My Garbage Exploded

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
and now my house smells. Fortunately it happended on the tile floor but I can't get rid of the smell. I'm find it hard to write while the stench of rotting produce is turning my stomach.

Any suggestions to get rid of the smell? I don't like air fresheners but I'm about to pour cologne on the floor. Would citrus work?

Vomit.

oswann

Grumpy
Registered
Reaction score
In some smarty pants place like everyone else writ
and now my house smells. Fortunately it happended on the tile floor but I can't get rid of the smell. I'm find it hard to write while the stench of rotting produce is turning my stomach.

Any suggestions to get rid of the smell? I don't like air fresheners but I'm about to pour cologne on the floor. Would citrus work?

Vomit.

I wouldn't try vomit if I were you, you're house would probably smell worse.

Os.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Hon, I told you not to light the firecrackers before you threw them away.

melaniehoo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Hon, I told you not to light the firecrackers before you threw them away.

Sorry, I farted.

I wish that's all it smelled like. :) Vomit might be a closer description. Makes me wish we didn't eat so healthy - it was all produce, eggs & meat. Nothing odorless like chips or cookies.

melaniehoo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Cattle prod, now there's an idea. He was the one carrying it when it burst & he did the dirty work of cleaning it up. I just held the new bag & mopped afterwards. He's good abuot taking it out when I remove it from the can and hand it to him.

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
Cattle prod, now there's an idea. He was the one carrying it when it burst & he did the dirty work of cleaning it up. I just held the new bag & mopped afterwards. He's good abuot taking it out when I remove it from the can and hand it to him.

I sense a disturbance in the garbage force, Melanie. Could it be that you were using "wimpy wimpy wimpy" bags?

plnelson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pnart.com

Vomit.

Ha!

That will teach you not to compost! People who put perfectly good rotting produce in the garbage deserve whatever disgusting, horrible fate befalls them. ;)

I'm a gardener so I compost my discarded produce. Everything you see in this picture, including the happy gardner in the middle, is the product of compost and cow manure . . .

butternutnut2007gradm.jpg

Imagine that you were a rotting cucumber. (go ahead - I dare you) Wouldn't you rather be reincarnated as rutabaga ("reincartnated as a rutabaga" ... hmmm .... OK, I'm copyrighting that) or as a butternut squash instead of spending eternity in a city landfill next to some old pampers and empty cans of hairspray?

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Put 10 bags of microwave popcorn in and set it to 30 minutes.

No charge.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Since nobody's gonna help poor Melanie --

Try putting a big, shallow dish of ammonia in the room. I forgot where I heard this trick, but for ambient odors, it does seem to help. And I don't remember it just being a matter of masking it with the nose-hair-curling burn of ammonia either.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
White vinegar. Wash it down with vinegar.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score

melaniehoo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Put 10 bags of microwave popcorn in and set it to 30 minutes.

No charge.

I was about to respond that I killed the microwave a few weeks ago making multiple bags of popcorn when my husband walked in with it. It's fixed!

I would compost but we're in a fourth floor condo so it might be tricky.

Ammonia, vinegar & bleach all sound good. But not together because I don't need another explosion on my hands. Since DH is home I'll make him fix it. :)

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Ammonia and bleach mixed together is supposed to produce lethal fumes so don't do that.