nano site

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
It's always like this at the start. They'll get it running smoothly, then it will crash, again and again and again.

Expect another big delay the first week of November, too.

And don't install anything. Just be patient. I'm itching to get into my regional lounge. I can see there's more members than last year, but finding out who they are will have to wait. Sigh.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
Yep, I haven't been able to get on this morning, either.

I thought I read that they would be adding a server at the end of the month to help with the surge at the beginning of Nov, but if it's already moving like a snail, I'm not real excited about the accessibility of the boards next month either....

That's OK. I'll probably be spending more time here in this section than over there, anyhoo.

Vorteil

lost in the mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm fairly...concerned, about November. I don't think it's traffic that's making it like this though; there were about 300 people on early this morning and it was barely working. I don't remember it being this bad last year.

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, they did say they're trying out a new server for the forum or something like that, so I guess that could be the problem. It's getting a bit better for me, though.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I didn't have hardly any problems with the site until yesterday. I waited 45 minutes trying to get into the forums, but gave up in the end. Good thing I'm a patient person.

GeorgieB

Almost a wannabe writer
Registered
Reaction score
The NaNo site has been up and down since it was opened on Oct 1. Yesterday there was a brief period where the response time was amazingly (for them) fast. But, this morning...no response at all.

I would guess (being a retired computer engineer who worked on large server and data base systems) that they've been resetting the server software (witness the fact that you have to sign in even if you've poked the button that says to "remember me") and perhaps have already added the server they said would be added at the end of this month.

It'll get better. In the meantime, get hoppin' on your outline, plot line, character studies. Lay in your supply of caffeine, scotch, wine, chocolate or whatever you need to whack your muse.

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
The last three or four hours for me have been much, much faster - perhaps 5 seconds for a page load. Sure, it could be faster, but I've still been much happier with it.

It wasn't like this any other day at the same time, so I don't think it's a time zone issue.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I left a note in the tech thread named "slow" something saying they really need to lease some extra servers for October and November. This is just ridiculus and inexcusable...

Hmm, what other bad names could I get away with calling the people who run nano...

Ali B

Just Hanging Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alinabradford.com
Yah, it is sooo slow for me. Takes about five minuets to open a page. You'd would have thought they would have gotten these glitches out of the way last month before the flood of visiters started.