Hope is in the mail!

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
I'm one of those people who finds something to fret over in the brightest of situations. And so I figured I'd say nothing until I got a firm "yes". And since there's still a chance of a firm "no", I kept things to myself.

Still, I was giddy as a kid on his first class trip as I went to the post office and sent off my package this morning, and so, I changed my mind about sharing. We woeful writers have so many ups and downs, we might as well enjoy what highs there are when they come by.

I've been blessed with the chance of a lifetime, to possibly have a multiple book/film deal, and even a hand in the screenplays- but there's still an if- a really big if- They have to like this second manuscript. If they do like it, they've already said they're interested in moving towards a contract.

About two weeks ago I was simply floored to speak to this producer for about an hour. I said all of those deer-in-the headlights- stupid things. When they were being upbeat, I actually was dumb enough to say, "Well, don't you want to read the book first...what if you don't like it? Maybe we should wait to talk about that until you see it?"

Well, it's in the mail. If I hear 'yes', I'll come by and dance on the keyboards. If it's a no, I think I'll be as pathetic as ever until the next glint of sunlight.

Thanks for listening,
Nate

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Nate, that's fantastic ! You should cling to this HIGH, regardless of the outcome, so you can get the fullest enjoyment out of the moment.

BEST of luck to you for getting a speedy and wholehearted YES :)

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
:snoopy:Nate that is such great news! I know you must be walking on clouds about now, I know I would. Even though little signs of hope and acceptance is great, but this is wonderful if it all works out. Please keep us posted and good luck.

Susan Breen

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I think you're absolutely right to savor the good moments. I'll think good thoughts for you.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh Nate, That's wonderful---crossing for you!!!! Good Luck :)

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, my God...Breathless for you.

Best best best of luck!

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Man, I'd be in a stunkin' drooper every day until that reply arrived. All else would fall on the wayside: work, bathing, eating... what the hell am I saying? I couldn't stop eating even if my throat were slit, but still I'm cheering for you. Keep us posted and good luck!

Pike

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
This is GOOOOOOOOD! Look forward to hearing more.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy:Nate that is such great news! I know you must be walking on clouds about now, I know I would. Even though little signs of hope and acceptance is great, but this is wonderful if it all works out. Please keep us posted and good luck.

Joyce, I'm going to let you all know when something is definite. Thanks for the encouragement.

Nate

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Man, I'd be in a stunkin' drooper every day until that reply arrived. All else would fall on the wayside: work, bathing, eating... what the hell am I saying? I couldn't stop eating even if my throat were slit, but still I'm cheering for you. Keep us posted and good luck!

Pike

Pike, love your enthusiasm. I'll bet you're fun to hang around with! Me, this even sounds dreadful to say- I'm just plugging away on the next book. I need more people like you in my life. lol

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your comments everyone. Lol. I honestly feel like when- and I'm really hoping this happens- you'll all share in a part of this, as the A.W family has been such a part of my sticking with and banging out these stories.

Teena

Bennie's Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Now don't quote me, but I've heard that holding something back like not sharing such good news is harmful to your health. CONGRATULATIONS!

:hooray:

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. That's wonderful news. I agree with Pike; I don't think I'd be able to do anything else until I heard.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Now don't quote me, but I've heard that holding something back like not sharing such good news is harmful to your health. CONGRATULATIONS!

:hooray:

"Oh, please can I quote you!!!"

You're right. So many people have been through this whole process with me, when it wasn't working and I was frustrated, and when I needed the boost. They should at least share in the fun moments, and most are. Lol, my wife is already spending the money that isn't there.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. That's wonderful news. I agree with Pike; I don't think I'd be able to do anything else until I heard.

I love Pikes enthusiasm and yours. My mind just works so different, in that I'm thinking of this from the perspective of - if they say yes, I have lots of work to do. Plus I have other really distracting things happening in my life right now that keep me grounded.

I'm just hoping to finish off all the edits for this whole series within two years, so that whatever happens, I'll have time to kick back and enjoy the ride.