What's wrong with me??? Stomach pain!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I can't figure out if I'm experiencing food poisoning or what.

Yesterday afternoon my stomach started feeling icky. I went looking for tums but didn't think much of it after that.

Then last night, I was waking up every two hours with this pain radiating up from my stomach. I'm thinking, what the heck? Is this heartburn? I'm 25! What could possibly cause that? And I had a yucky acidic taste in my mouth. I would walk around for a bit and it would settle down and then I'd go to sleep and the pain would start again.

Today, it just hurts. I would say about every 15 minutes it feels like my stomach is knotting itself into a little ball. Then it will go away, and come back again 15 minutes later. I don't feel like upchucking, but if I eat anything it is painful and my stomach starts cramping up again.

Sooo, did I eat something bad? Is this what it feels like? I've never experienced it before because I have a cast-iron stomach. I'm still trying to figure out what I could have possibly eaten that would do this to me.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It could be something you ate, or you're coming down with a bug.

Stop eating stuff. Switch to clear liquids (fruit juices, sprite etc) and if you feel better this evening, try toast or chicken soup/broth.

By the way - I ain't no people-doctor. :)

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you are coming down with the flu, be prepared for Yogurt-through-the-nose while you ride the porcelian bus.

just sayin'.

Parkinsonsd

Registered
Reaction score
You're pregnant. You should have been more careful.

If you want to know how the delivery is going to be, go watch Aliens.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Okay, I got some yogurt and ate it and am feeling a bit better. Thanks again for the suggestion.

And yes, I am keeping hydrated.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would get it checked out.

Could be appendicitis.

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
You should definitely get this checked out. I had similar pain (worse at night) and it turned out to be a diseased gall bladder. I was 29 at the time. Because I waited so long to go to the doctor, I had to spend extra time in the hospital. Could be heartburn too, but why risk it? Hope you start feeling better soon! :Sun:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No idea what's wrong, but I know what you should eat when you get hungry: the BRAT diet, safe for babies, pregnant women, the frail elderly, and everybody else.

B for bananas
R for cooked rice, plain pasta, soda crackers, toast and other simple white-flour carbohydrates
A for applesauce and Popsicles
T for hot tea or other clear liquids like bouillon, chicken noodle soup, clear juices, etc.

Avoid all dairy products; all fats and oils (butter, mayonnaise, peanut butter); fiber like whole grains, fruits, and vegetables; and spices except for salt to taste. This gets boring.

If it's your gall bladder, the pain will centralize on the upper right abdomen. Your stomach's more centralized. If it was food poisoning, your distress would reach the other end of the system within hours.

My best guess is that you've got a lovely virus. They run their course in 3-5 days, usually, although the nastier ones may take a week.

Maryn, hoping you feel better soon

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
My friend Harry and I are gonna open a pet store and we're gonna specialize in worms. So Kathy, why you goin to the airport? Flyin' somewhere?
How'd you guess?

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe you have Lyme disease.

Ok probably not but I'm just saying.

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
Gallbladder.
Or a colon problem.
You may have a blockage.
You may be having severe acid reflux.
I hate to say it, but yes gas can cause this too.
Tacky, but it happens!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Wow, I have one little problem and suddenly I have all of these life threatening conditions! Not to mention a baby on the way... :)

Sooo I finally bit the bullet and took some Pepto Bismol. I hate that stuff SO MUCH it's my last resort. The pain is definitely in my stomach (my mom's a nurse, I know where my parts are!) so hopefully whatever it is, virus or bad food, will eventually "descend." ;)

PS Thanks everyone for the advice and well wishes! I think it's been a couple of years since I've been sick...