Booklist gave me a good review!

Susan Breen

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, it's a lovely review and I am so proud. And relieved!!!!

They said, in part:

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']"This is a poignant yet amusing tale of family relationships rendered even more satisfying by Breen's dispensing of Strunk & White–like advice."[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Yahoo! [/FONT]

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Way to go, Susan! But what did they mean about the dispensing of Strunk & White part? And, wow, they're reviewing it early! (I'm assuming this is the book coming out in February.)

Susan Breen

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks

Way to go, Susan! But what did they mean about the dispensing of Strunk & White part? And, wow, they're reviewing it early! (I'm assuming this is the book coming out in February.)

Thank you, Jenna. I don't know what they mean by the Strunk & White part. The main character teaches a fiction class, but there's no talk of grammar. However, it's all good! As long as they didn't say "Breen is responsible for the decline in quality of publishing," I'm happy. (Not that there is a decline in the quality of publishing.)

Mud Dauber

writing on the wall
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Susan! The title and cover of your book caught my eye before, on a different thread when I saw your avatar.:) It sounds like an interesting story, something I'd definitely read. Though I had to laugh when I saw that the Booklist reviewer on Amazon described your MC as "middle-aged".:eek: She's only 38, right? Same age as me. I thought middle-aged is more like 50. What, was your reviewer only 20 years old?:e2shrug:

Anyhow. Good luck and keep us posted when it's officially released.