Point and laugh at my really bad haircut

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
Help! I got a haircut a couple days ago, and it's atrocious. Way too short. I look like a guy. :(

So, of course, I decided to make it worse by changing the color. After bleaching, it looks like a flame. It's light on the bottom bleeding up to red on top. So how bad is it? Meeting Kadea and Co. tomorrow is already going to be a bust, as I can't change it for 24 hours, but should I maybe do it purple instead? :Huh:

Sorry for the ridiculously large pic. I'm on a friend's comp, and I don't know how to resize.

5xq64cg.jpg

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
As you wish, master Az.

*points and laughs*

Really, though. Anyone with the gall to cut off that much hair and then bleach it retina-burning red has my undying respect. I'm way too much of a wuss.

Harimum

Registered
Reaction score
Doesn't look that bad to me. I think with some lipstick (that matches your hair colour) and a pair of high heels you'd look pretty good there. Of course that may not be your style but it's just a thought.

And anyway, you're going to be much harder on yourself than anyone else. What you think looks 'bad' other people might think looks pretty good.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Hats are coming back in style. :D If you don’t want a hat, color your eyebrows so it looks natural. How about if you color it blonde to look like Annie Lenox.

I’m kidding, it’s not bad. I wouldn’t mess with another color this will fade within a week, I know, I’ve been many different colors and styles. And hair grows, so don’t worry about the length. Have fun and tell Kadea & Co. (whoever that is) I said Hi.

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
I think you should post a picture where you're smiling (and not looking as if you hate your hair). If your face tells the world you're hating your hair...then the world will notice. If you're smiling - people will notice your smile.

:)

Take care.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I hear you. I had my hair cut about a month ago and I hate mine, too.

Don't worry, it'll grow out. But not by tomorrow.

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
I think you should post a picture where you're smiling (and not looking as if you hate your hair). If your face tells the world you're hating your hair...then the world will notice. If you're smiling - people will notice your smile.

:)

Take care.

Ha! If I smiled my friends would think I was abducted by aliens. ;)

Last edited:

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
You could try a toner if you don't like the red. I don't see a thing wrong with your hair. I do see someone who is fun that is NOT smiling.

NOW, smile..or I am going to get the zappythingy and make sure you are at least grimacing which MIGHT pass for a smile.

;)

ErylRavenwell

Banned
Reaction score
Not bad. Even though, I think your hair has so much more potential than that. I like the shirt, and black varnish rocks (my gf, who is a lil bit of a Goth, had all my toe nails painted black). :D

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
Not bad. Even though, I think your hair has so much more potential than that. I like the shirt, and black varnish rocks (my gf, who is a lil bit of a Goth, had all my toe nails painted black). :D

I got a manicure today, black nails, with white french manicure on top. It looks amazingly awesome! :D

totidem_verbis

Registered
Reaction score
I used to wear my hair in that style. I like it. It looks edgy. I like the color, too.

You can balance the look with something that draws the eye such as earrings or lipstick or a necklace.

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
My only badassness is my tongue piercing. Which prompted my mother to say "Hillary, only sluts have that," because she is supportive and classy.

Next time I'm just getting my nails painted like yours, Azzy.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I agree, it doesn't look that bad! Would look better with a smile, alien abduction or no. :)

My advice? Totally rock it out...I think there's a possibility there for a "faux-hawk". Wear some bitchin' earrings with it to go with your new manicure, and you've got a brand-new look to try out until your hair grows back to a length you like better. :)

Who knows? Maybe you'll like the new, shorter 'do better once you get past the "pissed they messed up my hair" part.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I think it looks cute on you. I wish I were brave enough to do a color like that, it's amazing. But with my curly hair, I'd look like Little Orphan Annie. :eek:

But I feel your pain...I had a couple of too short cuts in the past couple of years and my favorite fix, or at least help, was instead of spiking it all up, I just sort of mushed it around so part was up and part of it wasn't. Using some sort of styling pomade works better for this than gel.

I do like it though... :D

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score

Last edited:

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
it's not very flattering, but you can improve things.

unless youre trying to rebel against something, i'd get rid of the flaming red and go with black.

maybe you can put some red streaks in, but just keep it simple.

~uncle bravo

I'm rebelling against my husband, who is planning on dying his hair fire engine red. ;)

Nah, actually, it wasn't meant to be this color. I had auburn hair and bleached it, but this is what happened. Oops.

I think I might go dark purple tomorrow. My husband likes crazy colored hair, and since I'm not looking for a job any time soon, color doesn't really matter, as long as it doesn't look horrible from the get go.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I think you rock for taking the risk! I'm a wimp when it come to hairstyles, and love the edginess of your look.

instead of spiking it all up, I just sort of mushed it around so part was up and part of it wasn't.
This would soften the look a bit.

I think purple could be fun-be sure to show us a new pic if you do!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
It's like the offspring of Lucille Ball and Calvin.

/hides!

:D