does this count as romance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco82

Registered
Reaction score
reputation_pos.gif

does this cover romance?
I wrote this on another thread. I'm writing a piece of Hollywood fiction that has romance involved, quite a bit in fact. Could this be considered romance? I'm not sure if you could compare it too Collins, but since it does cover the roamnces in this guys life couldn't you categorize this somehow? There's a RWA chapter in my town and it'd really be helpful if I could get that support.
user_online.gif

Kate StAmour

Woooo Chaaaa!
Registered
Reaction score
Basic Quantum Physics: None of us are really here
Website
katestamour.com
Coco82 said:
reputation_pos.gif

does this cover romance?
I wrote this on another thread. I'm writing a piece of Hollywood fiction that has romance involved, quite a bit in fact. Could this be considered romance? I'm not sure if you could compare it too Collins, but since it does cover the roamnces in this guys life couldn't you categorize this somehow? There's a RWA chapter in my town and it'd really be helpful if I could get that support.
user_online.gif

If the main theme is romace; if the entire story is woven around the connection between the characters, then I would say it is romance. A commonality between all great romance novels, even cross-genre, is the relationship between the characters.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Gone with the Wind has a romance in it, but it'd hardly be considered "romance." You need to look at the central theme and story thread. If it's mainly a story about the the relationship between two people, and it has a happy ending (that they get together), you may consider it romance. I just read an interview of a few romance authors in the papers. They say there are many variations, set in old times or urban settings, etc. but the common theme must be there "boy meets girl" and the ending must be "boy gets girl." (or girl/boy or girl/girl or boy/boy -- you get the idea).

Status
Not open for further replies.