PDA

View Full Version : One good thing about this new joint...

Greenwolf103
02-14-2005, 01:30 AM
You get to click on EXACTLY where you want to go back to. Writing Studio, Coffeee Break, etc. No more scrolling down so much! And it gives the back arrow a rest. :Clap:

awatkins
02-14-2005, 02:22 AM
I LOVE the new boards! I'm supposed to be finishing an article but keep popping back in to see what's going on. hehe. :snoopy:

Kudra
02-14-2005, 02:36 AM
The board ate up my reply, so here it is again:

Another thing I'm loving is the "New Posts" feature. You can easily click on one button and see what's new in each board instead of visiting each and every one of them to see if there's anything of interest. :Thumbs:

Cate
02-14-2005, 02:38 AM
I like viewing how many people are in each room . . .
Cate

ElizabethJames
02-14-2005, 03:37 AM
is still out . . . but We're trying hard to reprogram our old brain.

Wish us luck. We need it.

Arisa81
02-14-2005, 03:38 AM
I always sem drawn to where there are the most people...I wonder what they're all reading hehe
At one time there were like 18 people in one room

JennaGlatzer
02-14-2005, 04:01 AM
me too! I felt like such a sheep, realizing that I was following people around to see what they were looking at. :o The bewares board consistently has the biggest crowd, of course.

three seven
02-14-2005, 05:16 AM
Another good thing about this new board is that it's unlikely to ever break down... http://www.geocities.com/thingumybobwotsit/wink3.gif

Trapped in amber
02-14-2005, 06:19 AM
I keep looking at boards that I've never been to before, or don't visit very often. I'm discovering new realms of threads and subjects. And there's snoopy:snoopy:

Ed Williams
02-14-2005, 06:48 AM
....would the proprietor give you your own ICEE avatar? I love it here, and Jenna is da bomb!

:Cheer:

Liam Jackson
02-14-2005, 06:55 AM
Some really nice features. Bravo, Jenna!

Cate
02-14-2005, 06:55 AM
I have been going places that I don't normally go too! Its kinda cool. (Oh and I am also a sheep who follows the numbers. Heh.)
Cate

CaoPaux
02-14-2005, 07:12 AM
Yep, I check out what everyone else is, too. And if you go into someone's profile, you can see what they're looking at. Hmm, maybe I'd better spend less time in Erotica. ;)

Cate
02-14-2005, 07:25 AM
Also I have met some nice folks.
I usually don't venture around too much outside freelance, newbie, humour, trades and the occaisonal check on paying markets.
Cate

JennaGlatzer
02-14-2005, 07:41 AM
The new board style is definitely bringing out some people who weren't as active on the old board. I think the "level playing field" is encouraging some of the newbies to jump in, because they're not as intimidated by the people with hundreds of posts behind them.

LIAM! So glad you made it, friend. Should I assume you're too busy to mod this board for now? Tell us what you're up to!

JennaGlatzer
02-14-2005, 07:43 AM
Hey! You're the first Super Member! I thought three seven was going to snatch the title first, but you showed great endurance in the home stretch. :Thumbs: Test out the features! See if you can do a custom title and avatar now.

JenNipps
02-14-2005, 08:05 AM
The new board style is definitely bringing out some people who weren't as active on the old board. I think the "level playing field" is encouraging some of the newbies to jump in, because they're not as intimidated by the people with hundreds of posts behind them.

Jenna,

I can vouch for the level playing field/intimidation factor. I know I had over 200 posts at the other place, but if anyone ever looked, they were mostly in the Writing Prompts/Games forum. lol. I felt way out of my league hobnobbing with the hobnobbiest. :)

Dawno
02-14-2005, 09:37 AM

LIAM! So glad you made it, friend. Should I assume you're too busy to mod this board for now? Tell us what you're up to!

Speaking as a newbie and just for myself, the reason why I've posted a time or two is that this forum is more like the style of forum I'm used to. I've also lurked around enough (for me anyway) to see what a friendly and supportive group this is.

three seven
02-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Cate! You're the first Super Member! I thought three seven was going to snatch the title first, but you showed great endurance in the home stretch. :Thumbs:

Like Raul Julia in the Gumball Rally, I was distracted just yards from the finishing post by a pretty lady in a tight T-shirt. http://www.geocities.com/thingumybobwotsit/dizzy2.gif

Congratulations Cate. Maybe next year...

Kudra
02-14-2005, 03:03 PM
I was just getting started being active on the old board, but hey, a level playing field doesn't hurt. ;)

Poppy
02-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Woohoo! I'm lovin' it!

rhymegirl
02-14-2005, 05:22 PM
I hate to be negative here, but there are some things missing on this new board. I had started a 3-word post under Writing Exercises (about Peggy and Viggo) and some of the story we wrote is missing. The missing parts were really funny and now people are trying to add on in the wrong place. Help!!

Other than that, I like all the smilies and other stuff about this board. So don't worry, not all negative.

Greenwolf103
02-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Actually, as I'm checking out these new digs more, I'm really starting to like some other features, like how you don't have to go hunting for smilies because you can use the toolbar, which is also great because you can change so much about your text. And SNOOPY IS BACK!! Whoo-hoo! :snoopy:

Arisa81
02-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Rhymegirl, I think you can go back to the old boards and copy and paste the story to here. That's if the story is still over there, which I would assume it is. :)

ChunkyC
02-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Yes, the old board is still there. You can copy the old posts you want and paste them into an existing or new post here. Jenna will be keeping the old site up for a bit so that stragglers can find us.

JennaGlatzer
02-15-2005, 04:22 AM
Yep, here's what happened:

There's about a day and a half between the time when I transfered all the archives and when we opened up over here (time for testing), so posts that were made during that day and a half didn't automatically transfer. You can always go back there and copy and paste anything that didn't make it here.

rhymegirl
02-15-2005, 04:50 AM
One of my writing buddies on that story transferred the missing parts over to the new board! :Jump:

So all is well!

Poppy
02-16-2005, 11:57 PM
I just now noticed the 'reputation' feature. In case you haven't, look in the bottom left-hand corner of each person's post for three small icons and the middle one should say "add to thatperson'snamehere reputation."

I've never seen that on any other message board before, but then again, I don't 'get out' much.

Oh, and I can't help it, I must break into song (censored version)...

I don't give a darn 'bout my reputation.
You're living in the past, it's a new generation.
A girl can do what she wants to do
and that's what I'm gonna do.
An' I don't give a darn 'bout my bad reputation.
Oh no, not me!

From "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett

Sorry, heehee.:ROFL:

Poppy
02-18-2005, 03:05 AM
Thanks Jenna and Arisa for adding to my reputation. :) May seem silly, but sometimes the small, seemingly insignificant things are what make our day.

By the way, I love the quick reply feature too. Quick indeed, just like it says. :)

Arisa81
02-18-2005, 07:25 AM
Poppy, doesn't seem silly at all, you are right. Little things often mean the most.

Poppy
02-19-2005, 03:47 AM
Ya know what doesn't make sense to me? On the old board I could've posted an avatar at any time, but for whatever reason, never did (not that I remember anyway). On this board, I felt a need to get the right number of posts, and eventually donate, just so I could post one. Why is that, do you suppose? Because I always want what I can't have? Yeah, that's probably it. But I didn't mind donating a few bucks, I have made some extra money because of this site so I don't mind giving back at all.

ritinrider
02-19-2005, 04:03 AM
Finally, I got here! Looks like a good spot Jenna. You did good. Actually, I've stopped by a tiime or two, even registered, just didn't have time to post. Now, I'm soooooo far behind. But, I'll catch up.

Nita

JenNipps
02-19-2005, 06:54 AM
Finally, I got here!

You can say that again! Thought I was going to have to drag you in here kicking & screaming all the way. ;)