If I had only 6 months left to live I would...

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Fill in the blank.

I ask this in light of an article idea I'm working on, not to be morbid.

SERIOUS REPLIES PLEASE.

Last edited:

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I would write the longest letter imaginable and address it to my son.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
:D spend time with III and Ray because then my last 6 months would seem like an eternity :D

eta: sorry, carry on.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You'd fill in the blank? Sheesh.

I think I'd try to do some traveling, maybe delete a few blog posts and online fiction, and try every hobbie I'd never had time for before.

But filling in blanks can be rewarding, too, I suppose.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I would max out my credit cards, traveling and eating at the best restuarants in the world.

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
C'mon.. the lady asked for serious.. sheesh :)

I would first make sure my daughter knew just how important she is to me. I keep a journal for her and would continue it, hoping it comforted her after my demise.
After that, I would be sure all of my affairs were in order so as not to leave too much behind for my family to deal with.

Then, I would live each day as if it were my last. Enjoy the small things, maybe take a short trip with my family. Other than this, I don't feel I've missed anything in this life so far and would have no major things to accomplish.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Finish my WIP. (sad but true)

Quit my job and wander around the world with my husband for a few months.

Write a letter to every person who is important to me, and probably a few people who just irritate the hell out of me.

I might pray a lot more often too, I dunno. :)

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I'd want to be able to go somewhere nice with my daughter for a few weeks and not have to worry about money.

ETA: oh....you said I would.........

I would go to work and go home, to the dog park, etc. because that would be all I could afford to do.

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Travel around to spend time with family and friends I suppose. Wipe out my savings buying fun things for everyone (and eating at really nice restaurants). Maybe take a cruise around the world. And cherish every day with my husband.

Reaction score
Tell everyone in my life exactly how I feel about them, good or bad.

And hopefully, I'd get to find out what it felt like to be in love before I died.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some good answers. It's a tough question. With a limited amount of time (and possibly a limited amount of money), one can only do so many things.

But it would certainly put things in perspective. Some people don't do the things they really WANT to do now because they think they'll have plenty of time to do them in the future. But what if you didn't HAVE a future? Wouldn't each day become more precious? Wouldn't you live life differently?

Maybe some people would tell off those they've always wanted to tell off. Or simply be more honest. Or nicer. Or go do something to help someone who needs help.

Reaction score
I wouldn't have to worry about scaring people off if I told them what I was really thinking, whether it be good or bad...having a time limit gives you the opportunity for 100% honesty.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't have to worry about scaring people off if I told them what I was really thinking, whether it be good or bad...having a time limit gives you the opportunity for 100% honesty.

That's true. So it could be a really good thing.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I hear that one a lot.

You'll have to take a number. :)

Melisande

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
If I came to know for certain that I only had six months left to live it wouldn't really cause me to make any big changes in my life as it is right now, but I would consider going off my diet.... I own nothing and I owe nothing. My papers are already in order and I am old enough, and have seen enough, to be content with a life fully lived.

I wouldn't tell a living soul, though. Why make my loved ones feel bad and awkward?

Last edited:

Melisande

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score

I always speak my mind, and if people can't take it... Tough. I don't need a time limit to be honest. Sometimes I choose to stay silent though, out of consideration.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Take a vacation in Angelina Jolie's bed. Didn't I just answer that question?
Would Angelina be amenable, that's the question. ;)

Tell everyone in my life exactly how I feel about them, good or bad.
Now that I'd like to do.

And hopefully, I'd get to find out what it felt like to be in love before I died.
I hope it happens for you soon, regardless of how much time you have left. It's just about the best part of being alive. :)

I think I'd quit my job, write like crazy to finish all the WIPs I have going, then get them up on Lulu so my family and friends could have a decent printed copy of everything I've written. I'd also spend as much time as possible with my wife and daughter and make sure they were the last thing I saw before the lights went out forever.