PDA

View Full Version : Don't sit down

blacbird
10-01-2007, 07:25 AM
. . . at least not the way I did last night. I was descending the stairs in my house, barefoot, just prior to going to bed, caught my heel on the bottom step, and that bastard gravity took over. Gravity has been out to get me for a long time, and finally did. I went straight down, backwards, and caught my tailbone directly on the edge of that step.

Today I am sorer than a Mets fan at a Phillie playoff game. Nothing serious, no real injury, just a bruise that will take a few days to wear off.

But I'm gonna get back at that bastard, gravity, if it's the last thing I ever do.

caw

Azraelsbane
10-01-2007, 07:27 AM
I read the thread title and thought, "Oh shit, I'm screwed." ;)

Hope your backside feels better soon.

TrainofThought
10-01-2007, 07:29 AM
My tailbone hurts reading this post. Hope you feel better.

If you figure out how to fight gravity, can you let me know, my breasts and butt can use a lift. :D

SpookyWriter
10-01-2007, 07:34 AM
My tailbone hurts reading this post. Hope you feel better.

If you figure out how to fight gravity, can you let me know, my breasts and butt can use a lift. :DBlac might just be the person to speak with. :D

Hey Blac, lay off the booze next time.

JoNightshade
10-01-2007, 07:39 AM
I feel a story coming on...

This is on our honeymoon. We rented a little coastal cabin with a lofted bedroom. The whole place was on the elderly side, and the carpeted stairs up to the bedroom were all bowed and the carpet was coming off of the steps. We were there for a week, and the first few days we kept tripping up and down the stairs. Finally, one night my husband is coming down. He's on maybe the second or third step from the top when he loses it. I hear this big "WHUMP" and he comes sliding ALL THE WAY down the stairs. Needless to say, this was our honeymoon, so he didn't really have any protection in the way of clothing. He spent the rest of the week nursing a HUGE rug burn on his hip. :)

Voyager
10-01-2007, 07:41 AM
I read the thread title and thought, "Oh shit, I'm screwed." ;)

Hope your backside feels better soon.

LMAO, awwww, don't worry, Az, if it's a realy emergency, we'll come prop you up til the dangers over, honey. :Hug2:

JLCwrites
10-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Our stairs are carpeted with extra thick padding, so if my feet are only on the edge of the stair, I am taking a tumble! Luckily... the carpet has extra thick padding. ;)

Azraelsbane
10-01-2007, 08:01 AM
LMAO, awwww, don't worry, Az, if it's a realy emergency, we'll come prop you up til the dangers over, honey. :Hug2:

Ooh, you guys can grab me by the arms and sling me around like a marionette! We'll need a video camera. Good times! :ROFL:

mkcbunny
10-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Crap. You OK? Sounds awful.

Old boyfriend of mine did the same and couldn't step off a curb for more than six months ...

P.H.Delarran
10-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Yikes-your tail bone could hurt for years and years to come.
I say this because I came down on a sissy bar with mine when I was ten, and it still hurts if it's bumped in the wrong spot.

seun
10-01-2007, 01:12 PM
I took a dive down some stairs about ten years ago. Just as I reached the bottom, I bounced on a step (hitting my tailbone), came up and hit the centre of my head on the edge of the bannister. Five stitches in the middle of my head and ten years later, I still have the scar.

The pain in my head was bad enough but with hitting my back as well...I may have used some bad language.

Serenity
10-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Ha! Amateurs! I had a friend who managed to fall up the stairs! Yes, apparently it can be done. :wag:

seun
10-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Ha! Amateurs! I had a friend who managed to fall up the stairs! Yes, apparently it can be done. :wag:

Pfft. Did that at my eighteenth.

It were grand :D

aadams73
10-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Pfft. Did that at my eighteenth.

It were grand :D

Me too. Then I crawled into the bathroom, locked the door, and passed out. Boy, were my parents surprised. And by surprised I mean horrified and furious.

seun
10-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Me too. Then I crawled into the bathroom, locked the door, and passed out. Boy, were my parents surprised. And by surprised I mean horrified and furious.

What it is to be young and stupid. :D

Maryn
10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
I broke my tailbone doing that, oh, about 15 years ago. It's like a toe--the doctors don't really do a thing for it except realign bones if they're way out of wack. I think I got one cortisone shot at about the six month mark.

I could sit down okay, but getting up from a hard surface could bring tears to my eyes. We bought our present dining room chairs (thickly upholstered) partly because of that injury.

It only bothered me for three years or so. You'll be fine!

Maryn, laughing maniacally

sunna
10-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Needless to say, this was our honeymoon, so he didn't really have any protection in the way of clothing. He spent the rest of the week nursing a HUGE rug burn on his hip. :)

:ROFL: I think you're supposed to get rugburn on your honeymoon?

But probably not that way. :D

Hope you feel better, blacbird: a sore tailbone's a bitch. And if you figure out how to get gravity, let me know. I have a few scores to settle too...

MidnightMuse
10-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Ouch! This is why I have a house w/o stairs.

My mother has a house with 2 staircases. I think she's trying to kill us all.

Soccer Mom
10-01-2007, 06:48 PM
When I was 7 mos pregnant with my second kid, I was carrying my eldest (2yo at the time) down the stairs when I slipped, fell backwards onto my rear and skidded all the way down to the bottom. I was shaken and horrified, but my son threw up his arms in the air like he was on a coaster.

"Wheeee! Do it again, Mommy!"

Uh, no. I don't recommend "butt surfing" down the stairs. Not funny except in retropect. (Both kids and I were just fine, but I was mighty sore for a bit.)