PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, life is good.

JennaGlatzer
10-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Tell me why life is good for you today.

valen_sinclair
10-02-2007, 12:20 PM
for the first time in months i have had a run of 3 days where i have been painless.....looks like the operation was a sucess

threedogpeople
10-02-2007, 12:46 PM
for the first time in months i have had a run of 3 days where i have been painless.....looks like the operation was a sucess

Wow! That's fantastic, I hope it continues.

Life was good to me today because: it didn't rain, my hubby stained the ceiling in the sun room (getting ready to have the floors refinished), my doggie is feeling better, I got to talk to my Mom for an hour, my grand-niece giggled for me over the phone, and I finally got the new photo editing software installed and working.

Nothing smashing but a day filled with small happinesses...

Little Red Barn
10-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Because it's past midnight, the glass slipper fits, the horses haven't changed back into mice and you're still my fairy godmother.

Thank you Jenna, for believing in me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Cassiopeia
10-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Life is good because I have three wonderful kids/my best friends and my health is improving every day.

And because you were kind enough to start a thread like this that made me stop and ask that on a night when sleep evades me due to worries.

Thank you Jenna.

Voyager
10-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Life is good for me today because I learned a valuable lesson in humility, because I didn't back down or run away like I have in the past, because I learned I have more faith in me than I thought I did and because I have wonderful friends who don't hit so hard when they're smacking me upside the head.

Voyager
10-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi Cass, feel better. :Hug2:

Mandy-Jane
10-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Life is good for me today because even though my kids are truly testing my patience and causing me to bemoan the fact that I rarely get more than five waking minutes to myself, all I have to do is look at them to know that I made them, they love me and they are more precious than anything else in the universe.

And it's nearly bedtime.

KTC
10-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Because I just wrote a scene (chapter) that I'm feeling really pumped about. AND, more importantly...my son's hockey season starts tonight and he is so excited he couldn't sleep last night. Hockey season is the best time of the year in our house. We adore watching our son on the ice...the best feeling in the world, knowing he's in his happy place.

Jo
10-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey Jenna! Life is good today because I'm learning a new musical instrument--the bass guitar I got for my fortieth last week. Even though my fingers are blistered, bruised and really, really numb, I can play songs from Paradise by the Dashboard Light (almost eight and a half minutes long) to Money (tricky riffs). Life at forty rocks! Oh, and playing bass improves your typing speed. If only I could drag myself away from it to write...

The other bonus for today is my kids are home on school holidays (from last week until next week). With one daughter on acoustic/electric guitar and the other on violin, and me alternating between bass and keyboard, this house is jumping! (Lucky for our neighbours, my drums are in storage at the moment... hehe)

And... my son found out the frame on his upper leg will be coming off in two weeks. (It'll be his third operation this year, and hopefully his last.)

And... my hubby had today off from work. ;)

Good music, good company, good times.

Is life good for you today?

NeuroFizz
10-02-2007, 04:13 PM
The good morning smiles of Fizzette and Little Fizzy, and the morning snuggle from Mrs. Fizzy. Puts a perma-smile on the person I see in the mirror.

Unique
10-02-2007, 04:46 PM
I am happy. And that's a new feeling for me. I hope it sticks around.

trumancoyote
10-02-2007, 05:07 PM
I pooped this morning and when I looked down betwixt my thighs to behold my masterwork, it was wrapped in a complete and perfect circle.

No joke. I was so happy.

sunna
10-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Because I was late for work today. All my husband's fault. Really not complaining.

There's just no nicer way to wake up. :D

I am happy. And that's a new feeling for me. I hope it sticks around.

Me too. Enjoy! I'm happy you're happy. This could be a fun chain reaction...

jenngreenleaf
10-02-2007, 05:09 PM
(wow, you were up early!)

Life is good for me today because a weight has been lifted when I found out my mother has decided to go with radiation treatments, when she was refusing before. I think that's pretty darn good, if you ask me.

Susie
10-02-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm so glad to be back here with y'all and hoping our roof repairs get done in the next week or two, so that is good. Jenn, so hoping your mom will be alright and prayers are headed your way.

KTC
10-02-2007, 05:35 PM
I pooped this morning and when I looked down betwixt my thighs to behold my masterwork, it was wrapped in a complete and perfect circle.

No joke. I was so happy.

OMG! It took a cuddly post from our Jenna to pop you out of hiding? I hope it goes well, Mr. Zach.

totidem_verbis
10-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm happy today because the story I submitted yesterday hasn't been rejected yet. :D

Azraelsbane
10-02-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm happy because I feel like writing today. Looks like those revisions will be done in time for Friday queries after all. :D

MidnightMuse
10-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Happy today? Hmm . . . Well, I am pretty happy today, but only The Shadow knows why :D It's Fall, I love Fall. And I have next week off.

So yeah, it's a good day, so far :)

Unique
10-02-2007, 06:31 PM

Now if you're happy, I'm happy, but it ain't all about the happy ... si?

BenPanced
10-02-2007, 06:50 PM
*banninates self from thread because one can't come up with a decent answer without spoiling everybody's fun*

stormie
10-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Oh, good thread, Jenna! Too many times I grumble and have that stormy cloud over my head.

Life is good today because:

I feel healthy.

My two sons are at work together, like being together, and like where they are. (And they are, as a neurologist told me when they were toddlers, extreme opposites in their differing abilities).

My husband is--healthwise--doing okay.

My sister is emotionally upbeat.

It's sunny and cool outside.

AceTachyon
10-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Life is good today because after a few side trips, Life is back on track for me.

And I'm getting married to a fantastic woman this Saturday.

Yup. All is well.

jennifer75
10-02-2007, 07:48 PM

Ok, but only cause you asked...

The doctor told me to cut out the coffee cause I'm stressed and well, suffering in other ways, so I did. Today is day 2. I do have a cup of decaf though. So, whatever Doc. But, I don't feel the way I'd been feeling by this time - for the last month - so something is working. And I feel good, because I feel good.

And you, Jenna, how are YOU feeling? And baby? How did your 4 month project go? Has it been 4 months since you told us about it?

Dawno
10-02-2007, 07:54 PM
My son called me!

JennaGlatzer
10-02-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm feeling great, thanks. :) (I've had to lay off caffeine, too, since the panic disorder... you really will get to like decaf, I swear.)

Life is good today because good things happened to a good person.

And because it's my daughter's 7-month-birthday, and she is the Greatest Baby on the Planet. :D

jennifer75
10-02-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm feeling great, thanks. :) (I've had to lay off caffeine, too, since the panic disorder... you really will get to like decaf, I swear.)

And because it's my daughter's 7-month-birthday, and she is the Greatest Baby on the Planet. :D

Oh man, the warm fuzzy "jenna spoke to me" feeling is coming.... i love that feeling.

Jersey Chick
10-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm happy:

Because the air is cool, which means sticky summer is really and truly over

I'm moving into my dream house in two weeks

I'm going crazy with edits for two books, my 6 year old cracks me up with her observations like "I don't want long pants because my legs don't want sleeves"

My two year old is finally learning to give kisses.

My husband's home from the hospital finally and is feeling better than he has since early August.

Wow - I really am pretty lucky, I guess ;)

Little Red Barn
10-02-2007, 08:30 PM

Jenna, you're amazing! Thank you for bringing this nice thread up for us!!!

JLCwrites
10-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Life is good today because I have two healthy munchkins, laundry is almost done, and there is a bag of chocolate chips with my name on it!

melaniehoo
10-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Great thread!

I'm happy today because I was able to run for the first time in a week. I got really sick last Thursday - we think gastroenteritis - and I've been vomiting, crazy high fever, shakes, having bowel issues since then. Lost five pounds in a couple days but it's back now that I'm eating again. I'm scared to go to the Mexican hospital so a friend who's a nurse gave me injections at my house in the middle of the night. Quite scary. But I seem to be recovered, was able to exercise AND my gramma's here!

JoNightshade
10-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm happy because I'm sitting in the sunny spot on my carpet.

SherryTex
10-03-2007, 12:37 AM

I got up this morning. No one I know and love is suffering or dying. My eight children run my life rampant and tear up the house. My husband is a glorious and kind loving man that reminds me every day how much he envies my job of being at home. Made it to the gym for the first time in a year. I talked to two good friends for no reason other than to visit. There are vine ripe tomatoes waiting to be picked. I practiced the piano today and will get to do some writing tonight on my book. I read some research today for my book.

Each day my kids come home from school to ask me: Did you play the piano? Did you read? Did you write? Did you exercise? Did you pray? And today, I could say yes to all of them if I keep at it.

III
10-03-2007, 12:43 AM
I could list 50 things that are wonderful, but I'll say TODAY is happy because I'm learning to enjoy TODAY'S blessings instead of focusing so much on the future.

WendyNYC
10-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Life is good because I started my new writing workshop today! I'm finally doing something that is just for me, not for my kids, my husband, nor the non-profit for which I volunteer.

kristie911
10-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Today is a good day because my son had his tonsils out. It went well and he's feeling good. One more hurdle out of the way.

temerity
10-03-2007, 02:01 AM
THEY LIKED MY POEM!
Read it to the class and I think everyone really enjoyed it.

What else?
Nobody in my family/ circle of friends is dying or seriously sick or even going through a hard time (it feels weird!). I got the most gorgeous dress for homecoming. I didn't have to run in the XC meet today, so I went for Starbucks and had three hours of free time after school.
Also made up 3/4 tests from being sick yesterday and did well on all of them.

I am alive!!
& everyone else on here seems to be having good days, too.

Cassiopeia
10-03-2007, 03:42 AM

And because it's my daughter's 7-month-birthday, and she is the Greatest Baby on the Planet. :D Anything else to do for panic disorders? It seems to be running rampaging through my body in the middle of the night.

Today is a good day because my son is helping me get the boxes that are packed and ready out in the garage so I can get the carpets cleaned to put the house on the market and I actually made it to the post office. :D

And I am not stress eating! woot!

Fingers
10-03-2007, 06:11 AM
I belong to a fishing club with over 700 members. Today I went out and caught the first coho salmon of the year in the fishing club. The adrenaline was pumping baby. It dont get much better than that.

yer pal Brian

Shady Lane
10-03-2007, 06:13 AM
I am with my best friend and my boyfriend and I love them so much.

And no bad news from the dream agent...

SuperSmashProse
10-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Life is good because I'm a playa.

ottorino
10-07-2007, 10:07 AM
I trashed the last 10,000 words of my wip. Woop-di-doo!

Wraith
10-07-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm happy because I'm sitting in the sunny spot on my carpet.
Lovely. There's no sunny spot in my whole house, it's all rainy outside.

But life is good today cause I got to sleep as much as I wanted and now I get to sip a delicious coffee while scanning AW. And then I'm gonna write a scene I long to write, while eating fries. What more could ye ask for? :tongue

J. Weiland
10-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Life is good because while I'm sitting here typing, my girlfriend is sitting in the armchair next to me, feeding our 2 weeks old baby girl. Yeah, I have a family now.

Life is good... :D

tjwriter
10-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Between all the teething (2 year molars, we think) and the sinus infection, Piper's not been sleeping so well. If the toddler doesn't sleep well, nobody sleeps well.

Last night, she slept all night in her bed for the first time in ages.

I'm feeling life is good right now.

stormie
10-08-2007, 03:45 AM
A busy ICU nurse took the time to hold my hand when I was visiting my sister.

Cell phones. Yep, the bane of some people's existence is my sanity-saver. It has saved me many unnecessary trips back home from the hospital or to the hospital. My car thanks them, my gas bill thanks them, my emotional state thanks them. And cells have saved me from plunking a lot of coins into the pay phones or buying calling cards where my minutes expire too fast.

Today, life was good because of those two things.

Carrie in PA
10-08-2007, 05:50 AM
My FIL was sent home from the hospital today after a major scare last night, where we weren't too sure he was coming home at all.

JoNightshade
10-08-2007, 05:56 AM
Life is good today because I met two amazing people. A man and a woman who have been married for 25 years and have 2 amazing daughters. I'd never have guessed that they spent 5 years of that marriage living apart, the husband with another woman, the wife bitter and angry. I was floored by their story of grace, redemption, and reconciliation. Just made me realize - here but for the grace of God go I. So true.

And I get to work on their article for our church magazine. :)

Pat~
10-08-2007, 07:19 AM
Life is good today because I have amazing children, and a wonderful husband, and eveyone in our family is reasonably healthy and well (including parents and inlaws). We've joined a new church, and the service this morning was totally inspiring. And, as of this weekend I have finished selling all my September listings on eBay and can stop running to the post office. Last but not least, my daughter confided in me this weekend that she has her first boyfriend, and when she described to me what made him special, it just made me proud of her; she's wise beyond her 14 years.

Judg
10-08-2007, 07:30 AM
Life is good today because after a few side trips, Life is back on track for me.

And I'm getting married to a fantastic woman this Saturday.

Yup. All is well.
Ace! I just read this now, so please accept my belated and heartfelt congratulations! That is awesome!

:PartySmil

Carole
10-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Life is good! I say it so often that my MIL sends me everything she finds with that saying on it. My favorite T-shirt is a worn out "Life Is Good" shirt.

Today, life is good because I got to spend the day relaxing with Mr. Vagabond, we learned that we are getting a nice, leather living room suite from a co-worker's mom who gets tired of thing easily AND we also learned that we are getting the money (Thanks, MIL!!) to finish the repairs on the house so we can move in by the end of November.

That's a lotta good stuff for one day! :)

JennaGlatzer
10-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Life is good today because I learned that even when she is teething and has a cold, my sweet baby girl smiles anyway.

DamaNegra
10-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Life is good because I just spent the entire day as an extra for a short film made by some kids in the school. I'm lucky if my elbow even made it to a frame but I had a lot of fun :D

threedogpeople
10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Life is good today because the sun shined for a few hours, after a raging rain storm. All of the leaves were shiny and clean and looked fantastic while the sun was shining. Gold, red, orange, yellow...WOW!

Life is good because there is only ONE more day before the house gets totally turned over to the flooring guys and they do the work that we've been saving, waiting and planning for for the last 5 years! YAY!

I got to talk with my Mom again, my old doggie is sleeping better and I'm munching on a bag of organic, baby cut carrots.

Judy

Jo
10-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Life is good today because I got my car back--after a year of repairs and chasing engine parts from all over Australia and overseas. All because a butterfly on the intake manifold broke and got chewed up by the valves (things just got worse from there). This year has been one delay after another, so I'm hoping we're moving forward now.

Carole
10-08-2007, 03:38 PM
It's a good day today because my older son got up on the first try, he isn't arguing about taking turns with the bathroom, Mr. Vagabond kissed me and told me that he loves me when he left for work, he isn't working in Kentucky this week so he'll be home every night, and it looks like I may actually be on time for work myself!

Leah J. Utas
10-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Life is good for me today because my husband was able to come home for Thanksgiving. He had the time to go to his garden and bring in the veggies and today we have the time to get them blanched and frozen.

scarletpeaches
10-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Life is good because I are has jobz. :D

Judg
10-09-2007, 06:31 AM
Life is good because my almost-empty nest makes it easier to write.

melaniehoo
10-09-2007, 06:34 AM
Life is good because my husband installed our countertop/sink in the bathroom. We've had a hole for a couple months and now I can spread out all my crap!

Siddow
10-09-2007, 06:36 AM
Life is good today because my baby boy got up four times from his bed to tell me, "When you go to sleep tonight, I'm going to come snuggle you."

And it's the same thing he says every night, and I wake up every morning with him wrapped about my head.

poetinahat
10-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Life is good because, last night, I had time to watch TV. I flipped around and found -- oho! -- MADSTOCK, a Madness concert from 1992. Then, when that ended, I flipped around again... and found -- aha! -- a David Bowie concert from the Ziggy Stardust era.

One Step Beyond... Spiders from Mars. Sweeeeet.

SpookyWriter
10-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Life is good because, last night, I had time to watch TV. I flipped around and found -- oho! -- MADSTOCK, a Madness concert from 1992. Then, when that ended, I flipped around again... and found -- aha! -- a David Bowie concert from the Ziggy Stardust era.

One Step Beyond... Spiders from Mars. Sweeeeet.So you purchased the Magnavox series from the '70s.

poetinahat
10-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Yes. It was extra, but worth it for the pre-Mariah Carey hardware.

SpookyWriter
10-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Yes. It was extra, but worth it for the pre-Mariah Carey hardware.She's still hot no matter what color t.v. you watch her wiggle.

poetinahat
10-09-2007, 07:05 AM
Aaaaaanyway, back to the topic.

SpookyWriter
10-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Aaaaaanyway, back to the topic.There was a topic?

PrettySpecialGal
10-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Life is good.

SpookyWriter
10-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Life is good.Okay.

louisgodwin
10-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Life is good because the Cowboys still managed to squeak out a win tonight despite the god-awful performance of their quarterback.

PrettySpecialGal
10-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Okay.
So you agree, Spooky?

SpookyWriter
10-09-2007, 09:03 AM
So you agree, Spooky?What was the question?

louisgodwin
10-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Spooky, it's time to put down the blunt. I've think you've had enough for the night! :D