first scene with Alatyr. I was going to write a story for him/her, & put it aside for AFTRLYF, but now I'm thinking about how much I love Alatyr & maybe I'll do that.

Chicken Warrior
10-10-2007, 03:17 AM
Okay, Sage, that's Greeky to me, but it sounds like you all have some awesome ideas, as usual. I think I'm going to do a brand new book, third person, about...well, I don't even want to tell you. It's too good. (Actually not but I'm paranoid).

And just to confirm, yeah, this is for the YA groupie, cuz we tend to be recluses everywhere else. :D

OverTheHills&FarAway
10-10-2007, 07:31 AM
I am SO doing the comic-con story.

Or the hotel that eats people story.

Or....just continue to write Julian and edit Blanco Brothers.

Whatever

Southern_girl29
10-10-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm not going to officially do Nano this year. I'm hoping to start work on what I'm tentatively calling Ghostly Secrets on Monday. I'm in the outlining and plotting stages now.

I know I can do it, because I wrote Psychic Straits in a month and four days. I might use Nano to finish up Ghostly Secrets, though.

Chicken Warrior
10-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Okay, been thinking about this and I know what I'm doing. My first novel with multiple POVs, and I'm going to make four different blogs, just to get in the mood. I'm psyched.

Except everyone will be like: You're supposed to be writing 2000 words a day and you're blogging?! :D Actually, I'm not sure anyone here would know a blog if it blogged them in the head.

EDIT: By here, I mean my house, not AW ;)