explain the problem, or let it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piscesgirl80

Friendly Neighborhood Fish
Registered
Reaction score
I have problems off and on with the attachments feature on my email account. Either it won't allow me to attach a document, or even more strangely, it will add random attachments to emails where I haven't added them.

Today, I was sending out a sub to Market #2 that specifically requests the poetry in the body of the email (which I did), and says NO ATTACHMENTS, but noticed after the email had gone through that my account had added the attachment it would not add the when I had tried to submit the same materials to Market #1. (The attachment is the same poems submitted in the body of the email, but is unfortunately titled Market #1.)

Should I write a follow up email to Market #2 explaining the problems I've been having, and that I had followed the guidelines (but my computer was conspiring against me? ;) ) or just let it go?

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
It wouldn't hurt to write a nice little follow-up note and explain why your e-mail to them was weird. It's probably happened a fair number of times to them.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
I had the same problem last week. I was sending in a query and wanted to attach clips and my resume to the email . . . but they didn't transmit. So, I sent the editor a "take 2!" email explaining what happened and this time the proper materials transmitted successfully. She replied thanking me, so it worked out well. My stomach always does a little flip when technology doesn't do what it should.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I have g-mail, but that doesn't protect against User Dumb-ness.

True story. I went to send a short story to a magazine editor I know, just a little while ago. Went to attach, attached, sent the e-mail off, and he wrote back, hugely amused...because I'd accidentally clicked one file UP and sent him a random picture of my cats.... :)

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
As long as the submission was in the body of the e-mail, I wouldn't worry about it. They likely won't open the attachment anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.