The Lady

Critical Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theladywolf.livejournal.com
Where do you steal them from?
I never steal books?
Even from the library. I always bring them back and pay my ginormous fines.

Except once. I forget to return a book called West Of Eden, and then I got too embarrassed. They eventually stopped asking and I gave it to a charity shop.

But no, I don't steal.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Judas is going to be pissed. She doesn't like her threads being mocked.

Me? None.

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
Zero. I'm terrified of the Library Police.

Though I'm going to remember this when The Last Dragon comes out. When they wrassle me to the asphault out in the parking lot, I'll just say, "It's okay! The author doesn't mind."

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
How about, How many books have people stolen from ME? I'm still waiting for my copy of Time Traveler's Wife to come back. Grumble.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Three of my books are out on 'loan'.

I can't say I stole any, but I did snatch a bunch of lit journals from the freebie box at a book fair.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
no. it's flattery is the sincerest form of imitation. You're a wonderful person, Judas.

Chicken Warrior

Ahead of Your Time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teenebooks.com
I don't steal books, but if publishers send me stuff to review for sites that I quit writing for years ago and am no longer listed on, then I'm not going to send them back. I'm also pretty bad at replacing books in exchange reading libraries, quite honestly, but they're so full of crap that one book I put in is worth five I take out :D

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score

Except once. I forget to return a book called West Of Eden, and then I got too embarrassed. They eventually stopped asking and I gave it to a charity shop.

But no, I don't steal.

Did you read all the Eden books?
I have read that one I have yet to read the other 2.

I would say I have stolen 0!

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
You are a Bad Ducky. And it's official, when you come to town, I'm NOT inviting you over. You'll have to settle for coffee somewhere, and not the Starbucks in the corner of the bookstore, either!

cb1281

No stealing from the library! :p

And Will, the Library Police? HAHA. I have too many other important things to do than chase after people who don't pay their fines!!

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
No stealing from the library! :p

And Will, the Library Police? HAHA. I have too many other important things to do than chase after people who don't pay their fines!!

You might, but the Library Policeman...

I'm referring here to the Stephen King story in Four Past Midnight. Read it?

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Steal

I don't steal anything. Ever. And books are sacred. Even if I were a thief, I would never steal a book.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
I steal books from my parents and my friends.

Last two I ganked: TREASON by Orson Scott Card and Book 1 of the Shadowmarch by Tad Williams.

I also got my sticky fingers on "The Ivory and the Horn" by Charles de Lint

It's cool. They steal just as much from me.

Reaction score
I nicked a couple years ago for a dare.

They were shit. Glad I never paid for them.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
I never steal books?
Even from the library. I always bring them back and pay my ginormous fines.

But no, I don't steal.

If you'd said East of Eden, I'd get to blame you for my accidentally buying a book by Anne Rice that was most definitely NOT about vampires. :D

Innocently picked it up at a Salvation Army, thinking that since the big Anne Rice was on the cover, it would be -- yanno, horror. Not . . . that.

Yikes. :D

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
muy culpable

yes, i do. but never from bookstores. pretty much never from libraries. but i do have this thing about books that are abused or neglected. you know--like books that are sitting in the dusty, moth eaten bookshelves of a ...lets say high school storage room. or the locked closet just off the auditorium. you know. where you find things like the very Voyages In English textbook that you so enjoyed in third grade. the one with "October Gave A Party" in 5 parts for choral reading? the one with all the cute illustrations of transitive and intransitive verbs?

or the old El Camino Real Spanish textbooks. they don't make them like that anymore. or say Penrod and Sam. i mean, for crissakes, who reads Tarkington anymore but me? Pepita Jimenez in Valera's own Spanish? No one is going to read that. It will just get tossed out by some ignorant janitor in the year 2010.

now I do have some finesse. i don't just waltz up and swipe the thing. first the book has to signal to me that it is in distress. that is what Pepita did just last week. i was looking for some map transfers in the storage room when she whispered "SSSt Sra. Smith! They locked me up here in 1965. I, a beautiful and wealthy young widow, have been sitting here in dust and twilight for 43 years. I, who was always your amiga querida. Por favor, ayudame." I mean that isn't so nuts, is it guys? ...guys?

desertcomet

Registered
Reaction score
Does downloading manga scantilations count? If so I might be worse than badducky. I only have one friend who really has any books worth reading and she makes sure that she gets them back.