I need a bodyguard!

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
To protect me from myself! :eek:

With me, all injuries are possible. I just accidentally slashed my forehead on a metal easel.

You should see my legs. They are black and blue and look like I have been beat with a stick. I promise I have not been beat on. It's just that my legs kept getting in the way while moving some furniture around in the house.

Being accident prone is my heritage. A gift from my father who is Lord and Master of accidents! This heritage really sucks. I am not the first born child and I am not male. I didn't ask for this birthright. In fact, I never deceived anyone to try and get it. Unfortunately, my argument that this heritage is not Biblically sound has failed.

Why don't I just do the obvious which is to slow down and be careful? Because I am a type A personality, not a type B. To thine own self be true. *smirk*

Gehanna :D

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Here. Put this on.

halloween-straight-jacket.jpg

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I'm type B personality (I think) and I'm the same way. I'm cautious and deliberate, just not in motion. I work on the second floor and tripped going down the stairs, tumbled my way to the bottom, and hopped up just inches from a potential client I was on my way to greet. No damage done, except to my pride of course. My daughter is the first born and has inherited it from me, as I from my mother.

I feel for you.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
LOL!! but, that would only result in additional head injury due to my inability to break a fall with my arms. Lord knows, I don't need another head injury. :e2hammer:

Gehanna

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
LOL!! but, that would only result in additional head injury due to my inability to break a fall with my arms. Lord knows, I don't need another head injury. :e2hammer:

Gehanna
Eh, I mainly hit my bum, shoulder, and back. I was sore, but nothing was broken.

I do have to say, I made quite a first impression on that potential client. :D

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Hi storygirl :)

You know what else I think>> I think I am still cursed from the time I accidentally kicked a Nun in the bum while sitting in church.

I didn't mean it. I was just a little girl with her feet up on the pew. My foot slipped and well... I've never seen an expression quite like that on a Nun's face before. I have nightmares from it.

Are you cursed to? lol

Gehanna

Last edited:

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I come from a long line of accident-prone people. We don't fall down stairs, but almost always trip up them. I trip over invisible things, walk into doorways (they're always shifting just a tad) and I hurt myself doing things like... oh, standing up.

Unfortunately, it must be a dominant gene, because both of my kids are clods as well. **sighs**

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bodyguard?

Sounds like what you need to stay out of harm's way is someone to hold you tight in their arms allllllll day.

Okay, I'll sign up.
icon10.gif

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Hi storygirl :)

You know what else I think>> I think I am still cursed from the time I accidentally kick a Nun in the bum while sitting in church.

I didn't mean it. I was just a little girl with her feet up on the pew. My foot slipped and well... I've never seen an expression quite like that on a Nun's face before. I have nightmares from it.

Are you cursed to? lol

Gehanna
LOL! Gehanna, cursed by a Nun!!

No, I don't think I'm cursed, just clumsy and honestly, I'm a daydreamer, which is my biggest problem. I'll get so lost in thought that I run smack into a door or fall down a flight of stairs.

The really ironic thing is that I am very athletic. So is my daughter. When playing sports, we're not clumsy at all, which makes me think my "bad luck" is because of a total lack of focus. When I'm playing a sport, I'm 100% there. When I'm walking down the hall making a to-do list in my head, I'm 100% gone. :D

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Let's look at this from a conspiracy theorist's perspective and blame it on... ummm, hummm..OH I know! Cell phones.

Ehhh maybe not. We need something original. If anyone has a better conspiracy theory for accident prone behavior I wanna know what it is.

Thanks,
Gehanna

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Skinned knees
are a reward
for moving
for experience
instead of moving
in response to it.

Knees heal.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes. I bang into things too, but I think 'cause I don't see too well. Sure hope your bruises don't hurt and go away very soon! Think knee and shoulder, etc. pads.:)

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Random thought here:

I've realized that Gehanna is my middle pen name. My first pen name is Amy and my last pen name is Dala.

Amy Gehanna Dala

That's it. That's my real pen name. :D

Sometimes you feel your nut and sometimes you don't. Almond JOY!

Sincerely,
Amy G. Dala

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Almond Joy's got nuts,
Mounds don't

Because
Sometimes you feel like a nut
sometimes you don't!

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
No, I don't think I'm cursed, just clumsy and honestly, I'm a daydreamer, which is my biggest problem. I'll get so lost in thought that I run smack into a door or fall down a flight of stairs.

Eh.... this can get me into trouble of catastrophic proportions. I'm a daydreamer too and will usually walk around lost in thoughts and then arrive someplace and have no idea how I got there.

But now, I have a car. I have to drive myself.

On Monday, I got so lost in my thoughts I started to drive without paying attention to where I was going. As a result, I ended up terribly lost in the middle of a horrible neighborhood. It took me half an hour to finally reach a place I knew :( It was scary.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Gehanna, with as accident-prone as you are, I have two words of advice:

1. NEVER hang out with scarletpeaches. She seems to be a magnet for sharp objects and hurts herself pretty much hourly.

2. NEVER hang out with me. I've had more than my fair share of freaky injuries. (And I'm married to Mr. Accident-Prone who, on his way to the ER for a brown recluse bite, was in an accident and had to be pried out with the jaws of life. No, he wasn't driving.)