PDA

View Full Version : Ye who enter here, abandon all hope!!

Sunkissed27f
10-09-2007, 06:41 AM
I have been writing on a new WIP, for the last week, the idea came gracefully and quietly to my head one day and I began writing it. At 3,500 words it has decided to leave me. Not entirely, mind, but just enough to make me aggravated. I wouldn't call it writers block per say. I can tell you that another voice is shouting to be heard.

In my old WIPs place, a story so compelling, so riveting, so....okay I can't write like that. It was an idea for a young adult/children's novel.

Let's just say the idea hit me like a bat to the head and I was flooded with a title.....all in a matter of seconds.....a plot, characters, a driven purpose. Yadda, yadda, yadda!
(All while brushing my teeth in the bathroom, no less.)

I have never thought of writing children's books. I enjoy reading them along with many other genre's, but to actually write them!?! I don't know.

I think I may have gotten in over my head on this one.
*scrambles for all the information she can get her hands on*

How can I pass up an idea that hits me so strongly, it's like I have to write it?

writerterri
10-09-2007, 06:46 AM
Your write brain's taking a short break. When it returns it'll let you know. Don't force it, let it do its thang.

Patience.

Angie
10-09-2007, 06:47 AM
I think you should ask Terri's kid for advice. ;)

writerterri
10-09-2007, 06:49 AM
She said if you can't fix it, duct it.

Sunkissed27f
10-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Terri's kid?

I'm scared to know!

writerterri
10-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Clue: s-i-g-n-a-t-u-r-e, o-r-a-n-g-e, d-o-r-k

Angie
10-09-2007, 06:53 AM
She said if you can't fix it, duct it.

See? Brilliant. :D

writerterri
10-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Duct tape always fixes my mss. Oh, and my kids.

Sunkissed27f
10-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Sigh....I saw the siggy awhile back.
pfffttt :tongue

It was supposed to be a funny...as in ask her kid...s-c-a-r-y...dork!

Btw...I can't find your Ch. 1....link please?

writerterri
10-09-2007, 07:16 AM
:ROFL:I'm so dorky.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58435

Sunkissed27f
10-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Thanks....that's a great memoir.
I don't know what to say, to not come off the wrong way.
I guess the thing is you drew me in and I want to know the rest of the story.
I know it will be even more horrid, but it's like you can't stop reading...you want to know what happens next...knowing you will read things you don't want to and hoping all the while it gets better for that poor little child!

ETA: When to expect Ch. 3?

writerterri
10-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Thanks....that's a great memoir.
I don't know what to say, to not come off the wrong way.
I guess the thing is you drew me in and I want to know the rest of the story.
I know it will be even more horrid, but it's like you can't stop reading...you want to know what happens next...knowing you will read things you don't want to and hoping all the while it gets better for that poor little child!

ETA: When to expect Ch. 3?

Unfortunatly it gets worse and worse and I endured it for 15 years. I have about 15 perpatrators and my dad did the ultamate deed in the end. You'll have to wait though. :D

I know what you mean. I love real life stories.

Thanks!

writerterri
10-09-2007, 07:40 AM
I have to review my notes and prepare for ch. 3. Perhaps it'll be a couple of months. I'll let you know.

Sunkissed27f
10-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Good...I look forward to reading it.

I hope it will be therapeutic for you.

NeuroFizz
10-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Pick one. Finish it. Move on to the other.

PeeDee
10-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Speaking as someone who has, many times, been hit in the head by a low-flying bat, the feeling that usually garners is confusion, panic, shouting, and an increasing concern that your hair has been gone to the toilet on, followed by embarrassment when you realize no one saw the bat but you.

writerterri
10-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Speaking as someone who has, many times, been hit in the head by a low-flying bat, the feeling that usually garners is confusion, panic, shouting, and an increasing concern that your hair has been gone to the toilet on, followed by embarrassment when you realize no one saw the bat but you.

INCOMING!