"The End"

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! That's awesome. Your feelings very much relates to one of the threads I posted on the Novels board. I think a lot feel the same way when finishing a project they poured so much into.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you! But if it's the rough draft, you don't need to be sad - it's not like you'll never see it again :)

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you! But if it's the rough draft, you don't need to be sad - it's not like you'll never see it again :)
Absolutely. So it's best if you are sad, cos at least you won't be thinking, 'Thank **** I'll never set eyes on that pile of poo again.'

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! A finished rough draft is a wonderful thing. I think it's so much fun molding it into something better.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
The sad comes in because while, yes, there is a lot of work to be done, it's the end of the story. *s* I'll revisit the characters many times over, but the story itself is done.

This is the second novel following the same family. The first one was 100 years before the one I just finished. At this point, I don't have an idea for another one 100 years after the second one. I'd like to come up with something, but that's not in the cards right now. Next up is a pick between two tentatively titled projects of "Navajo Rose" or "Confessions of a Fat Chick."

Maybe by the time one of those is done, I'll have another idea that will take me back to central Ireland in the Middle Ages. :)

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
"The End" Revisited

Thanks, guys. :)

Finishing two big projects in two days. Wow. That's really all I can say about it.

The new version of "Kiernan's Curse" is done. (It takes place 100 years before "Devon's Wish" that I mentioned above and is actually with the same family.)

When I had completed the first one, it was only in his POV. I added in Maeb's to round it out. I am very satisfied with how it is now. I'll have to get some distance between me and it again before I can take another objective look at it.

The original version weighed in at 226 pages and 56,500 words. This version, with Maeb's viewpoint, has 243 pages and 72,900 words.

I added 17 pages and 16,400 words.

Now I get to tweak the proposal and do a query for it for my meeting with the agent on the 12th or 13th.

Wish me luck. *s*

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck. It sounds like you are doing great. I actually cried when I finished my last novel. It was because it was the first longer piece I had written and finished in three years. Good luck with the agent.

emsuniverse

Back to freelancing again...
Registered
Reaction score
I completely understand how you feel. When I finished my first book (now sitting in a drawer, don't ask) a friend of mine just said "Bask in it, babe."

And I did.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Sorry, late to respond! Congratulations for achieving this goal, Jen, I know how hard you've worked to reach this point. I wonder how I'll feel if I ever have the opportunity to really be *done* with a project like that. :)