The glass slipper...

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It went right on my foot! :D

I. GOT. AN. AGENT. AWESOME SUPER AGENT!!!!! Yes I did, me kimmi, and I had choice--Unbelievable!!!

My manuscript as many of you now know, is sitting with one of the six largest pub houses in the world.

My fairy Godmother? I spoke about in the other thread.... JENNA!!! :Hug2:

Jenna asked to read my book... I was extremely honored to let her do so, and well, if she gets time to get on board, she can tell you herself what she thought of it. However, after Jenna read it, she believed in me enough to wave her wand, asked me and placed it in the hands of an aquisitions editor at an unbelievable publishing house, which we hope to hear more about this week.

thanks everyone for your kind support! And there are sooo many of you to thank!!! Too many!!! But I'll get around to it! :)

Last edited:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
What I thought of it was that it was the best manuscript I've read in a very, very long time, and I couldn't put it out of my head. When Kimmi's book comes out-- and I promise it will-- everyone here needs to read it.

You deserve this, Kimmi, and I'm so proud of you. Crossing my fingers for even bigger news this week! Pretty sure I've never been this excited and hopeful even about my own books.

(Oh, yes, and this is what inspired my "Life is good" thread. ;) )

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
OMG!!! Way to go, Kimmi!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What I thought of it was that it was the best manuscript I've read in a very, very long time, and I couldn't put it out of my head. When Kimmi's book comes out-- and I promise it will-- everyone here needs to read it.

You deserve this, Kimmi, and I'm so proud of you. Crossing my fingers for even bigger news this week! Pretty sure I've never been this excited and hopeful even about my own books.

(Oh, yes, and this is what inspired my "Life is good" thread. ;) )
Thank you Jenna, you humble me!

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OMG!!! Way to go, Kimmi!!!!! Congratulations!!!!
You--you "devil",!remember how I started out a year ago here? Jenna and I laughed about it on the phone last night. I was sooooo ignorant!!!

Thank you Sunshine, for all your help, encouragement and lord knows the patience.

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
Wow.

That's incredible.

Jenna is a wonderful person to help you like that, and your book must be very, very good to have gotten such a fantastic response. Kudos to both of you.

Did I say wow?

Friggin' awesome! :)

JamieFord

giving resonant directions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieford.com
Congrats! That's fantastic news!

"Every time a bell rings, a writer gets an agent..." Isn't that how it goes?

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Kimmi, that is the most fabulous news and so glad that happened and that Jenna had a hand in it is no surprise! You guys rock and know it'll be pubbed like Jenna said and bet a bestseller too! Way2go!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
You--you "devil",!remember how I started out a year ago here? Jenna and I laughed about it on the phone last night. I was sooooo ignorant!!!

Nah, you were just new, and I probably had PMS ;)

I love it when good things happen for good people. It gives me faith in this whole crazy world :D

*sniff* This is too cool!

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you susie, Clara, Dave and Jamie.
Take a moment to also send a big hug to Callily...That story though, is best reserved for Oprah!!!! ;)

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nah, you were just new, and I probably had PMS ;)

I love it when good things happen for good people. It gives me faith in this whole crazy world :D

*sniff* This is too cool!
Me thinks you are being way too generous, but thank you!

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
BTW, she's giving me too much credit. She got this agent all on her own. I just got to celebrate it with her. :)

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
BTW, she's giving me too much credit. She got this agent all on her own. I just got to celebrate it with her. :)
Milk and tea!!! :big smiles: I wish I drank, hubby did open a blackberry beer and toasted me. Don't ask, it (beer) was at least 6 years old in fridge :D. But he found it!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Gimme a 'k'!
Gimme an 'i'!
Gimme an 'm'!
Gimme an 'm'!
Gimme an 'i'!

What does it spell?

KIMMI! Yaaaay, KIMMI!

We're all so happy for you! (And yes, indeed, Jenna rocks.)

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gimme a 'k'!
Gimme an 'i'!
Gimme an 'm'!
Gimme an 'm'!
Gimme an 'i'!

What does it spell?

KIMMI! Yaaaay, KIMMI!

We're all so happy for you! (And yes, indeed, Jenna rocks.)
Lily, Lily, Lily, :D Grammar goddess!!! Big thanks for all your support!!!!!!

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What happened:
I had reached a low, where I'd lost my confidence. I was ready to admit failure even though I had many agent requests over the year. Another author offered to write my story, for a large fee. I couldn't really afford it. Mac threw this info to Jenna, asked her opinion/advice about me needing to hire a writer. Jenna then asked to see my ms. I knew in my heart if Jenna said it was good--then it was, as I knew she would tell me otherwise. She said, I didn't need a writer and gave me huge compliments. Then Jenna gave it to the editor of a pub house. Meanwhile I had several agents calling that I had queried, now showing interest, so I made my decision yesterday. Picked the one best for me and my ms.

Jenna and I are anxiously awaiting the publishing house decision. In the meantime I'm feeling very comfortable that I now have an agent. It was a little scary being in the publishing house without rep. :smile: not that I'm complaining one bit ,mind you!!! Still I'm breathing easier!

Last edited:

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Oh Kimmi, you deserve it! Congratulations!!!