Not open for further replies.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
I need a way to get me jumpstarted on my goals again. I've just been coasting along doing very little.

So....

Does anyone want to voluteer to ask me tomorrow if I got 5 pages written? Or 3? Or any?

Around 10:00 pm Central time would be good. *s*

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
A reminder

You better be working on them right now, Jen. Don't be procrastinating like me...lol I'm gonna check back around 10. You better have them done.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
sthrnwriter said:
You better be working on them right now, Jen. Don't be procrastinating like me...lol I'm gonna check back around 10. You better have them done.
I have two lines written longhand. Hey, that's better than nothing. lol.

And doncha know? I'm the Procrastination Queen. :)

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
I figure what with the transcription I also did yesterday, I did good to get the four pages. I've got to find a way to get rid of the mind-mushyness that comes after a full day of transcription.

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Jyndral,

Have you ever tried Morning Pages? There's a book called The Artists Way that really promotes them as fantastic tools for writers (I must admit I've read nothing beyond the paragraphs about the Morning Pages).

Anyway, the idea is to writer x number of pages the very first thing when you wake up. Before coffee, before turning on the computer, before transcriptions, before anything. It's easier said than done, but I've been doing it for about two months now and nothing bugs me more than NOT writing them!

I highly recommend giving it a try.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
RoseReifsnyder said:
Have you ever tried Morning Pages? There's a book called The Artists Way that really promotes them as fantastic tools for writers (I must admit I've read nothing beyond the paragraphs about the Morning Pages).

I did morning pages for a little over a year. They had the opposite effect on me, I think. Instead of making it where I could write, it got me into the mindset of "Well, I did my three pages. I'm done with writing for the day."

It wasn't conscious. But that's what it did for me. So I quit doing morning pages. It works for some people, I'll grant that. But apparently I'm not one of them.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
well Jen if you need someone to check you status on a daily basis, I don't mind doing it. I know how hard it can be to motivate yourself to write everyday.

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
jyndral said:
I did morning pages for a little over a year. ... it got me into the mindset of "Well, I did my three pages. I'm done with writing for the day."
QUOTE]

What a bummer. Hopefully you'll find the motivation you need...maybe sthrnwriter will have you writing 50 pages a day! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Rose

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
In the interest of making my workspace more writing-friendly, by the first of the month, I will no longer be doing transcription from home. Everything related to that will be moved to my Mom's office, where I will also work. (At least until I can finally make a complete break from transcription - ultimate goal!)

I'm hoping that will make a difference.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Melina said:
So, Jen-

Any new words today? How many pages? Let us know how it's going!

Melina

Well...

Truthfully, none so far today. I ended up having to help Mom out & work with her so I only got to get some sketchy notes done. Haven't been home long enough to do anything with them yet.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
sthrnwriter said:
Ok I know I'm checking in later than I said I would but I hope you wrote some today. So did you?

Only half a page. :(

My back was bothering me again so I shut everything down earlier than usual and called it a night. I fell at the first of January, I am SO not used to something take this long to get well.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
jyndral said:
Only half a page. :(

My back was bothering me again so I shut everything down earlier than usual and called it a night. I fell at the first of January, I am SO not used to something take this long to get well.

Sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better soon. :)

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
sthrnwriter said:
Sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better soon. :)
Thanks. :)

It's been tolerable today so far, so I've done the transcription I needed to get done/finished. I'm caught up enough that I can take the rest of the day off for "President's Day" and hopefully get some writing done.

Lunch is first on the agenda though.

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Jen, I've got the same problem so I'm going get my arse in gear and start writing in 22 minutes (7pm.) Barring a half-hour break for dinner, I'm going to carry on writing until I can't keep my eyes open.

I don't know how much I'm going to get done, but whatever it is, I'm going to check up on you tomorrow morning and I expect you to have done more.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Well Jen, it looks like you have two people here who is gonna make sure you stay motivated. Hopefully you were able to get some writing done today, you and threeseven. I was able to write 2000 words today so i'm pleased with myself. Now it's your turn.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:TheWave::PartySmil

NOW HEAR THIS....GET BUSY...YOU LAZY BUTT.........THE WALLS HAVE EYES...

:Cheer: :Cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.