Not open for further replies.

Mike Lynch

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mikelynchbooks.blogspot.com
In case anyone is interested, I found this article in my newspaper
this morning about Robert Heinlein.

"The complete archive of renowned American science-fiction writer Robert Heinlein will be made available online, thanks to an unusual partnership of the University of California-Santa Cruz and the Heinlein Prize Trust.

Heinlein, who lived in Santa Cruz for two decades, was one of the grand masters of science fiction. He became a pop icon in the 1960s with the publication of "Stranger In A Strange Land," one of the most successful science-fiction novels ever published. He died in 1988.

The entire contents of the Robert A. and Virginia Heinlein Archive--housed in the UC-Santa Cruz Library's Special Collections since 1968--have been scanned in an effort to preserve the contents digitally while making the collection easily available to both academics and the general public. The digitization project was the brainchild of Art Dula, direct of the Heinlein Prize Trust.

The first collection released includes 106,000 pages, consisting of Heinlein's complete manuscripts--including files of all his published
works, notes, research, early drafts and edits of manuscripts. The
documents offer a window into Heinlein's creative process and
provide background and context for his work.

Other collections soon to be added on the online archive will
feature Robert and Virginia Heinlein's business and personal
correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, and unpublished works, including communications with Heinlein's editor and agent."

For more information, go to www.heinleinprize.com

Enjoy,

Mike

writingmom

Happy To Be !
Registered
Reaction score
good info,

I think it's great that we can read, create and communicate with each other because of the p.c, and the info we recieve like the history of R.A.H. And those of you who bring these bits and pieces of everything from A-W. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.