PDA

View Full Version : NaBloPoMo Again Already!

Jessi
10-06-2007, 05:13 AM
Alright, so who's already signed up for this year? Who plans on signing up, but didn't realize it was already open? Who didn't realize it was even that time of year yet? Who loves the event, but isn't going to join in the fun? And who doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about? :tongue

http://nablopomo.ning.com/

TaliaDownUnder
10-06-2007, 06:35 AM
<<And who doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about? >>

Yeah, that'd be me ;-) Anyhow, I read the site and I think I'm game for it! It will be a very busy, crazy month and I'm more than willing to bet there will be days that I simply can't blog, but I'll give it a go anyhow.

benbradley
10-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Then you look at the calendar, and when the whole world goes, "Oh, I can't believe they're already playing Christmas music in the warden's office!" you'll know it's November and that is the month in which you post something to your blog every day, in accordance with the National Blog Posting Month challenge!

...Or simply use NaBloPoMo as a writing exercise, as an easier-to-accomplish alternative to the marathon that inspired it: National Novel Writing Month.
So, it's the SAME MONTH as nanowrimo, rather than October, which might make it a decent practice month to wind up to the full demands of nanowrimo.

Maybe I'll post a rant blog about this thing in every remaining day in the month of October...

flashgordon
10-07-2007, 07:38 PM
30 days in a row... seems like you either can post short blurbs every day or content every couple of days... I don't think I could come up with anything useful to say every day but that is just me and the topics I blog on.

CatMuse33
10-08-2007, 12:55 AM
I launched a new blog just for NaBloPoMo. :)

It will be a "tarot card a day" blog, which guarantees me new material every day. I will also be offering online readings, to see how it goes.

I don't think I'd have enough content on my other blog to do it every day.

http://missmichelestarot.blogspot.com/

Forbidden Snowflake
10-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Oh, hell yeah, joined. This year I want to manage and get through bloody November doing both challenges and succeeding :D

Jessi
10-11-2007, 08:17 AM
So, it's the SAME MONTH as nanowrimo, rather than October, which might make it a decent practice month to wind up to the full demands of nanowrimo.

Maybe I'll post a rant blog about this thing in every remaining day in the month of October...

Yep, lots of people use it for other "write such and such for 30 days" events. It's tons of fun, no matter how you use it or what you write.

I launched a new blog just for NaBloPoMo. :)

It will be a "tarot card a day" blog, which guarantees me new material every day. I will also be offering online readings, to see how it goes.

I don't think I'd have enough content on my other blog to do it every day.

http://missmichelestarot.blogspot.com/

That's an awesome idea!

Gillian
10-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm signed up - some friends suggested it and I decided to slavishly follow their lead :). I'm
http://nablopomo.ning.com/profile/GillianP

valeenc
10-23-2007, 08:21 AM
I signed up and thought I posted that I did here but I apparently didn't. Anyhoo, I'll be doing NaNoWriMo as well.

:o

nancy02664
10-24-2007, 03:40 AM
I had no idea this even existed. :) I'll be signing up...

nancy02664
10-30-2007, 06:49 AM
Just bumping this up as a last-minute reminder for anyone who hasn't joined yet (but may want to)...

Jessi
10-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Just bumping this up as a last-minute reminder for anyone who hasn't joined yet (but may want to)...

Thank you! People are really starting to get excited, hehe.

wordsmith
11-01-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm in :)
I'll be posting on my regular blog and my nablopomo blog.

Jessi
11-27-2007, 11:41 PM
So we're down to the final few days. Who stuck with it?

valeenc
11-28-2007, 04:12 AM
I did, Jessi. I've blogged every day for the past three months.

Gad.

:banana:

Gillian
11-28-2007, 12:55 PM
I've managed to post very day on both blogs despite getting ill - am feeling a bit smug which porbably means I'm oging to get my comeuppance :).

valeenc
11-28-2007, 01:20 PM
I've managed to post very day on both blogs despite getting ill - am feeling a bit smug which porbably means I'm oging to get my comeuppance :).

And I've been so bad about visiting, Gillian. I'll get there today, by golly!

:e2cat::banana:

nancy02664
11-28-2007, 10:48 PM
So we're down to the final few days. Who stuck with it?

Me! It went on vacation mid-month, and that made posting tricky -- but everything worked out.

Gillian
11-29-2007, 04:34 AM
I already have my comeuppance - I obviously can't type accurately at all any more ever!

DTKelly
12-03-2007, 05:59 AM
I'm sorry i've been away. I have successfully completed my second year of NaBlo.. looking forward to year three. ;)

wordsmith
12-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Alas, I didn't make it...almost did though. But, we had a minor family crisis--toddler broke his arm, which put me off track. But, there is next year that I have to look forward to.