Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I went to take a stroll through the old haunts just now. It is a little strange. There it is, a ghost-town, filled with closed threads frozen in time. Felt a little like I used to, after a show, when I'd sit in the empty theatre and just soak in the energy of what once was there. To think, it was just two days ago!

Yet, in the midst of it all were five lost souls who continued posting even after everything was shut down, there were notices on every board, and a big note on top of the whole forum saying we moved.

Some writers really hate to read. :Shrug:

I just made the notice REALLY BIG! Think this will do the trick? http://p197.ezboard.com/babsolutewrite

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
Boy, Jenna, if they don't see THAT, they've no business being writers!:roll:

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
JennaGlatzer said:
I just made the notice REALLY BIG! Think this will do the trick? http://p197.ezboard.com/babsolutewrite

Well.... Ya see....

With my eyesight, I still found the notice the way it was. lol.

WIth this one, though? If they don't see it, I don't have any sympathy for 'em. Now where's my magnifying glass? ;)

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
There's no place like home...click

Jenna, I told you so. There were ghosts over there--even a darth Vader character who wanted to take over the abandoned site! I chased them, but they became wisps. It's very strange over there...I noticed it when I was trying to steal the spellchec...I mean, when I was sweeping up, yeah, that's it! Then a boogey ghost chased me and I...I tripped over an old thread and fell down and cut my hand on some broken water cooler shards. Exiting the forum I ran straight into a post, yeah...that's right!

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME,click,THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME,click,THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME...click...

Triceratops

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it'll turn into the equivalent of the Overlook Hotel. (Cue the spooky music.)

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
heh

I couldn't help but to post a reply to them

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hey

Should we lock all the threads so no one goes off goofy over there?

I can do it if you want. What do you think?

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
It's not just writers who don't like to read -- it's humans. Back in olden times, when I was a technical writer, I lernt that but good. The whole game became keeping what users needed to know out of the documentation and convincing the engineers to fix the product so folks could use it without paper. I can't tell you how many times an engineer would suggest that the way to fix a bug was to put a note in the documentation that it would work, it was just bassackwards, so you have to follow these 17 simple extra steps. 'Steada fixin it. :Headbang:

So biggin' up the moving news is the perfect thing. And it even makes sense -- the news in the regular ol' font and in regular threads doesn't give you the immediate impression that things aren't business as usual round there. You had to unusualize the whole thing. Does this mean Jenna'd be a natural at developing software? :Ssh:

This is a stupid post. But I've gotta get my count up! I can't keep deleting everything I write! And I've gotta use more smileys! :poke: They're irrefreakingsistible!

-pkpk

Last edited:

Cate

Never Bored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherineltully.com
Ghost Town

It is weird to look at the old board!
Glad we moved tho--our new "house" is much nicer . .

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't be the only one who never reads any of the text above the board names, no matter how large. Have you considered making it both huge and red? With a yellow background, and the same text like, five or six times, perhaps with dancing flames or other motion?

That might have gotten my attention.

Or not.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Make the notice text occupie the entire screen (pushing everything else down below, so they have to scroll to get to it). If they still don't get it, then they shouldn't come over... time to leave the dead, Mother Mouse.

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
I think some people might have a thread bookmarked rather than the entire board. thus they go to the thread and never look up to the top.

Shawn

Puddle Jumper

Not the first time I've seen that happen. I've seen people still hang around and post years after a board closed down. Guess as long as the admin keeps the forums and open for anyone to post in, they can do it.

That doesn't amaze me as much as some people I come across at work. :)

lucyishome

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cate said:
It is weird to look at the old board!
Glad we moved tho--our new "house" is much nicer . .

Yep I thought the same thing when I clicked on the link.

Anne

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Die hards in ghost town

Very strange over there. Navigator has declared himself Lord and Master. Now he has a groupie girlfriend, Dawn, who wants to spend her EZ board money over there and join his empire, I think. I tried to grab her away so I could get a nice referal, money, fame, rep points and other things, but I can't post no more over there. I think it's going to be called "Barter Town."

Tri

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Fascinating.

I've just changed security settings so I'm the only person who can post on any of the boards (no option there for an html redirect), except Office Party, just because I'm looking forward to seeing what XNav does as Lord and Master.

:popcorn:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
triceretops said:
Very strange over there. Navigator has declared himself Lord and Master. Now he has a groupie girlfriend, Dawn, who wants to spend her EZ board money over there and join his empire, I think. I tried to grab her away so I could get a nice referal, money, fame, rep points and other things, but I can't post no more over there. I think it's going to be called "Barter Town."

Tri

Tri, I don't mind being "just friends" over here...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.