Status
Not open for further replies.

donut

fame-seeking floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
telepathicparanoia.com
I've got eight queries out and I haven't heard back from anyone in ages! It's driving me crazy... I'd suspect I forgot to stamp my SASEs, except these were all email queries, so that can't be it. Anybody else out there stuck in limbo?

I guess it could be worse -- we've got some old People magazines, and there's a water cooler in the corner.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You do realize email queries often don't reply when the answer is No Thank You ?

I'm waiting on 2 snail queries and 3 sent partials - which usually take 6-12 months and I'm only in month 4 of the earliest one :Shrug:

I like to picture agents as Bionic Agents, who move at the speed of ultra-slow-motion, while making that annoying 70's special effects sound.

Saundra Julian

A work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
I have a few e-queries out with no response... Like Muse says, I figure that's a big fat, NO!

Not that that's always the case...some agents/publishers are really busy and that's the kind you want...good luck, sweetie. I hope you hear something soon.

donut

fame-seeking floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
telepathicparanoia.com
You do realize email queries often don't reply when the answer is No Thank You ?

Thanks for the reminder! It's been ten days since I sent out the first batch. Is that long enough to assume a no?

I guess I'm kind of freaking, because six months ago I sent out seven e-queries and immediately (within two days!) got back six full requests. Believe me, I thought I was on top of the world -- then, over the next few months, everyone got back to me with rejections. They all had really positive things to say, and most agreed that it was an "almost hit", but in the end they had to step aside.

Annoying, yeah, but I figured I was on the right track. So I spent all summer editing and rewriting based on their comments, and I really felt the MS was much stronger. So now I'm querying again, but this time, not a nibble!

The weird thing is, I'm using the *same* query letter that did so well for me last time, and now it's bringing me a whole lot of nothing. What happened? Can writing go stale if it's left out too long?

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
The weird thing is, I'm using the *same* query letter that did so well for me last time, and now it's bringing me a whole lot of nothing. What happened? Can writing go stale if it's left out too long?

Maybe it's the timing. The Frankfurt Book Fair starts in a couple of weeks, and I know of a number of agents who go there, and spend time preparing for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.