Okay, it's Marilyn. :)

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I lost the thread I started here a while ago where I said I'd come back and announce who my next bio was about when the deal was official. It's official. I'm writing a Marilyn Monroe biography, to be published by Barnes & Noble. :) It's going to be along the same lines as the Celine one I did, with tons of photos and removable memorabilia. Should be a beauty!

The big challenge, of course, is to figure out what hasn't already been written about her extensively. So I'm trying to track down interviewees who are off the beaten track. Know anyone? :D

Let the nail biting commence! I have only 4 months to write it, so it's crunch time already. Wheeee!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
4 months? Wow Jenna! congrats on the big book, but I imagine this is much more difficult since you can't talk to your subject and have to go off of dated material to find a new angle.
Wow - you've got your work cut out for you.

(and your avatar is a beauty! Sarina is getting so big - what a cutie - and you look fabulous and incredibly happy!)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Jenna, much good luck and know you'll do fabulously and it'll be a bestseller! Congratulations and way2go! Sounds exciting!

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Thanks, Trish and Susie!

Trish, yep, this one is a huge challenge. From what I've read, there have been about 700 biographies of Marilyn. 700! I've read 5 of them so far... 695 to go. ;)

P.S. Thanks for the avatar compliment! She does make me very happy. She's a little daredevil, though... 6 months old and she crawls, stands, and is seriously attempting to walk. She lets go, turns, and *boom* falls on her butt. Again and again. Totally fun, but I can't be more than a foot away from her at any point!

Last edited:

Saundra Julian

A work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
How wonderful, Jenna, congratulations.
I know there must be undisclosed information out there and I wish I knew where to send you. I've always thought Marilyn's death was murder. Could it be that the people who knew the real story were threatened and afraid to tell the truth? Yeah, I think so but most of them are dead now so you do have a daunting task. Good luck and be sure to let us know when your book is available.

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with the biography, Jenna! Look forward to reading (and perhaps reviewing) it. :)

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
A book about Marilyn in four months? I'd be pulling out my hair over that, but of course it would only be the dark ones leaving a weave of gray. I don't know anyone personally that has ever come into contact with her but would think an interesting angle would be a book about the people she has influenced. So many stars in pop culture get the "she's so much like Marilyn", such as Madonna, Gwen Stefani, or Anna Nicole Smith. That's my limited input on the subject. Congrats and good luck!

Pike

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Congrats! That's an awesome one to do! Wow. So cool...good luck and have fun.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
That is so cool. Break a leg, Jenna.

When can we look forward to the MM subforum? :D

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, congratulations, Jenna ! If anyone can pull this off in 4 months and make it fantastic, I'm sure it's you :)

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
wow, that is so cool! Congratulations!

Do you have a favorite Marilyn Monroe film?

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I saw a 'History's Mysteries' on Marilyn some months ago... it was excellent in its presentation of the details of her death, complete with analysis of the autopsy results. I believe it's a 'must see' for this type of assignment. Amazon has it for $24.95. Good luck, Jenna!

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
I lost the thread I started here a while ago where I said I'd come back and announce who my next bio was about when the deal was official. It's official. I'm writing a Marilyn Monroe biography, to be published by Barnes & Noble. :) It's going to be along the same lines as the Celine one I did, with tons of photos and removable memorabilia. Should be a beauty!

The big challenge, of course, is to figure out what hasn't already been written about her extensively. So I'm trying to track down interviewees who are off the beaten track. Know anyone? :D

Let the nail biting commence! I have only 4 months to write it, so it's crunch time already. Wheeee!

That's so exciting Jenna! Lol, you could probably get Elton John to give you a good preface- not from knowing her, but because of immortalizing her in such a world famous song. I'll bet he's run into people that know her. I'm friends with an artist who's done quite a bit of work for Elton John and could ask her if there's a way to make contact. Email me if you're interested.

Nate

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Wow! This is exciting! Congratulations! My mother and I used to work for her first husband, Jim, about seventeen years ago. It was a very interested experience! I might have his book around here somewhere . . .

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Congratulations! You've sure got a legendary figure to write about - I've heard so much about her, the Presidential connection, the Elton John song(!) which was of course redone for Diana's funeral...and I'm not even a Marilyn fan or even a movie fan at all.

Let the nail biting commence! I have only 4 months to write it, so it's crunch time already.
Never met or seen him but I know that Elton John lives in Atlanta - while it won't give you direct info on Marilyn, you might see if he'll talk about the inspiration for "Candle in The Wind," that song certainly became a part of the legend that surrounds her.
Jenna, ahem ... did you have anything to do with my current signature?

Aww, don't worry about it, just get to work on that bio - when you're done and have it submitted and all, we'll pick this up again on the "Flaming banana pit" thread...

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Wow. Congratulations, Jenna! I don't really know anything about Marilyn other than watching a few TV movies about her. Oh and I know a couple of places where her ghost supposedly haunts now, but I don't think that is much help to you. Good luck with the book!

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Jenna! You've got your work cut out for you. Just don't miss those first baby-steps (Sarina's adorable). :)