• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Web sites for authors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mags

hanging out in near-permanent lurkdom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tilneysandtrapdoors.com
I noticed in one of the threads that a couple of members are talking about hosting for a website. I designed and run several sites and also work as a website administrator for a law firm, and I'm willing to answer questions on web design.

I should add I'm not much of a programmer, though I know a touch of PHP, so I can't give much information on e-commerce sites, but for making basic static brochure sites, I can help out with information on buying domains, hosting, etc.

I'm not much of a fan of WYSIWYG sitebuilding software--I find it much too limiting--so I can't give much specific help with software, but I can help with HTML and XHTML and CSS coding. I also run several blogs and can answer questions about blogs.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy: that's really nice of you.....when i finally get to do mine...i hope to look you up......

thanks.......~~Wendy~~:Sun:

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
Mags said:
I'm not much of a fan of WYSIWYG sitebuilding software--I find it much too limiting--so I can't give much specific help with software, but I can help with HTML and XHTML and CSS coding.

I know my way around those (see link below for my site), if anyone needs a hand with them, along with CMS systems, wikis, blogging tools and the like. The web's something I write tutorials about professionally on a pretty regular basis, so just let me know if anyone needs any help on anything ;-)

(And yeah, I know I should be using more alt tags...)

Last edited:

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
:Hammer:
So what are you saying here... that I can not blame the putter anymore when I design something....
I have always figured that it was not the designer but the putters fault...

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
biotales said:
So what are you saying here... that I can not blame the putter anymore when I design something....

Nonononononono - if anything goes wrong, blame 'bloody Internet Explorer'. Trust me. It's your Get Out Of Jail Free card.

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
Richard said:
Nonononononono - if anything goes wrong, blame 'bloody Internet Explorer'. Trust me. It's your Get Out Of Jail Free card.
:roll: I WILL , I WILL

Deleted member 42

I'd be glad to help as well; like Richard, I've used and written about and taught others to use a variety of blogs, CMSs, Wikis, and good old HTML.

Like Mags, I tend to use a text editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.