Chapter title ideas??

nancy sv

30 months on a bicycle...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
You guys always have such wonderful witty ideas, I thought I'd come here to ask for help. I'm trying to come up the a chapter title for one chapter in my book, but am really struggling with it. It's a chapter about when I had to leave my husband and sons on the bike trip to go back to Boise to take care of Mom when she had a horrible reaction to her chemotherapy and nearly died. The boys continued on along the California coast without me for a month. The chapter ends when I get back down to California and am reunited with my boys.

Some of my other chapter titles are:

Pipe Dreams and Hare-Brained Schemes
Rabbit Bushes and Shoe Trees
A Mad Dash to Nowhere
Dangling Lightbulbs and Country Doctors

I'm trying to come up iwth something that will basically say something like "Disconnect and Reconnect" or something like that - about the idea that we separated and then came back together. But I want it to be snappy and witty and kind of clever. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I'm also naming my chapters and I keep getting song titles stuck in my head. I think the saddle bit is a song, or at least it's from a song. One of mine is Don't Drink the Water (Dave Matthews) but it's about Mexico, so it works.

Good luck!

nancy sv

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
Yeah - quirky, witty chapter titles are tough. I feel like I've got most of htem, but there are still a few chapters I'm not happy with. I'll keep thinking about it. Ijust need lots of ideas and then I'll put htem all together and something will snap into place!

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
Rerouted for Love

Mom's Can be Everywhere

Trusting Enough to Let Go

God's Grace is a Mom's Best Friend

Just The Boys

When Mom's Not There

Maybe these titles aren't snappy/witty/funny but after reading through your fantastic stories and what you've indicated here, I had these come to mind. I told my husband about your journeys. They are wonderful and incredible stories.

kid

Last edited:

nancy sv

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
I like the Rerouted for Love one!! And the others are great too - gosh, you've got lots of ideas!

Thanks for your words about our journey. It was such a fantastic expereince for all four of us. We learned more than we could knew one could learn in a year, and grew more than we could hvae imagined. We are soooo looking forward to getting back on the road in 21 months!!

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
How about a little twist on it, like 'been there and back again', naw, bad verb choice.

Emergencies and contingencies?

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like the Rerouted for Love one.. says it all

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
It's a chapter about when I had to leave my husband and sons on the bike trip to go back to Boise to take care of Mom when she had a horrible reaction to her chemotherapy and nearly died. The boys continued on along the California coast without me for a month. The chapter ends when I get back down to California and am reunited with my boys.

I'm trying to come up iwth something that will basically say something like "Disconnect and Reconnect" or something like that - about the idea that we separated and then came back together. But I want it to be snappy and witty and kind of clever. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

HOW ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE "BACK TO THE END" ... meaning you're going back to mother only to return where you left off...or something. I don't know. I just number my chapters. Titles would be like writing...and shoot I can't seem to do that!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
There and Back Again was actually my first thought!! But then I figured I couldn't go there... or can I????

How about, just "Back Again". It applies to going back to mom and coming back to the boys.

or "Back, again".

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know maybe:
From One Mother to Another

A Mother for Us All
Signifying you were going to your mother, then coming back to being a mother again?