• This forum is specifically for the discussion of factual science and technology. When the topic moves to speculation, then it needs to also move to the parent forum, Science Fiction and Fantasy (SF/F).

If the topic of a discussion becomes political, even remotely so, then it immediately does no longer belong here. Failure to comply with these simple and reasonable guidelines will result in one of the following.
    1. the thread will be moved to the appropriate forum
    2. the thread will be closed to further posts.
    3. the thread will remain, but the posts that deviate from the topic will be relocated or deleted.
    Thank you for understanding.​

What's the name for...

NicoleMD

Onomatopotamus
Registered
Reaction score
I am drawing a complete blank, and I'd look it up for myself but I'm clueless on where to start.

What's the name for the tiny little particles that go really fast and pass through our bodies? That's all I remember about them from my physics class some fifteen years ago. Something like quarks, but not. I think it might start with a Q, but I could be wrong about that too. And I remember one of the late 80's cartoons (maybe Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles) had a couple characters that had a gang or something by that name.

I wish I could be more helpful. It's on the tip of my tongue and driving me crazy!

Nicole

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
A neutrino is a lepton. Leptons and quarks are Fermions.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score

NicoleMD

Onomatopotamus
Registered
Reaction score
And I hear Arnold is considering the lead for the soon-to-be box office hit...the Ferminator...

*cough* *hack* *sigh*

Nicole