PDA

View Full Version : Web sites for authors

Mags
02-13-2005, 11:35 AM
I noticed in one of the threads that a couple of members are talking about hosting for a website. I designed and run several sites and also work as a website administrator for a law firm, and I'm willing to answer questions on web design.

I should add I'm not much of a programmer, though I know a touch of PHP, so I can't give much information on e-commerce sites, but for making basic static brochure sites, I can help out with information on buying domains, hosting, etc.

I'm not much of a fan of WYSIWYG sitebuilding software--I find it much too limiting--so I can't give much specific help with software, but I can help with HTML and XHTML and CSS coding. I also run several blogs and can answer questions about blogs.

CACTUSWENDY
02-14-2005, 10:34 AM
:snoopy: that's really nice of you.....when i finally get to do mine...i hope to look you up......

thanks.......~~Wendy~~:Sun:

triceretops
02-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Mags, that's awesome to know that. I'm impressed. I'm caveman at the keys so when I'm ready I'll need a guide like you.

Tri

Richard
02-15-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm not much of a fan of WYSIWYG sitebuilding software--I find it much too limiting--so I can't give much specific help with software, but I can help with HTML and XHTML and CSS coding.

I know my way around those (see link below for my site), if anyone needs a hand with them, along with CMS systems, wikis, blogging tools and the like. The web's something I write tutorials about professionally on a pretty regular basis, so just let me know if anyone needs any help on anything ;-)

(And yeah, I know I should be using more alt tags...)

biotales
02-15-2005, 05:00 PM
:Hammer:
So what are you saying here... that I can not blame the putter anymore when I design something....
I have always figured that it was not the designer but the putters fault...

Richard
02-15-2005, 06:49 PM
So what are you saying here... that I can not blame the putter anymore when I design something....

Nonononononono - if anything goes wrong, blame 'bloody Internet Explorer'. Trust me. It's your Get Out Of Jail Free card.

biotales
02-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Nonononononono - if anything goes wrong, blame 'bloody Internet Explorer'. Trust me. It's your Get Out Of Jail Free card.
:roll: I WILL , I WILL

Mags
02-16-2005, 10:21 PM

*nods emphatically*

(Firefox Rox!)

Medievalist
02-17-2005, 11:00 AM
I'd be glad to help as well; like Richard, I've used and written about and taught others to use a variety of blogs, CMSs, Wikis, and good old HTML.

Like Mags, I tend to use a text editor.

John Ravenscroft
02-17-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm caveman at the keys

Ha!

Nice image. I shall have to steal it.

Richard
02-17-2005, 09:05 PM
"OGG DEMAND W3 COMPLIANCE!"