This is what we should be doing. This is writing, 21st Century

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Fun!

How long before this guy gets a production deal to go head to head with Lost?

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
Yeah, but Deek: how many've us 'Muricans failed the "click on New York" test, without the globe being labeled?

(I wonder what the rest of the sight looks like.....)

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank heaven's they put that green X there - I was lookin' for NY more to the right :D

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I saw it when the first episode came out. It's a clever idea. I like that we're starting to see internet television shows appearing, especially since they're sci-fi. I really do think the internet is potentially the future of certain types of fiction (I harp on it plenty).

I just couldn't get into Afterworld, though. I thought it was boring, boring, boring. It may jsut be me.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure I like the portrayal of guns and religion as so evil.

If civilization collapsed, I would not be caught without at least a handgun. There's the beauty of universal trust, then there's reality. Precautions make sense, and don't make you an uzi-toting maniac.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I would carry a gun, certainly. I would try not to use it, of course, but I would carry it nonetheless. It's a survival situation and you have to make sure you survive.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I'm not sure I like the portrayal of guns and religion as so evil.

If civilization collapsed, I would not be caught without at least a handgun. There's the beauty of universal trust, then there's reality. Precautions make sense, and don't make you an uzi-toting maniac.

Guns aren't evil. Delondra used one for good. Shoemaker has just decided that for his own journey, he won't use one: and he's already foretold that he'll second-guess that decision many times.

And religion itself isn't evil either -- many of the central park people thought the fall was biblical. But men using religion to control other men is evil... and that's as true here in the real world as it is in New Eden.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I just watched the first little episode. Very cool! It's like a Reading Rainbow story for adults.
Looks like they're not even a quarter of the way through yet, and it'll be a long time before it's done. Took me all morning to watch (including doing a bit of job related stuff), so I'll probably pop back in periodically to watch a dozen episodes.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Guns aren't evil. Delondra used one for good. Shoemaker has just decided that for his own journey, he won't use one: and he's already foretold that he'll second-guess that decision many times.
Naive and idealistic don't get you cross country alive.

Also, he could have tried riding a bike again.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't watched it yet, but since this is, I assume, created and totally paid for by the site owner/writer - how is this different from any other vanity published work?

What I'm asking, I suppose, is: How does the author make any money? I don't see any source of revenue etc. which would make it an expensive gamble, no?

Last edited:

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I started a thread on Afterworld a few days ago too, but mine wasn't as popular. Afterworld ROCKS!

I sure wish I knew what III thinks of Afterworld. He seems like a real post-apocalyptic desolation kind of guy.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Um, you left something out:

Most everyone on the planet > Deek > III > PeeDee > KTC = Brokenfingers > Robeiae

Status
Not open for further replies.