PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Men Torture Women with their Odd, Critical or Snide Comments?

rhymegirl
10-09-2007, 01:56 AM
Discuss.

scarletpeaches
10-09-2007, 01:57 AM
Because it works both ways?

writerterri
Cause they smell so good and can get away with it.

JoNightshade
I thought it was women who...

davids
10-09-2007, 01:59 AM
I do? News to me-seems like I am always getting PM'd by lovely ladies in distressificatious situations. It is always a joy for me to help and sometimes I even do so I do not understand this generalization since I have been told I am all man in the most bestestest way-signed elderly confusicated lobster!!!

joyce
10-09-2007, 02:01 AM
My husband always tells me when he makes stupid comments to me because he loves me. What a sick love we must have.

JLCwrites
10-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Just pat them on the head and say "there there, now go get me my glass of wine!"

rhymegirl
10-09-2007, 02:02 AM
I do? News to me-seems like I am always getting PM'd by lovely ladies in distressificatious situations. It is always a joy for me to help and sometimes I even do so I do not understand this generalization since I have been told I am all man in the most bestestest way-signed elderly confusicated lobster!!!

Okay, you are the exception.

But I know somebody else who is guilty of the thread title.

writerterri
10-09-2007, 02:03 AM
Are we allowing men in here?

Who's got butter?

scarletpeaches
It's not just men who do that. Women do too.

But whoever does it, it's because of something wrong in them, not something wrong in the person they're speaking to.

davids
Okay, you are the exception.

But I know somebody else who is guilty of the thread title.

Thank you I feel betterer now!!!! If you let me know I will mangle him to deathificatory repose-I know you wont buy I am a killer don't cha know???!!!!

davids
10-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Are we allowing men in here?

Who's got butter?

I feel SO SO CRUSHED!!!!

rhymegirl
10-09-2007, 02:05 AM
Thank you I feel betterer now!!!! If you let me know I will mangle him to deathificatory repose-I know you wont buy I am a killer don't cha know???!!!!

Well, you better not or else I'll end up a widow.

JLCwrites
10-09-2007, 02:06 AM

I agree.

Yes, there are plenty of Neanderthals out there, but if you look really hard, you can find the good ones too. Including my hunky hubby. He always treats me with respect, and values my point of view on any subject. :)

writerterri
10-09-2007, 02:07 AM
I feel SO SO CRUSHED!!!!

Are you cooked?

Sunkissed27f
10-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Ellos son todo pendejos y deben ser dominados!

ETA: Guys lack a filter between their brains and their mouths or in some cases fingers.
I think it's a penile problem.

davids
10-09-2007, 02:10 AM
I agree, there are some real sweeties out there. Including my hunky hubby. He always treats me with respect, and values my point of view on any subject.

Yes, there are plenty of Neanderthals out there, but if you look really hard, you can find the good ones too. :)

Yup and there are a hell of a lot of great ladies around and here as well-luv the slightly broiled with Garlic sauce and a fine Chardoneighbor

davids
10-09-2007, 02:11 AM
Well, you better not or else I'll end up a widow.

Well darlin if you keep up the sport you will be able to handle your own recriminations!!

melaniehoo
10-09-2007, 02:11 AM
My husband always tells me when he makes stupid comments to me because he loves me. What a sick love we must have.

Is there a manual somewhere that gives them this line? ;)

Take it back!

ETA: Guys lack a filter between their brains and their mouths or in some cases fingers.

Ok, that's better.

davids
10-09-2007, 02:12 AM

Would that be a hasty generalization or one gleenipated over years of hard practice and search?

davids
10-09-2007, 02:13 AM
Not today darling I have a headache and even though you only need thirty seconds-well maybe tomorrow?

joetrain
10-09-2007, 02:15 AM

this is probably true.

btw, you all look lovely this evening (yes, you too davids). chardonnay? pinot noir? anybody?

Sunkissed27f
10-09-2007, 02:16 AM
I take it back!!

LOL.

Hmmm...I think men ask themselves those same questions about women.
So, I think it's mutual.
I know I can be a real pain, I am not in denial!

davids
10-09-2007, 02:21 AM
I take it back!!

LOL.

Hmmm...I think men ask themselves those same questions about women.
So, I think it's mutual.
I know I can be a real pain, I am not in denial!

Plus you are a lovely, honest, and quite charming human being! You see if I was the pig that all men are I would say something like-my god that picture in your profile is that you? You are incredibly beautiful and have a great smile and sparkly bright eyes. Thank the Lord of Macho I cannot either see or feel beyond my pringy thingy!!!!!

rhymegirl
10-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Well darlin if you keep up the sport you will be able to handle your own recriminations!!

So, you're saying I should beat him up myself?

Siddow
10-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Q: Why Do Men Torture Women with their Odd, Critical or Snide Comments?

A: Because their mothers didn't love them enough, they got picked on in grade school, and they have short, thin penises.

davids
10-09-2007, 02:59 AM
So, you're saying I should beat him up myself?

Well I am against violence-er-um-hell why not and yup!!!! Of course being a woman of great intellect and high moral standing you could probably rip him to shreads with your mind-that is of course and this is the problem-if he is in fact capable of understanding what you are saying and who has in fact been pooping in the buckwheat.

Sunkissed27f
10-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Plus you are a lovely, honest, and quite charming human being! You see if I was the pig that all men are I would say something like-my god that picture in your profile is that you? You are incredibly beautiful and have a great smile and sparkly bright eyes. Thank the Lord of Macho I cannot either see or feel beyond my pringy thingy!!!!!

*Blush*

I think I'm supposed to say thank you, right?

davids
10-09-2007, 03:13 AM
*Blush*

I think I'm supposed to say thank you, right?

If you do of course I offer you a polite and honest-you are so very welcome!

Rolling Thunder
10-09-2007, 03:21 AM
Jeez. I didn't even *DO* anything wrong today. So, who's in trouble, RG?

WendyNYC
10-09-2007, 03:28 AM
To be completely honest, that sounds much more like something *I* would do rather than my husband. He's a pretty good guy. Now, what does that say about *me*?

Nevermind, maybe I don't want to know....

Angie
10-09-2007, 03:29 AM
My ex did the same thing. Emphasis on "ex".

I think guys who do this are compensating for something. I'll let you work out what, exactly.

ETA: Everyone does it now and then. But some people can't seem to open their mouths without something nasty coming out. And, like others have said, there are a lot of women who are just as guilty as guys.

joyce
10-09-2007, 03:29 AM
Is there a manual somewhere that gives them this line? ;)

My husband was listening to my girlfriend the other week bitching about her husband. No matter what she did for the past week, it seemed like he was downing her. She wanted to hear something nice. My husband, with his witty charm, tells us if her husband did so he would be breaking the "code". We cracked up laughing. Somehow we knew he was probably being somewhat honest. All my friends have always figured there was a "Manly Manual" men are brought up on. Like the invisible secret bible for men only.

Years back a couple of friends and I were chatting in my kitchen. The moon was full and most of our men seemed to be on the rag. Each saying similar snide remarks to us, making us feel bad. My daughter who was around 6 at the time, walks in and calmly says "that's from page 23 of the Manly Manual". We all cracked up. Seems we'd been joking about the Manly Manual and on what page you could find a particular statement on for so long, it was embedded in my daughters mind. She's now 23 and still refers to the manual, passing its existance onto her girlfriends. I just have to laugh.

Yes, I think men have a secret society manual that they all use. That's why so many of us hear the same lines. Some are more addicted to its use than others, but it's there.........I just know it.

Voyager
10-09-2007, 03:30 AM
It's called Testosterone Tourette's, there is no cure. Just...hug em, really really tight.

Sunkissed27f
10-09-2007, 04:15 AM
If you do of course I offer you a polite and honest-you are so very welcome!

Thank you. :)

Manly Manuel?

Where might I find such?
I have searched the WHOLE house!

ETA: Yes I know I spelled that wrong. ;)

davids
10-09-2007, 04:31 AM
Thank you. :)

Manly Manuel?

Where might I find such?
I have searched the WHOLE house!

ETA: Yes I know I spelled that wrong. ;)

Someone quite wise once said that once the search is over and can be given up that the quest is almost always answered!!

Sunkissed27f
10-09-2007, 04:37 AM
Hmmm...then I shall 'give up.'

davids
10-09-2007, 04:39 AM
Hmmm...then I shall 'give up.'

I rejoice in yer choice!!!! Hey dat's a short poem aint it?

Sunkissed27f
10-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Haha...that 'tis is!

Carole
10-09-2007, 05:43 AM
When Mr. Vagabond and I first got together, he "pre-apologized" for all the "stupid stuff" he'd say over the years. I swear, he really did do this.

He tells me that it's not because he is being insensitive, it's because (in his words, not mine) "Guys are cavemen. We have no tact and even less sense."

rhymegirl
10-09-2007, 05:45 AM
He tells me that it's not because he is being insensitive, it's because (in his words, not mine) "Guys are cavemen. We have no tact and even less sense."

Ha ha! I like that, Carole.

"You Tarzan, Me Jane" comes to mind.

melaniehoo
10-09-2007, 05:46 AM
Yes, I think men have a secret society manual that they all use. That's why so many of us hear the same lines. Some are more addicted to its use than others, but it's there.........I just know it.

It's called Testosterone Tourette's, there is no cure. Just...hug em, really really tight.

My husband has a tendancy to take whatever side is opposite of mine (fight at work, annoying sales clerk, whatever) so I tell him he's supposed to support ME, not the person who pissed me off! When he gets out of hand (not too often) I remind him that we're on the same team and he's supposed to be nice to me. That usually snaps him back on track.

louisgodwin
10-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Guys lack a filter between their brains and their mouths or in some cases fingers.

I don't know about all men, but this certainly explains me.

Stew21
10-09-2007, 10:39 AM
eh, not all men, and not only men. It's why some people torture other people with odd, critical or snide comments.

Because it is in their nature to do so. :)

dpaterso
10-09-2007, 11:20 AM
eh, not all men, and not only men. It's why some people torture other people with odd, critial or snide comments.
"critial"? What's the matter little girlie, nobody teach ya how to spell? Too busy daydreaming about being a pampered pink-ribboned princess living in a fairytale castle among the clouds to pay attention in class, huh?

Because it is in their nature to do so. :)
Wha--? Whoa there, now hold on just one minute, in whose nature, what? Just, just get back in the kitchen and wash some dishes, dammit! I will not tolerate such insults!

-Derek

Stew21
10-09-2007, 11:29 AM
"critial"? What's the matter little girlie, nobody teach ya how to spell? Too busy daydreaming about being a pampered pink-ribboned princess living in a fairytale castle among the clouds to pay attention in class, huh?

Wha--? Whoa there, now hold on just one minute, in whose nature, what? Just, just get back in the kitchen and wash some dishes, dammit! I will not tolerate such insults!

-Derek

Derek of the "only three dots in an ellipse, silly woman".

How'd I guess.

I love you too. And this time please don't smack me on the ass on my way to the kitchen. It really does not make me want to get you a beer any more than I already want to get it for you. I'm not going out on the playing field, there, coach. A pat on the ass isn't the Push I need to get the job done. Just ask for a beer next time, k.

Thanks, <wink>

Trish, tends to typo at two twenty eight a.m.

Stew21
10-09-2007, 11:31 AM
typo corrected, basta master.

dpaterso
10-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey this beer is lukewarm.

Take off that apron and dance for me.

Smack you on the ass? Never. Kiss it, maybe.

-Derek

Unique
10-09-2007, 02:12 PM
words like razors defend the heart
against the power of fear

generated by love.

or in other words - if I smack you first it won't hurt as much when you smack me later.

Offense as defense.

(with a good dash of stupidity throw in)

I'm kidding. WTF do I know about it? Nada.

Bmwhtly
10-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Why Do Men Torture Women with their Odd, Critical or Snide Comments?
Because we're stupid and evil and everything is our fault.

Why do women do it?