Bones and House

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
Yeah!!!! They return!! My weekly fix of David Boreanaz and Hugh Laurie is back (although I can at least catch Hugh on USA late Friday night).

Can't wait. Now I don't have to even change my channel for most of the night on Tuesdays. :D

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
That's FUNNY! That's the 2 I'm waiting for too. My son loves BONES...and we all love House. Actually, we all love Bones too...but my son is a fanatic about it.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Just got through watching my recording of 'House'. The recording gakked at the last scene. Bad news is, I don't really care.

(I assume he's got a gaggle of recruits ready to run his gauntlet over the next few weeks and he'll eliminate them American Idol style.)

House's antics are no longer cute. Season one walked a tightrope where you couldn't wholesale hate him, but now he's just such a bastard week in and week out. I just want to smack every one who doesn't smack him.

I'm not sure, but I may be all done.

Storyteller5

Say something...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what happens because apparently the actors who play Chase and Foreman and the actress who plays Cameron are still under contract with the show. They aren't 100% gone.

I would like to smack Wilson. He is such a tool.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Loved Bones--except I had to take a phone call and I missed the last 15 minutes! AAUUGGHH! (The DH filled me in.)

Hate hate hate House--sit through it because the DH likes company. Hated it since season 1. Please--I work in healthcare. NOTHING that happens on that show could happen in RL. If I want a Hugh Laurie fix, I find a copy of his old Jeeves and Wooster series. Ahhh.

However, Comedy Central ran a New Jeff Dunham special at 10--the perfect antidote.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I don't watch Bones. But try as I might, I can't hate House. The dialogue is just so clever and well written. I still look forward to it every Tuesday and after last night, I'm in for the season, man.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Crap... House was on earlier, wasn't it...

:(

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
Love House. I'm a nurse and still work in healthcare admin and even though the show takes obvious creative license, I like it because they do/say things I so WANT to say and do.

I tried to watch Bones on several different occasions, but just didn't feel it. I did, however, see the NCIS premier. Thank goodness it's no longer on at the same time as House.

Now, waiting on Dexter Sunday night and my premiers will be done.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad House is back. I just love him. I can't help it. I have a thing for damaged men. I think, even though I know it's impossible, I just want to fix them.

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
"Bones" is a show I regularly enjoy, despite the fact that it's somewhat absurd. It's the only procedural I watch, mostly because it doesn't take itself too seriously, nor do the characters act like they're on a holy crusade all the time. I mean, they are committed to finding the truth and doing the right thing -- but 10 minutes after they've left the office, they're at the diner having a pancake-eating contest or something. Also, in a TV landscape where neurotic, infantile women are fast becoming the norm, I love that Bones is intellectual, difficult and demanding and yet likes herself and has relationships with coworkers and friends who appreciate her. Why is this so rare on TV? Wish I knew.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I remember reading a couple of books on which Bones is based, and while I enjoyed the books, I just couldn't connect with the series.

I agree, though, about many of the women on TV. Women and men, in my opinion, are usually protrayed ridiculously on most TV shows. That's why I love Dexter (but hate his sister with a passion).

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, but there's a new show on at the same time -- Reaper, and it sounds great. Fire up your tivo.
Reaper's on at the same time. Yes!!!!! Die show, die! (no offense, but it must die. before anyone notices it existed :tongue )

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I'm curious to see what happens because apparently the actors who play Chase and Foreman and the actress who plays Cameron are still under contract with the show. They aren't 100% gone.

I would like to smack Wilson. He is such a tool.

I'm sure they'll be back.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I was sad that I guessed what the problem was with the patient before House did. I guess that means he does need a team -- and that I should be on it.

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
Yeah, House was great. My son is a terrific fan so he knew exactly when it would be on. I thoroughly enjoyed the 'kidnapping' routine. Has anyone read Hugh Laurie's novel, THE GUNSELLER?
Linnea

canteloupe1020

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rickspeckwritings.com
I'm still catching up on House, don't watch TV much, and go writing on Tuesdays, and my local sports bar won't let me watch it on one of their ten-foot screens. But they do let me drink one beer and lots of iced tea all night, and they don't ban me from using their bathroom constantly . . .

But that's another story. I've gotten to where House was going to fire Chase, and I know they all quit, and he really, really loves telling spouses about infidelity (do you think the writers have had problems with this?)

I like the twist they always put into each moral dilemna, like when the gay partner donated a kidney (or part of her liver?)?