First Ever Reading

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Tonight was Poetluck at the Writers' Colony at Dairy Hollow. There was a featured reader and the other writers-in-residence and myself also read. Then it was opened up to anyone else who brought something.

I read three poems, all of which were well received. These people have heard pretty much everything (from what I understand by talking to Writers' Colony staff), so I believed the ones who said they really enjoyed my poems. It was a bit nerve-wracking for me but, all in all, went very well.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Guts I don't really have. *s* It's a good thing I was sitting or my knees would've been wobbly.

I'll get over it with practice, I'm sure. But "practice" times aren't very plentiful.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Awesome, Jen...congrats! It's fun, aint' it!

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, congrats! That takes guts.

We sometimes go to a place called Nuyorican Poets Cafe and I have nothing but respect for anyone who can get up and put themselves out there like that. I think I would need a few drinks first.

That's so great!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! You did something a lot of people can't do. Way to go. I almost croaked during my first reading. And my last reading. Wait a minute, I've only ever done one!

Last edited:

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Wow!

I check in after a pretty dang good writing day and I'm totally impressed with all the comments here. :)

Thanks, guys. :)

Yes, it was fun, all things considered. I would definitely do it again in a heartbeat. I would still probably be that nervous for the next couple ones, though.

Wendy, you'd be surprised how little alcohol you'd actually need. I had two sips of wine. lol. That was it. Seriously. Then again, that was all I had for the whole night. I learned I don't really like white wine very much at all. Give me a blush or a mild red instead. ;)