There should be a limit, right?

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am a very sporadic poster here, so every so often I look at my post count and see if it's nearing fifty. At fifty I can put up some nifty avitar on my profile just like all you cool kids have.

This morning I realize that I am sort of starting to identify with a big blue Slurpee.

Does anyone else think that perhaps I am starting to invent new ways to obsess about this process? Maybe I should take a walk or something...

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go post a few poems, ask a few questions about novel structure ... then you can have a two toned Slurpee. :D

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Come by the Cabaret (see my sig?).

We're making up funny fake bios and posting them for free virtual drinks from the virtual bar.

It is virtually guaranteed to make your post count increase.

mmmmmmm blue slurpee.......

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
That's the next step in the AW addiction process.

First, it's a shiney new avatar, then it's golden reputation.

GB is hopelessly hooked already.

Besides, the main draw here is all the writers and their input. GB, you could up your posts by posting something in a 'share your work' forum. That's where you get some personal attention and help from other members.

And welcome to AW.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is like a 12 step program designed to take you deeper into your addiction. That's awesome!

My computer won't let me into the share your work. I put in vista and it ingores me. I've been trying for days and days... :Ssh:

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Shhhh! That 'vista' is a secret password.

Okay, maybe not. But it did take me several months to discover it. I'm not much of a computer/internet sorta person. My computer is just a glorified word processor.

AW's a great addiction, and it sure beats a chemical romance.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I am a very sporadic poster here, so every so often I look at my post count and see if it's nearing fifty. At fifty I can put up some nifty avitar on my profile just like all you cool kids have.

This morning I realize that I am sort of starting to identify with a big blue Slurpee.

Does anyone else think that perhaps I am starting to invent new ways to obsess about this process? Maybe I should take a walk or something...
Sigh... That's always the first sign.

Welcome to Absolute Write: the crackhouse for writers...

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
This is like a 12 step program designed to take you deeper into your addiction. That's awesome!

My computer won't let me into the share your work. I put in vista and it ingores me. I've been trying for days and days... :Ssh:
Bad cookies. Bake a fresh batch and try again later.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I've been looking around for avatars. LOL
Try this one. It was one of my favorites.

greg.jpg

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Did somebody say Crack?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...My computer won't let me into the share your work. I put in vista and it ingores me. I've been trying for days and days... :Ssh:
If you're trying to access the Poetry area of SYW, the password is citrus.

When you do finally reach fifty posts, choose an avatar with a really big fish, preferably one you've caught. That's what all the cool members do. ;)

Welcome to AW.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score

Hmm. It appears The Mods have been at it again.

Funny, I never thought of having waffles and a Slurpee together before. Breakfast of Homer Simpson, maybe...
Walk over to the Newbie thread and every time you see a new thread start up, respond with colon-welcome-colon, and hit Submit Reply. The colon is the shift-semicolon on most keyboards, not that other part you were thinking of. Your posts will show up looking like this:
:welcome:
It will count towards your AbsoluteWrite community service (which you'll be sentenced to when a mod pulls you over for Writing Under the Influence), and you'll have 50 posts in no time.*

* a lawyer would tell me to tell you I don't mean "in no time" literally, but it's an idiom - you know what I mean, unless you've been to law school.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok- colon-welcome-colon, a big fish, cookies, and maybe some crack.

This thread is helpful. I think I just might make it.

Off to find me some newbie blood... I mean... um... off to welcome some new folks.

I will practice here first:

:welcome:

Would you look at that!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go welcome 9 newbies and you're one of us.

Oh we'll let you leave anytime you want.

Promise.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go welcome 9 newbies and you're one of us.

I just welcome-spammed the newbie board! It's one big tin of Giant Baby in there!

Had to finish the page. Didn't want anyone at the bottom to feel they weren't spam-worthy.

56 posts! :e2headban

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
So where's your new avatar Super Member? :D

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
:welcome:Soon, you'll go to the Paying Markets and cruise around there, then to SYW and become a regular "critter" as we're called. Posting poetry with aplomb, knowing oh good, Haskins looked at my stuff and weathering a line by line crit in the Novel Writing section...then you'll go to Office Party and start to learn who the jokers are, how to avoid Haggis and what a flounce is. You'll discover that locked threads are juicy reads and begin back logging to discover some of the terrific epic literary battles that have taken place and meant nothing. :popcorn: You'll abuse smilies in your responses and become a rep addict.
:hat:
Just when you think you've got a handle on it, you drop down, what's this, they need research. I want to play the game write something about the person below you. What's my essence? Then you go to the specific writing forums, more fun! :TheWave: It becomes a cycle as you troll through your favorites, begin subscribing to threads and rating them and then one day you decide, I want a place of my own, like Talk to Lady Jay or Ray's house of Love...and you create what becomes an institution like the Comedy Cabarat or AW's Royalty for a Week, you become part of AW's inner circle. Then you learn what all those rep points are for....:banana::Jaw: