Ways to fake your own death

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas on ways for someone to fake their own death (as you can see by my title), besides killing yourself and turning into a zombie.

Reaction score
Listening to Westlife's Greatest Hits on repeat and letting everyone think the shitsome noise would kill off my brain cells one by one, eventually coma-fying me and turning me into a vegetablist.

The Grift

Tom Swiftly's Favorite Adverb
Registered
Reaction score
1) Some senator or something did this once...

Take a couple of SCUBA tanks, place on bottom of body of water, preferably ocean (not too deep!)

Take your friends out on a boat, do some partying, drinking, act a lot more foolish than you feel.

"Accidentally" fall over.

Swim to bottom, get SCUBA gear, swim away.

Have some stuff conveniently stashed where you come ashore.

They never find the body, but very few people doubt you're dead.

2) You need an accomplice for this one, and you might have to wait too long to do it.

Wait for a large scale disaster... ferry sinking, massive building fire, tornado, something like that where there's no way to tell how many people died and you can't find all the bodies

Have your friend claim you were there.

a variation is to cause your own blown-up building, crashed bus, whatever

3) Join Army. Go to Iraq. Wait until an engagement, and disappear during it. All the better if some stuff gets blown up.

4) Make friend with someone on a hospital staff. Have them admit you, forge your chart, and have you "die." Walk out of the morgue. Slip the dead-guy-examiner a Benjamin on the way out to keep his mouth shut.

sneakers145

Registered
Reaction score
My characters seem to have a thing for driving their cars in to swollen rivers...

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
;),,,Tell you what. When I am ready to vanish I am going to look back at this thread. Some really good ideas. I think we would be amazed just how many folks have died and gone on with new lives. If your socializing circle is on the small side...all the better. (Makes note to self.)

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
I've considered suicides that look like murders, suicides that look like accidents, suicides designed so no one ever knows what they are, murders that look like suicides, murders that look like accidents...

I've not contemplated an unsuicide, unmurder or an undeath for that matter.

But if I were, it would have to have witnesses, close friends that get really upset, and it would have to be in a way that body recovery would be considered unlikely. That sort of limits it. You might have a body recoved and unidentifiable but that is really hard in the modern world, so the ocean would be very likely, or a lava pit (it is my death and I'll do it how ever I want) or smelting factory. Imagine falling into a crucible of molten iron. The old fall, bounce and switch and the dummy goes into the pot. :D

Fall from a plane without a chute over a barren desert. This is a James Bond sort of thing where another plane drops you a chute and you put it on beneath the cloud cover hopefully before you bounce.

Sail your boat into the Bermuda Triangle. Leave some of your blood on the boat and abandon it.

Fake a ride through a wood chipper...hard to do. You might need to sacrifice someone of the same blood type.

Have yourself publicly kidnapped at gun point. Demand your own ransom and never be seen again.

Disappear on an African safari. You could do this in the Brox too. :D

Wow. I'm scaring myself. I think I could actually pull some of this off! Cool.

hazellsephine

Registered
Reaction score
I realize it might be sacralige to mention a tv show, but on this one episode of some crime drama (medium??) people were faking their own deaths by storing up their own blood in the freezer or someplace. It took a long time, but there was this magic number the cops use, like 4 liters or something. Then the person who wanted to be dead would wreck their car and throw in the blood, and even though there wasn't a body, there was enough blood that if the person had just lost that much blood, they'd be guarenteed dead. Then person disappears and buys a new identity.

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
I realize it might be sacralige to mention a tv show, but on this one episode of some crime drama (medium??) people were faking their own deaths by storing up their own blood in the freezer or someplace. It took a long time, but there was this magic number the cops use, like 4 liters or something. Then the person who wanted to be dead would wreck their car and throw in the blood, and even though there wasn't a body, there was enough blood that if the person had just lost that much blood, they'd be guarenteed dead. Then person disappears and buys a new identity.

The thing with tv shows is they never get hardly any of their facts right.
They don't like doing research, it's their way or no way.
You see.....blood taken from the body automatically combines with oxygen. It ages if you will. It's not being circulated, the blood is made up of red and white cells, the function of the red blood cells is to supply oxygen to the tissues of the body. The white blood cells begin to die off. These fight viruses, etc. That's why a doctor pumps you full of antibiotics when you get a transfusion. Now freezing will slow the process or stop it. But the blood is still able to be tested to see how old is. That's one way a forensics scientist can tell the time of death of the body etc.
Swew...I got all scientific on every one. I may not have gotten this just right, but I am close. LOL I love Medium....I think I missed this episode. They are usually pretty accurate though!

sneakers145

Registered
Reaction score
The thing with tv shows is they never get hardly any of their facts right.
They don't like doing research, it's their way or no way.
You see.....blood taken from the body automatically combines with oxygen. It ages if you will. It's not being circulated, the blood is made up of red and white cells, the function of the red blood cells is to supply oxygen to the tissues of the body. The white blood cells begin to die off. These fight viruses, etc. That's why a doctor pumps you full of antibiotics when you get a transfusion. Now freezing will slow the process or stop it. But the blood is still able to be tested to see how old is. That's one way a forensics scientist can tell the time of death of the body etc.
Swew...I got all scientific on every one. I may not have gotten this just right, but I am close. LOL I love Medium....I think I missed this episode. They are usually pretty accurate though!

Plus, then they find traces of anticoagulant...

Wasn't this done in that ill-fated TV show, Vanished?? Then it went off the air and we never did really find out what happened...

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
You go to a foreign country, tell people you'll be back in an hour, and disappear into the landscape, never to be heard from again. They'll search all over the countryside for you, but they won't look for you in your own country. Each government will say that the other isn't forthcoming enough, or that they bungled the investigation. Then, after a while, you'll be presumed dead.

As long as you aren't a small child or an attractive woman, the media probably won't linger on the disappearance for long. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.