My dog got hit by a car and they did not stop!

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I just needed to rant! My dog Bear (Avatar) was struck by a car this morning and the jerk did not even stop. Thankfully he is ok other than being a banged up. My other lab Sarah, who is a runner, got loose so my husband gets a great idea to let the other dog loose to go find her. I think he thought Bear was Lassie or something. This is at 7a.m., right as the school bus is arriving, people are leaving to go to work, a really hectic time in the ole neighborhood. From what I hear this jerk hits my dog and drives off. My daughter sees Bear making a beeline to home, his face bloody (road rash) and his left side and legs are banged up. I admit my husband did not make the brightest choice in the world, but the jerk should have at least stopped! I feel horrible if I hit a racoon, much less someones pet. I hope I can figure out who the person is so I can give them a piece of my mind. Just needed to get it off my chest. I know to some people I sound crazy, but he's like a son to me...........and how was your day?

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I pray they get a flat tire! And bump their nose on the steering wheel. And the blood runs into their mouth and makes them choke. And they turn blue just long enough to panick. Causing the passenger to panick and slap them on the back. Hard. A few times.

Glad your pooch is okay.

Some people suck.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. What terri said. Only twice. I hope pooch is okay.

>''<

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Your dog has a nice face. Hopefully, the prick driver will have something horrible to them as punishment.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh good LORD ! People make me crazy.

Are you sure Bear is okay? DO keep on eye on him all day today, make sure he's eating/drinking/peeing w/o blood, stuff like that. I'm sure he's just bruised.

And a POX on that driver ! :rant:

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I just needed to rant! My dog Bear (Avatar) was struck by a car this morning and the jerk did not even stop. Thankfully he is ok other than being a banged up. My other lab Sarah, who is a runner, got loose so my husband gets a great idea to let the other dog loose to go find her. I think he thought Bear was Lassie or something. This is at 7a.m., right as the school bus is arriving, people are leaving to go to work, a really hectic time in the ole neighborhood. From what I hear this jerk hits my dog and drives off. My daughter sees Bear making a beeline to home, his face bloody (road rash) and his left side and legs are banged up. I admit my husband did not make the brightest choice in the world, but the jerk should have at least stopped! I feel horrible if I hit a racoon, much less someones pet. I hope I can figure out who the person is so I can give them a piece of my mind. Just needed to get it off my chest. I know to some people I sound crazy, but he's like a son to me...........and how was your day?

BASTARDS!!!

I don't enjoy dog saliva, but I love your doggy avatar! I hope he/she's doing ok.

Another reason I can't have a dog - I'm too paranoid of accidents. My heart stops when I see a runner.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
OMG! I'm so glad Bear is okay. I can't believe the driver didn't even stop.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I think that's awful! Some people are so set on getting to work in the morning they wouldn't care what they hit with their damn car, squirrels, dogs, a couple of kids, so what? As if work would suddenly disappear if they didn't get in before 9 am.

What a jerk to not even stop, and your poor wee doggie. Aw.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
He is already spoiled beyond rotten and the way I'm treating him today he is going to end up being totally worthless. All his bones seem to be moving ok and I've watched him pee and there is no blood. He just seems to be sore as well as eating up all the attention he's getting. This is my husbands baby so I'm positive he's having a shitty day. Of course I didn't help his feelings any by asking him did he think Bear was Lassie. The poor guy knows how much I love this crazy dog. I won't let him take the dog boating at night because I'm afraid something will happen to him. Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
If youse finds the idiot that did this, let me know. Me and the boys will pay him a little visit.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
If youse finds the idiot that did this, let me know. Me and the boys will pay him a little visit.
I hear the sound of a baseball bat slapping a palm in your post. I like it.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Hey - I had a dog named Bear (best dog ever, may he RIP) and this doubly pisses me off... I'm glad your Bear seems ok and if you find the guy... well.. let's just say there's plenty of room at Giants Stadium (especially since it turns out Hoffa's not there after all)...

I'm wishing a bleeding, itchy rash in the nether regions of that POS driver... **goes to get Everyday Person voodoo doll**

plnelson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pnart.com
I think that's awful! Some people are so set on getting to work in the morning they wouldn't care what they hit with their damn car, squirrels, dogs, a couple of kids, so what? As if work would suddenly disappear if they didn't get in before 9 am.

What a jerk to not even stop, and your poor wee doggie. Aw.

More than a jerk - in many states hit-and-run of a domestic animal is a serious crime. Were there any witnesses? Put some ads up in that neighborhod and see if you can find some witnesses. Then a judge can give that driver what's coming to them.

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
You know this is a tad bit freaky.
Between 6:30-7:00AM my husband was on his way to a Microsoft conference in another town. When I got to work at 8am I had an email that said Dog Call Me.
I opened up the attachment and there is this HUGE Great Pyrenees dog laying on his side in front of my husbands company car. The car had it's front bumper smashed in.
What happened was he was driving along, saw some ones flashers blinking on the right hand side of the road, so he went to get in to the left lane (road was a 4 lane, 2 lanes going each way) to avoid the car. What he didn't see was this huge dog sitting in the middle of the road until mere seconds before he struck it with the car. My husband immediately got out, called the police and waited for some one to arrive. He had to pull the dog out of the road with the help of the man who was the one with the blinkers on. Apparently the guy with the blinkers seen the dog sitting in the road, it had been hit already, and was trying to coax it to him. Scared the dog might bite he would not go near it. Well, the dog was rushed away to a vets office by the police officer who was a pet lover obviously, and my husband gave him his cell number so he could be notified of what happened. Having no choice he went to the conference...he got there an hour and a half late BUT at least he STOPPED.
We have a Great Pyrenees, so it was almost like our dog was hurt.
That's great your dog was okay. Be grateful!!
Sadly this dog wasn't so lucky, he died a few hours later. I am just glad my husband didn't swerve and hit either the man on the side of the road, traffic coming at him, or wreck period!!

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
You know this is a tad bit freaky.
Between 6:30-7:00AM my husband was on his way to a Microsoft conference in another town. When I got to work at 8am I had an email that said Dog Call Me.
I opened up the attachment and there is this HUGE Great Pyrenees dog laying on his side in front of my husbands company car. The car had it's front bumper smashed in.
What happened was he was driving along, saw some ones flashers blinking on the right hand side of the road, so he went to get in to the left lane (road was a 4 lane, 2 lanes going each way) to avoid the car. What he didn't see was this huge dog sitting in the middle of the road until mere seconds before he struck it with the car. My husband immediately got out, called the police and waited for some one to arrive. He had to pull the dog out of the road with the help of the man who was the one with the blinkers on. Apparently the guy with the blinkers seen the dog sitting in the road, it had been hit already, and was trying to coax it to him. Scared the dog might bite he would not go near it. Well, the dog was rushed away to a vets office by the police officer who was a pet lover obviously, and my husband gave him his cell number so he could be notified of what happened. Having no choice he went to the conference...he got there an hour and a half late BUT at least he STOPPED.
We have a Great Pyrenees, so it was almost like our dog was hurt.
That's great your dog was okay. Be grateful!!
Sadly this dog wasn't so lucky, he died a few hours later. I am just glad my husband didn't swerve and hit either the man on the side of the road, traffic coming at him, or wreck period!!

What a way to start off your day! At least your husband stopped. My dog got hit in a neighborhood, it wasn't like he was on a freeway or big highway. I always say gossip travels faster than the telephone company in this place, so I'm sure it won't be long before I know who did this.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
This is my husbands baby so I'm positive he's having a shitty day. Of course I didn't help his feelings any by asking him did he think Bear was Lassie.

Awww.....I've got happy tears now. Thanks.

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I hope you find out who did it, or at least some one will come by later today.
Who knows? People do crazy things.
My husband better be glad he stopped, or he would have never gotten through the door when he got home with out getting screamed at!!

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Now I feel terrible for my husband. A friend of mine just called to say he just stopped by their house because he got off early. He's scared to come home because he thinks I'm going to kill him for letting the dog out and it got hit by a car. I think he's just driving around killing time before he has to come home. I know I can be a tough old cookie but I didn't realize I was such a bitch and he was so scared of me. It wasn't like he planned on the dog getting hit..........he just thinks Bear is the smartest dog in the world and would pull a Lassie by saving our other dog.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Poor Bear! I'm so glad he's okay.

As for the sick f**k who didn't bother to stop...Well I hope that person has a nice cozy encounter with a telephone pole. Some people really make me want to puke.

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, that's awful! I bet you were all very upset, I hope Bear is truly okay. People like that really tick me off, I mean you don't run off after an accident and that is what it was, so maybe someone saw something and will come let you know who it was. :(

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
LOL, another sad tale....my life is full of them, maybe I need to write drama/tragedies.

Last Thursday my cat got killed by a neighborhood dog. I sorta said something along the lines of "If you wouldn't have decided to let the cats use the cat door a few months ago, this would never have happened."

I felt like a real b**** after that.
Our cats were strictly in door cats until we bought a house that had a cat door and my husband decided to give them a little freedom.