PDA

View Full Version : It's RAINING!

JoNightshade
09-22-2007, 03:38 AM
I can't believe it. WEATHER in Southern California. This has to be some kind of record.

maestrowork
09-22-2007, 03:39 AM
You're in SoCal, so shaddup. ;)

benbradley
09-22-2007, 03:46 AM
I can't believe it. WEATHER in Southern California. This has to be some kind of record.

So, like, do you guys usually live, like, in a complete vacuum?

JoNightshade
09-22-2007, 03:47 AM
...and I'm moving to Seattle ASAP. Sometimes this place really freaks me out. Having a clear blue sky with sun every day gets to be like that movie, "Groundhog Day." Every day is the same... AAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

jennifer75
09-22-2007, 03:51 AM
I've been checking MSN's weather ALL DAY...waiting for it. And now, to the west, near CC and SM I see the rain clouds...

Ava Jarvis
09-22-2007, 03:51 AM
Sooo... you'd prefer a place where every day the sky was overcast and the ground damp?

:)

JoNightshade
09-22-2007, 03:52 AM
Sooo... you'd prefer a place where every day the sky was overcast and the ground damp?

:)

Well, I hear the sun comes through the clouds about twice a year. :)

Ava Jarvis
09-22-2007, 03:53 AM
Yep! I understand. I lived in Aztec territory almost all my life. Then had the audacity to move to the Pac. NW! (BTW it is actually sunny here!)

Was sunny.

Okay, Pacific NW is lovely during summer and the rain is rarely ever bad, just constant 9 months out of the year. Last year we went 45 days straight with rain. No break. Rain, all the time.

But the summers are indeed nice and sunny...

KTC
09-22-2007, 03:56 AM
It hasn't rained here in forever. Just look at my beautiful brown grass.

JLCwrites
09-22-2007, 03:57 AM
Was sunny.

Okay, Pacific NW is lovely during summer and the rain is rarely ever bad, just constant 9 months out of the year. Last year we went 45 days straight with rain. No break. Rain, all the time.

But the summers are indeed nice and sunny...

Yes, the rain does drive you a bit batty after a while. By March I am going loony! I've even washed my car in the rain! But it is the sacrifice you make for all the greenery! BTW, Im a bit south of you. Still sunny, and I am stuck inside with a sick toddler. Gah!

reigningcatsndogs
09-22-2007, 04:07 AM
It's raining here too (cats and dogs), but that's because we only got half the new roof on! Once we get the other half on, it'll stop again.

JLCwrites
09-22-2007, 04:25 AM
It's raining here too (cats and dogs), but that's because we only got half the new roof on! Once we get the other half on, it'll stop again.

:ROFL::roll::ROFL:

LOL for two reasons
I understand, we are still trying to finish the roof on our wood shed while the weather has been raining off and on.

and because it is "raining catsndogs"

(Im blond, and easily entertained)

melaniehoo
09-22-2007, 04:26 AM
It's rainy season here and it rains everyday at 6pm. Sometimes in the middle of the night too. Today it was sunny and close to 100 degrees, right now it's cloud and rainy, and the sun will most likely come out again before it sets. I'm from the Midwest and cannot get used to this. I miss fall.

With the hurricanes a couple weeks ago it rained for two solid days.

SpookyWriter
09-22-2007, 05:11 AM
...and I'm moving to Seattle ASAP. Sometimes this place really freaks me out. Having a clear blue sky with sun every day gets to be like that movie, "Groundhog Day." Every day is the same... AAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!I gots no sympathy for yous. Try living in Phoenix!

SpookyWriter
09-22-2007, 05:12 AM
:ROFL::roll::ROFL:

LOL for two reasons
I understand, we are still trying to finish the roof on our wood shed while the weather has been raining off and on.

and because it is "raining catsndogs"

(Im blond, and easily entertained)Wanna come over and watch my cricket while I go out for dinner?

melaniehoo
09-22-2007, 05:12 AM
What, is it hot and sunny there too? :) But sucky, you don't got no water.

SpookyWriter
09-22-2007, 05:16 AM
What, is it hot and sunny there too? :) But sucky, you don't got no water.:Shrug: Our state bird.

http://willdo.philadelphiaweekly.com/archives/082106vulture.jpg

melaniehoo
09-22-2007, 05:18 AM
ha ha. that's scary.

I have to go shower for the third time today since I've sweated through my clothes again. Yum. Then I'm going out in the rain, joy.

JoNightshade
09-22-2007, 05:19 AM
It's rainy season here and it rains everyday at 6pm. Sometimes in the middle of the night too.

"The rain may never fall til after sundown... July and August must not be too hot..."

Rep for anyone who gets that.

melaniehoo
09-22-2007, 05:34 AM
Uhh, me?

I don't know... 1/2 point for living it?

Deadbeat 007
09-22-2007, 05:36 AM
I gots no sympathy for yous. Try living in Phoenix!

Agreed. :flag:

SpookyWriter
09-22-2007, 05:38 AM
Agreed. :flag:Hahahaaa...but I'm leaving in December or thereabouts, so I won't be here next summer.

PeeDee
09-22-2007, 05:42 AM
I live in Minnesota.

We've been under a flood watch all week.

Losers. :D

Ava Jarvis
09-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Yes, the rain does drive you a bit batty after a while. By March I am going loony! I've even washed my car in the rain!

:roll:

That's so true...

But it is the sacrifice you make for all the greenery! BTW, Im a bit south of you. Still sunny, and I am stuck inside with a sick toddler. Gah!

I'm sure the clouds will come for you soon. :)

Deadbeat 007
09-22-2007, 05:46 AM
Hahahaaa...but I'm leaving in December or thereabouts, so I won't be here next summer.

*sigh* :rant:

Silver King
09-22-2007, 06:22 AM
Have you ever noticed when it hasn't rained in a while, say a long while, that it makes you long for rain without realizing what you are wishing for? And when it comes, finally, in a downpour that refuses to be ignored, jagged lightening and thunder overhead, you stop what you are doing to have a better look, drawn to a window, watching sweet rain embracing a parched earth hungry for moisture, and you feel yourself drawn up, alive, and turn the knob to walk into that cold wet welcome, and realize you will never be this way again, face up, the drops flashing past stars and stinging your cheeks as the earth softens beneath you, creating a cast you sink into and never want to leave.

PeeDee
09-22-2007, 06:28 AM
I do that every time it rains. I glory in it. Its partially why i live here.

melaniehoo
09-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Have you ever noticed when it hasn't rained in a while, say a long while, that it makes you long for rain without realizing what you are wishing for? And when it comes, finally, in a downpour that refuses to be ignored, jagged lightening and thunder overhead, you stop what you are doing to have a better look, drawn to a window, watching sweet rain embracing a parched earth hungry for moisture, and you feel yourself drawn up, alive, and turn the knob to walk into that cold wet welcome, and realize you will never be this way again, face up, the drops flashing past stars and stinging your cheeks as the earth softens beneath you, creating a cast you sink into and never want to leave.

what are you, a writer or something?

well said. :)

JoNightshade
09-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Something even more wonderful happened! I glanced outside just as the sun was setting, and there was a HUGE rainbow across the sky! It was beautiful.

JLCwrites
09-22-2007, 10:10 AM
"The rain may never fall til after sundown... July and August must not be too hot..."

Rep for anyone who gets that.
In Camelot!

JoNightshade
09-22-2007, 10:11 AM
In Camelot!

Yay! Turkey gets the rep! :)

Azraelsbane
09-22-2007, 11:00 AM
I am visiting from Florida, and brought the rain with me. So says Kadea. :)

Xx|e|ph|e|me|r|al|xX
09-22-2007, 11:31 AM
I want rain. We've had droughts all summer, interspersed with drizzles and full-on five minute downpours. We've had power outages and disgusting, fungi-full water from the lack of it. We've had to limit our water usage to preserve water. We've had to buy a new breaker because a storm knocked ours out.

It's been a weird, hot summer here in TN. But...I think it's raining now. Huh.