NaBloPoMo Again Already!

Jessi

Registered
Reaction score
Alright, so who's already signed up for this year? Who plans on signing up, but didn't realize it was already open? Who didn't realize it was even that time of year yet? Who loves the event, but isn't going to join in the fun? And who doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about? :tongue

http://nablopomo.ning.com/

TaliaDownUnder

Registered
Reaction score
<<And who doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about? >>

Yeah, that'd be me ;-) Anyhow, I read the site and I think I'm game for it! It will be a very busy, crazy month and I'm more than willing to bet there will be days that I simply can't blog, but I'll give it a go anyhow.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Then you look at the calendar, and when the whole world goes, "Oh, I can't believe they're already playing Christmas music in the warden's office!" you'll know it's November and that is the month in which you post something to your blog every day, in accordance with the National Blog Posting Month challenge!

...Or simply use NaBloPoMo as a writing exercise, as an easier-to-accomplish alternative to the marathon that inspired it: National Novel Writing Month.
So, it's the SAME MONTH as nanowrimo, rather than October, which might make it a decent practice month to wind up to the full demands of nanowrimo.

Maybe I'll post a rant blog about this thing in every remaining day in the month of October...

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
30 days in a row... seems like you either can post short blurbs every day or content every couple of days... I don't think I could come up with anything useful to say every day but that is just me and the topics I blog on.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Oh, hell yeah, joined. This year I want to manage and get through bloody November doing both challenges and succeeding :D

Jessi

Registered
Reaction score
So, it's the SAME MONTH as nanowrimo, rather than October, which might make it a decent practice month to wind up to the full demands of nanowrimo.

Maybe I'll post a rant blog about this thing in every remaining day in the month of October...

Yep, lots of people use it for other "write such and such for 30 days" events. It's tons of fun, no matter how you use it or what you write.

CatMuse said:
I launched a new blog just for NaBloPoMo. :)

It will be a "tarot card a day" blog, which guarantees me new material every day. I will also be offering online readings, to see how it goes.

I don't think I'd have enough content on my other blog to do it every day.

http://missmichelestarot.blogspot.com/

That's an awesome idea!

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
I signed up and thought I posted that I did here but I apparently didn't. Anyhoo, I'll be doing NaNoWriMo as well.

:eek:

nancy02664

Baby Name Maniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancy.cc
Just bumping this up as a last-minute reminder for anyone who hasn't joined yet (but may want to)...

Jessi

Registered
Reaction score
So we're down to the final few days. Who stuck with it?

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
I did, Jessi. I've blogged every day for the past three months.

Gad.

:banana:

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
I've managed to post very day on both blogs despite getting ill - am feeling a bit smug which porbably means I'm oging to get my comeuppance :).

And I've been so bad about visiting, Gillian. I'll get there today, by golly!

:e2cat::banana: