I don't think that's how the female anatomy works WARNING Frank discussion

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
I was reading a book on drug use in sports, fascinated by the descriptions of the methods athletes use to beat the drug tests, when I came across this.

Female athletes also catheterize clean urine directly into the bladder, through the vagina. --- Inside Dope : How drugs are the biggest threat to sports, by Dick Pound

That just doesn't sound right to me. Surely the author meant "through the urethra", because I think it'd take surgery to get to the bladder from the vagina.

That was a very odd thing to read in a published book.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

That's umm . . . certainly odd, and not likely, but then, neither is the author's name.

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Well the name would imply familiarity with the vagina, but the information is off. My wife's a nurse, one cannot cathaterize that way. Cathaterization goes through the urethra or the ureter for women and correspondingly men. The tube is pushed up through the pathway til it enters the bladder and a small bulb is inflated to keep the cathater in place.

Short term, men can get away with a Texas Cathater, which is like a condom with a tube to the fill bag. This will cause skin irritation and ulceration if left in place too long.

Regards,
Scott

J. R. Tomlin

Banned
Reaction score
I was reading a book on drug use in sports, fascinated by the descriptions of the methods athletes use to beat the drug tests, when I came across this.

That just doesn't sound right to me. Surely the author meant "through the urethra", because I think it'd take surgery to get to the bladder from the vagina.

That was a very odd thing to read in a published book.
:D That had to have come from a male who has never met much less done anything else with a woman. Wow. And speaking of editing--

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pound, right. I bet it's under 12 ounces.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's umm . . . certainly odd, and not likely, but then, neither is the author's name.
Actually, Dick Pound is one of my most respected countrymen and is Chairman of the World Anti Doping Agency. He has been involved in Olympic movement for nearly half a century.

With that said, the juxtaposition of that glaring error and his name is pretty bad.

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
I just have to say that he has an unfortunate name. Can't he just go by Richard? Ricky? Rich? ANYTHING else? DX

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
Smart (read stupid) cheating athletes don't catheterize backwards, they simply go for bladder clamping.

**This brought to you by someone who has been made to pee in a cup by the USOC three times in the past year.**

Those bastards love waking you up at 6am, or pulling you to the side at a track meet when you only have 40 min between events. ;)

Deleted member 42

Warning: Discussion of female sexual anatomy

Umm the urethra is located IN the vagina. The opening of it anyway. Maybe he meant it that way!

No. That's just wrong.

The urethra is located in the vulva, not the vagina; the opening is between the clitoris and the vagina, inside the labia, but above and definitely external to the vaginal opening; it may be obscured by the clitoral hood or the labia, given the variations in female anatomy.

Keep in mind that the vagina or birth canal is merely a part of the vulva, the entire collection of female genitalia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redhedd

Demon Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no, the boo-boos are much higher up, on the front of the torso.

(Ahem. Sorry, couldn't resist. That's what my 3-year old calls them. [g])

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
About the new-and-improved subject line, isn't the discussion about Mary rather than Frank?

<g,d&r>

J. R. Tomlin

Banned
Reaction score
Umm the urethra is located IN the vagina. The opening of it anyway. Maybe he meant it that way!
ummmm no. The opening of the urethra is not located IN the vagina. You must pee REAL different than I do if that's where yours is. :D

And actually this whole thread screams SERIOUS confusion. And I really don't think the urethra is part of the "female sexual anatomy" -- honestly.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

It scares me that some men still think that's how we work. Some don't even realize there are two different, er, holes.

Neither do a heck of a lot of women; given that, honestly, I'm thinkin' how are guys supposed to know?

Please . . . spare me the obvious rejoinders . . . I know what you're thinking in the peanut gallery.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I'm most thinking "hey, where are my peanuts?" But then I ran out of any purient interest in genitalia and other talia 10-12 erotic novellas ago.

J. R. Tomlin

Banned
Reaction score
Neither do a heck of a lot of women; given that, honestly, I'm thinkin' how are guys supposed to know?

Please . . . spare me the obvious rejoinders . . . I know what you're thinking in the peanut gallery.
I don't know any women who aren't perfectly well aware that they don't pee out of the vagina, medievalist. And any man who is that ignorant--well, honestly, it doesn't even bare thinking on. Purient interests would be strictly wasted with someone that ignorant. And a man would have to be working at staying ignorant if he had ever done anything --shall we say purient. :D

As my daughter once said when she was about three -- "What is it that you call what boys have, Mommy? Peanuts?"

So comments from the peanut gallery are quite all right.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
As a nurse (I always have to qualify medical/A&P comments that way, apparently), I can honestly say, sometimes...and I do mean RARELY ... one must explore the vaginal opening to find the urethra. There are times when the urethra is lower than one expects, but it's still a distinctly different opening. On more than one occasion, I've had to ask co-workers to hold a flashlight (and something else) to find the urethra, especially on obese or elderly patients.

That's why some people would rather cath men. There's no mistake where the opening is. However, I usually wound up with guys who had bad prostates and that's just not fun for anyone except maybe serious S&M players.

And the urethra can actually be used in a sexual context by those who are into that sort of thing (and not just WS). There are links online if you want to see how it's done.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Comments on this from both sides of the Gallery are welcome. However, I ask that posts concentrate on the Science Fact of things, as presented by the OP, or we let the discussion drop. The personal commentaries of boy/girl differences, while humorous (LOL, Perks!) are better suited to Office Party.

Thanks, all.