PDA

View Full Version : getting back to action

smsarber
10-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Ok. For those who remember, I went in for lung surgury July 20, 2007.
Things did not go as planned. I threw a blood clot, became riddledwith infection, and was put into a drug-induced coma for 2&1/2 weeks. I spent a total of eight weeks in the hospital. There were three operations performed,and I will need at leat one more before I am finished. I was released on Sept.14 to home care with an open surgical wound on my back and one chest tube still in place. I am improving now. I lost over 35 pounds during the hospital stay, and recovery and strength building is a long process, but I'm still kickin'.
I haven't done any writing since I got home, but I think I am ready now.
Thank you all for your support.

Backward Masking
10-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Good to hear you're doing better (and let me just say, yikes does that suck). One day at a time, as I say. :)

Maryn
10-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Geez-Louise! I'm glad to hear you're on the mend and sorry to hear things went so very wrong in the first place. However, hospitals are rich grounds for story ideas, don't you think? I mean, many of the stereotypes prove themselves true if you're there a while. Like the housekeeping girl with the obvious cold who ignores the sign about staff needing to be masked and enters coughing, without covering her mouth even. When challenged, she says, "They don't mean me."

Sorry for the rant. Hope the staff who cared for you and your surroundings did their very best by you--and that we do, too. Now, if only we can get your characters to cooperate as you resume writing, you'll be all set!

Maryn, who could have qualified for the WWE, the speed with which she got that sick girl out of there

JLCwrites
10-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Wow! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy and painless recovery. Take care sweetie!

Soccer Mom
10-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Glad you're back, Steven. I'll keep my eyes out for your stories in SYW.

arrowqueen
10-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Take things easy, eat well - and all the best for a speedy recovery.

Unique
10-03-2007, 02:38 AM
gosh what a fright! I'm glad you're on the mend. Is it okay for you to laugh?

Come visit us in 'This Thread Shall Die' - you can call it deep breathing exercises - laughter is good medicine.

Be well!

Angie
10-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Eep! So sorry to hear about everything going wrong with your surgery, but I'm glad you're on the mend now.

brianm
10-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Glad you are home, and it's good to see you back in AW.

You have remained in my thoughts and prayers since we last chatted. You will remain in them still.

You've had it tough these past few years, but you've shown real character and mettle. I'm really proud of you.

God bless.

-brianm

Joe270
10-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I am happy to hear you are home and on the mend.

Wow. There has to be a story or two in your experience.

Get well soon, splurge on root beer floats and banana splits for a while.

ishtar'sgate
10-03-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm new here and just saw your post. That's a heck of a weight loss program you've got there.:D
Hope you feel better soon.
Linnea

louisgodwin
10-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Damn, that sucks! Hope you make a full recovery soon, and good luck with your next surgery.

JoNightshade
10-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Wow, I'm so glad you made it through and are on the mend!!! Welcome back and... gosh, get well soon!!!

dpaterso
10-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Howy cwap! Fun times! Get better.

-Derek

NeuroFizz
10-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Welcome back. I hope the rest of the recovery is smooth and swift.

smsarber
10-06-2007, 04:06 AM
Getting stronger every day. Thanx for the support and prayers! God Bless you all!

Mandy-Jane
10-06-2007, 08:02 AM
That's awful! Hope you're feeling better now.

akiwiguy
10-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Wow, that's a rough passage. All the best there friend.