What would your dream vacation be?

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
My dad asked me this last weekend and I was pretty stumped. I've been just trying to survive so vacation really doesn't factor in for me. It is an interesting question though.

What would your dream vacation be?

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Actually mine would be pretty simple if I could ever afford to take the time off. I would love to camp while traveling across this country and end up in Montana or Washington State. Once there I would love to continue the camping trip on horseback. Unfortunately........I can't afford to take the time off from work, because camping is as cheap or as expensive as you want to make it. I love the outdoors and there is still so much of the U.S. that I have not seen.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
African safari, no hunting though, at least not on my part. Can't speak for the animals.

Why is this in TIO?

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
8-12 weeks travelling around Europe, Eastern Europe, and the Balkans. My husband wants to show me Moscow as he grew up there, and I want to show him Sarajevo and Dubrovnik; the rest would just be for fun. Barcelona, Paris, London, Rome, Vienna...with a hefty spending budget, of course. :D

*sigh*

I think I'd better start contributing more to my retirement.

Reaction score
Florence for a month, on my own, but knowing I had someone to go back to.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Florence for a month, on my own, but knowing I had someone to go back to.

Florence is just like any other Midwest city now. The farmland is all gone...Oh wait...I guess you weren't talking about Florence Kentucky.

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wait...I guess you weren't talking about Florence Kentucky.

FLORENCE Y'ALL

(actual writing on the florence KY water tower; I kid you not)

On topic: We've done different countries in Europe the past few years. We just have a general idea of what we want to see and wander around. This fall I think we're doing eastern europe for two or three weeks. I guess these trips are pretty close to our "dream" vacation since we keep repeating them. We would like to get over to Asia and down to Africa someday, but the airfare jumps up quite a bit. Maybe next year we'll take the plunge.

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
A sketching/writing/photographing visit to a small, Mediteranian town for a couple of weeks.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
I take my dream vacation every year - sometimes twice - and it's always different. This spring we are going to Philadelphia. I'm hoping to take the train to Pittsburgh, too.

Last spring it was Upstate New York & Connecticutt. It has been Italy twice, Hawaii several times and once Marfa, Texas.

I'd like to see Vancouver, New England in the fall, Chicago again and spend some quiet time in Savannah, GA.

We're looking at England & Ireland for next fall. There's so much to see & do. So many beautiful places to explore.

Last edited:

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If we're talking dreams as in: Money is no object - send me around the world. I wanna see it all.

If we're talking dreams as in: You'll have to foot the bill - I'd be happy with a drive up to Edmonton to visit my cousins.

Mr. Fix

Fixed on the future...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Taking a little time off from taking time off...

My life is a vacation!

I am currently planning my exodus to Alaska. I would like to take the ferry up from Bellingham WA to Anchorage AK then I would RV down the ALCAN HWY - with a brief stop-over in Ft. Vermillion AB Canada - just to 'see' the area from my storyline in 'Habitat.'

I have lived in several resort towns, just getting by, but the places I've lived and the things I've done...

Homes;
Bellingham, Washington.
Summit County, Colorado.
Ft. Collins, Colorado.
Boulder, Colorado.
Aspen, Colorado.
Deadwood, South Dakota.
Sequoia National Park, California.
Santa Maria, California.
Ft. Dix NJ, Ft. Rucker Alabama, Ft. Bragg NC, Ft. Campbell Kentucke, Ft. Irwin NTC California, Ft. David Panama - courtesy of US ARMY.
And I started in Irvine, California.

Jobs;
Worked as a photographer at Copper Mountain Ski resort (Lived that way for three years.)

Worked as 'Wild Bill' Hickok at the historic Saloon #10 in Deadwood SD (Best summer of my life!)

Worked at Sequoia National Park (Second Best Summer of my life!)

Worked as a Ranch Hand Santa Maria CA (Third best summer of my life!)

Did more by 6:00 AM than most people do in the entire day (US Army - hard at the time, but now that I look back, it was like a boy scout camping trip that last several years.)

Grew up in Southern California, worked in community theatre and was a student of the prestigious 'South Coast Repertory.' (Yes, I had the 'Hollywood Bug' once upon a time.)

Now I am aspiring to become the next Mark Twain. Hoping to RV cross-country promoting my books with my two best friends - my dogs Angel and Trooper. Mostly, though, because I like the idea of having "discussions" with the uncleaned masses.

:e2writer::e2steer:Presently. however, I am just a travellore of space and time.

Last edited:

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great. We're talking about nature walks and bambi, and someone has to bring out the motherfucker.

Melisande

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Dream vacation? A one way ticket into outer space.

The reality, however, is less romantic;

This Christmas we are going to New York, next summer we're off to Europe, the year after that Australia lies big, and sofar unexplored by us. We intend to remedy that.

Mr. Fix

Fixed on the future...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah, that too...

Dream vacation? A one way ticket into outer space.

The reality, however, is less romantic;

This Christmas we are going to New York, next summer we're off to Europe, the year after that Australia lies big, and sofar unexplored by us. We intend to remedy that.

Space... Yeah that would be cool.

Australia... Yeah, that would be hot.

Just wanted to concur with traveling to a place thats outta space and a space thats outta time...;)

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
All I need for a dream vacation is salt water, palm trees, and four-star service where I dine and sleep. Oh, and no kids. Vacationing with the kids is a working vacation, so this is my dream vacation, and I'm being pampered, not putting Pampers on kids.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All I need for a dream vacation is a long stretch of paid time off, with my laptop, a good friend or two, and someplace where my boss can't reach me in case of emergency.

Pomegranate

Registered
Reaction score
I just got back from one...I rented an apartment in Paris for two weeks. It was fabulous!

My favorite vacations though, are just when I take time off and stay home. I cook/bake, I take naps, I read on the porch, I walk the dog. I knit. I go to movies in the daytime. (Did I mention naps?). Basically, my real life without the day job is my dream vacation.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
We went recently -- Morocco. It was fantastic.

I'd like to go to Thailand since I haven't been there yet.